Waiver Watch

JAD will be placed on waivers per John Hoven.

Means that we will play the first two games with 11 forwards. Once Kaliyev is back, we will also play 11 forwards any time a forward is out injured (unless put on LTIR). I suppose if two players are injured, they will have to dress only 19 players.

This is a recipe for disaster.

given the strength of our top 9, i think they're already going to be fighting for enough minutes, so im not that worried. But this is indeed a bit of a corner theyve put themselves in.

Losing players in a reality. Every year each team starts with 7 picks . I have heard a few scouts say a team is doing really well if two players per draft make the NHL
Dean Lombardi once asked a reporter "What do you call it when a team consistently gets two of their draft picks to make their NHL roster?" Answer: "A dynasty".

jom

Mayor is speculating that the Kings could keep Rittich and waive Copley to save money.
That would be a really stupid move. Copley has shown he can get the team to a playoff spot. The other two have shown nothing. From what little I've seen so far I'd rather dump Talbot. Goaltending is the last place Blake should be looking to save money.

I kind of thought JAD was going on waivers when I heard they were going 11/7. I hate to lose him but if he can make an NHL roster then good for him. Losing him wouldn't save us money though since he only makes $775,000. It's interesting that they didn't send down Englund since they said they didn't want to risk losing Bjornfot. Does this mean that Englund beat him out for LD3?

As far as he goalies, I think it has to be Rittich, even though he played arguably better than Copley & Talbot. But he had to know going in that he was the 3rd goalie. But I think the idea of waiving Copley after he saved their season & they just signed him to a new deal is just dumb. I just think they're waiting until the last minute to put him through waivers.

This might be a dumb idea or maybe not. But why not try putting Englund on the 4th line & moving Grundstrom up to play with Fiala & PLD? This way they don’t have jacked up line combinations. I know it was done years ago with Steve McKenna. And it’s only for 2 games. But what’s better, this or going 11/7?

Mayor is speculating that the Kings could keep Rittich and waive Copley to save money.

Lol what. Copley at least has a great 1/2 season under his belt -- our other choices are a 36 y/o Cam Talbot and whoever Rittich is? The cup.. IS OURS. Either way I fully expect a goofy move at trade deadline for another ringer goalie. I thought we had some deep goalie depth in the pipeline.. but then Quick played forever. It's weird to worry about goaltending again. Though I don't think it's as big of a deal anymore.

This might be a dumb idea or maybe not. But why not try putting Englund on the 4th line & moving Grundstrom up to play with Fiala & PLD? This way they don’t have jacked up line combinations. I know it was done years ago with Steve McKenna. And it’s only for 2 games. But what’s better, this or going 11/7?
He did not look good with the Saturday IMO

I wonder if they are looking into trading one of the goalies instead of waiving them. Otherwise, one has to go through waivers and I'm not sure why that decision wouldn't have already been made.

A cap compliant roster has to be submitted today, which they can do by sending the likes of Byfield, Kaliyev and/or Spence down. Nothing stops any them from being recalled before the first game.

I wonder if they are looking into trading one of the goalies instead of waiving them. Otherwise, one has to go through waivers and I'm not sure why that decision wouldn't have already been made.

A cap compliant roster has to be submitted today, which they can do by sending the likes of Byfield, Kaliyev and/or Spence down. Nothing stops any them from being recalled before the first game.
Rittich just got put on waivers

Unfortunately for JAD, there are too many similar players in the NHL like him. On the cusp but just can't break through.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back