TSN on Drew's Presser.

Sounds like he already tried that route and look where it got them.
Sounded more like an $11 million per year player airing dirty laundry and pointing at “the other guy” to me. But I am glad he said something. Just not the way he said it.

Well, I'm sorry if some players didn't like this but this is what "A"s and "C"s are supposed to do. He's just bringing up the fact the team needs to collectively remove their heads from their asses.

Playing a good 20 minutes per game isn't going to get them anywhere except early April tee times at the golf course.

jom

He called out the team, not teammates. No names. I'd say drew did gud.
Sounded more like an $11 million per year player airing dirty laundry and pointing at “the other guy” to me. But I am glad he said something. Just not the way he said it.
I didn't really hear that personally. Team needs a kick in the somewhere and I think Drew was trying to do exactly that. Hell they're airing their dirty laundry on the ice in public right now.

Last edited:
I think you *HAVE* to assume that he's been saying this privately already - DD is not known for holding his tongue. With how bad we've been for so long, this is likely a message delivered privately multiple times to the locker room. You'll find pretty much 100% agreement here that we have to do something differently to get us out of this slump...and a more public accounting of our faults so that we can address them may be exactly that. I find the fact that we complain about needing a change, and then something out of the ordinary happens like DD's comments, and then we complain about that too to be a quintessential part of LGK... ;)

I'm here for anything to light a fire under these guy's asses!

I love Drew even more for doing this. The fans are fed up, good so see that he's willing to call out the team and let fans know he's even more fed up.

Tension in the locker room, stay tuned after tonight. This will get worse. Getting spicier by the day. Todd will take the fall; however, the Kings just don't have the pieces to sustain a long playoff run and at this point, most likely they won't even sniff the playoffs. Playoffs, you're talking playoffs.

The locker room is divided and has been for a while. Doughty wouldn’t have said this if it was a one-off. It’s on Blake for not giving two sh*ts about character and bringing in players who aren’t a good fit (PLD and Fiala). Two summers in a row where he got absolutely fleeced by GM’s who were at a disadvantage going into negotiations.

The locker room is divided and has been for a while. Doughty wouldn’t have said this if it was a one-off. It’s on Blake for not giving two sh*ts about character and bringing in players who aren’t a good fit (PLD and Fiala). Two summers in a row where he got absolutely fleeced by GM’s who were at a disadvantage going into negotiations.
Yet, according to the Kings, Fiala is a good fit and there are no indications that he is a poor character guy.

When speaking of playing with Fiala:

Vilardi – Yeah for sure, he does see the game differently, that’s why he’s an NHL All-Star. You get used to that, like all things it takes time getting used, playing with different guys. It’s always a little adjusting, but it’s been good so far.

Lizotte – He does some things that maybe with some other guys, they make a play when it probably shouldn’t be made, but he makes it work because he’s that good. You’ve got to always be ready, stick always on the ice and expect to get the puck back basically at all times. It’s definitely a mindset change from some other guys I’ve played with.

Kempe – I’ve never played with a guy who has made a lot of those passes before. If you’re sitting on the bench, when I’m not playing with him and you’re like, “oh, this pass is never getting through” and it ends up getting through. It’s a skill he has and when you play with confidence, a lot of those things work out.

“He’s dangerous and he can play up and down the lineup, his game transfers with him wherever he goes,” McLellan said. “He can play with big players, small players, quick or crafty players, straight-line players. It’s rare to find a player like that and he makes the players around him better.”

I just don't buy that Fiala in part of the population of players which Doughty - In fact I'd say no one on the current Kopitar or Danault line is.

I think both Doughy and Kopitar were following McClellans lead. Once Todd made direct mention of PLD in the other nights post-game, that gave the green light for them to take this beyond the confines of the locker room.

Could you imagine having a big strapping body like PLD does, and not using it. My wife says the same thing about me, however, omits the strapping. Actually, she does not omit, she avoids. Can't blame her.

Last edited:
There were no issues that we knew of last year with Fiala, or anyone else. Maybe Gabe?
We were all ticked off that Gabe got moved cos we all saw the potential.
Every guy has said it's a great room/culture. Gavi & Korpisalo said so when they came over.

It is PLD and no one else.

The dude just doesn't care about anything other than himself.

Yet, according to the Kings, Fiala is a good fit and there are no indications that he is a poor character guy.

When speaking of playing with Fiala:

Vilardi – Yeah for sure, he does see the game differently, that’s why he’s an NHL All-Star. You get used to that, like all things it takes time getting used, playing with different guys. It’s always a little adjusting, but it’s been good so far.

Lizotte – He does some things that maybe with some other guys, they make a play when it probably shouldn’t be made, but he makes it work because he’s that good. You’ve got to always be ready, stick always on the ice and expect to get the puck back basically at all times. It’s definitely a mindset change from some other guys I’ve played with.

Kempe – I’ve never played with a guy who has made a lot of those passes before. If you’re sitting on the bench, when I’m not playing with him and you’re like, “oh, this pass is never getting through” and it ends up getting through. It’s a skill he has and when you play with confidence, a lot of those things work out.

“He’s dangerous and he can play up and down the lineup, his game transfers with him wherever he goes,” McLellan said. “He can play with big players, small players, quick or crafty players, straight-line players. It’s rare to find a player like that and he makes the players around him better.”

I just don't buy that Fiala in part of the population of players which Doughty - In fact I'd say no one on the current Kopitar or Danault line is.
Fiala might be a nice guy but he is absolutely not a fit when it comes to the “structure” the Kings want to play with. Since day 1 he’s had difficulty finding chemistry with anyone and plays like a complete dumbass. He takes bad penalties every game and makes several dangerous passes or carry-ins each game. He is 100% one of the guys Doughty is talking about.

There were no issues that we knew of last year with Fiala, or anyone else. Maybe Gabe?
We were all ticked off that Gabe got moved cos we all saw the potential.
Every guy has said it's a great room/culture. Gavi & Korpisalo said so when they came over.

It is PLD and no one else.

The dude just doesn't care about anything other than himself.
See above post. When I say “fit” I’m not only talking about fitting in the locker room. Fiala doesn’t fit with the Kings on the ice.

Back