Crypto-logo-175-for-real.png
| Los Angeles, CA

Previous Meeting

10/11/22 - Golden Knights 4, Kings 3

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G38P1.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Alex Iafallo, Brendan Lemieux, & Todd McLellan 12/23 Post Game Quotes

Alex Iafallo on finding a way to get a point going into the holiday break
For sure, definitely, you know it was a good point that we needed. Obviously wanted the two points, to get a win, but looking at positive, we did get a point going into the break, so halfway. It’s good for us to look up.
Iafallo on if he viewed tonight as a “special teams” kind of game
Yeah, definitely, a lot of kills and a lot of power plays. At that point, you’ve got to try to get momentum from either one, either the PK or the power play. We tried to do that and it was pretty even throughout the whole match.
Iafallo on his one-timer goal on the man advantage
I was just trying to shoot the puck to be honest, a good screen. We just talked about it before, Durzi made a nice pass and I just had to shoot in there. Just trying to get shots to the net………[I’ve been] working on getting the shot off quicker, not such a high slap shot, just more of a lower shot, get the puck to the net faster.
Iafallo on playing the right way in front of Jonathan Quick tonight
Yeah, for sure. He had a hell of a game, he made a lot of huge saves for us. We gave him a lot of chances that we shouldn’t have and he made some huge saves. We owed it to him and it was a huge point for us.

Brendan Lemieux on his thoughts from tonight’s game and getting back into the lineup for the first time since November
As a team, we started off slow and had some penalty issues, which doesn’t set our game and style up well. I thought we got our footing under us and just couldn’t capitalize. Personally, it’s obviously tough coming back after being away for the last little bit. Nice to be on the bench instead of watching and rehabbing and hope to build off this after the break.

Todd McLellan on finding a way to get a point tonight in Arizona
I thought it was a gutsy point or by our team. Gas tanks were running low and they checked very well, it was a gutsy, gutsy [effort] by our team. Quickie played well, there’s a lot of clogging up of the neutral zone by both teams, wasn’t a lot of free play. Penalties affected our start, or at least our first period, the last thing we needed to do after basically playing three lines yesterday was play six players for five minutes straight and that’s what happened today, but penalties played a big part. I thought in the second and third, we settled in. It’s a lot of things we wanted to do, but just couldn’t find the net.
McLellan on getting the right kind of performance in front of Jonathan Quick
It all goes together. Our group owed Quickie a good, honest effort, a checking effort, an effort with a conscience and I thought we got that today. In return, I thought he paid back the guys with some pretty big and timely saves. Not a lot of them, but timely ones when we needed them.
McLellan on hearing about having only one referee in tonight’s game
Travel. There’s so many games and a lot of referees couldn’t get where they were going. I thought Kyle Bremen did a good job, it’s a hard thing for officials to do, is to change their routine and their positioning. We’re always going whine and [complain] about calls here and there, but he did an admirable job.
McLellan on the penalty kill tonight
On the 5-on-3, I think we can adjust a little bit and even do a better job there, but they scored quite quickly and still had a full minute and 45 or whatever it was left, so that kill in itself was important not to go down two in that situation. The succession that the penalty kill had to go to work in the first period really got tested and they did a good job.
McLellan on Alex Iafallo getting the power-play goal via a one-timer
Without Arthur here that hole needs to be filled and I’ve seen Alex one time a lot of pucks in practice, I think he’s got that skill set, he fits that spot pretty good. Tough go for him over the last few months, trying to get his game back, but he’s starting to finally look polished up and I’m sure it’s starting to feel better. We’re lucky to have him.
McLellan on the importance of taking a point into the holiday break
It’s important to get something from a game any time you can. Three games in four nights, we overplayed probably some players, fell behind. The fact that we came back, I think it was a character [performance], I keep going back to that. These games, pre and post All-Star break, Christmas, they’re hard ones to play. A lot of times they can be blowouts, one team just takes off and the other team is done. I was happy the way the guys dug in.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G38KF.png

G38KD.png

G28KG.png

Kings Injuries

Arthur Kaliyev (IR)
Trevor Moore (DtD)

Golden Knights Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G38VGKF2.png

G38VGKD2.png

G38VGKG.png

G38VGKI2.png

Former Kings

Michael Amadio
8478020.jpg

Ben Hutton
8477018.jpg

Alec Martinez
8474166.jpg

Brayden McNabb
8475188.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G38GSK.png

G38GSGK.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G38PSK.png
G38PSGK.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G38-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

I’m going FULL JINX with tonight’s questions because my Friend Who Always Sees A Kings Win will be at the game

Part 1 - Which GOLDEN KNIGHTS player will score the first VGK goal of the game?
You can take 4 guesses - one can be “no VGK goals”
If it goes to a 0-0 shootout, that will count as “No VGK Goals”

Part 2 - How many SAVES will the Kings goalie make in tonight’s game?
You can take 2 guesses
+/-1 = 1 point, dead on = 2 points

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/-1 of a shot differential of 3 and/or that Lemieux would take the first Kings penalty of the game:

Shot Differential 3 (2 points):

TooCool

Shot Differential 2,4 (1 point):
DRice
AngelEyes
Rusty
dannybuoy1
empire
Nyssa42

Lemieux first penalty (1 point):
kingsmen93
jammer06
DRice* 2 point winner
Dirtweazle

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 29 points:

VegasHockey

27 Points

Kurisu
srm1105

26 Points

25 Points

Bill Hicks
DRGinLBC
LeftyKing

24 Points

Rusty

23 Points

randdog
sonnyboy11

22 Points

AngelEyes
beady eye
hornman
John a90
Liz4LA

21 Points

SirJW

20 Points

DRice
forum gold
Helvetica
pray4mojo

19 Points

18 Points

RoS

17 Points

Clif

16 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
empire
jammer 06
Nyssa42
TooCool

15 Points

KHenry14

14 Points

13 Points

dannybuoy1
hihocarp
Sevenhole

12 Points

JETS GARAGE

11 Points

CIrvine

10 Points

Busted Chops
Dr. Tran
kingsmen93
notbob
waynet

9 Points

8 Points

kopinator
Rogie-Vachon
Shackleford

7 Points

6 Points

beedee
Byron

5 Points

Dirtweazle
kingrussell

4 Points

JayWells24

3 Points

HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
Dexter
PuckMaster

1 Point

Rinkrat

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

Last edited:
Part 1: Stone, Smith, Pietrangelo, Karlsson
Part 2: 29 or 32

Go Kings!!

Part 1 - Stone, Smith, Kessel, Miromanov

Part 2 - 35 or 39 SOG

Thank you Nyssa! Go Kings Go!!!

Thank you, Susan et al!

Home game after the big holiday... this should be interesting...

GKG!!!

My first in person game of the year.

Part 1 -

Roy, Smith, Marchessault, Karlsson

Part 2 -

oh no! my Friend Who Always Sees A Kings Win is sick and won't be at the game. :sad:

I see that Byfield has been recalled - I'll update lineups shortly

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back