WTS: Entitlement and Delusion

Doing the wave in hockey is already a big no-no. Doing it in the playoffs? Yeah these asshats deserve to lose.

I've been going to hockey games for 30 years and I can't once recall doing the wave. Its fine when there is some dead time in a baseball game, but hockey?

Thanks Rusty, I was toying with the idea of starting one. Glad you beat me to the punch :D I've been perusing HF boards and oh.. my god. Oilers fans. They hate the **** out of McDavid apparently, and the refs even more. It's awesome.

I'm going to be out of town and AFK, as they say, for game 2, 3, and 4. So enjoy yourself, just watch out for the meth, fentanyl, and heroin trifecta induced lunacy of Reddit.

"It's critical for the NHL to get the leagues best players out of the playoffs ASAP"

Yea, that's exactly what the NHL wants.....

a82c2eeaba21ae558fc8185de437a577.jpg

Evidently, "Gary" wants the Kings to win. Of course, "Gary" didn't help the Kings last year when they lost in 7. Also, it certainly wasn't "Gary" who gave the Oilers yet another shot at a #1 pick when they won the lottery for McJesus. What was that anyway, their 10 first overall pick in 11 years or something? I mean, if you give them enough shots they'll eventually get ONE right. But somehow "Gary" wants the Kings to win. Yeesh.

It's not the refs fault, it's not "Gary". If the Oilers did have they head up their a$$ the last 10 min. of the game they win easily. No, it's "Gary's" fault.

jom

I couldn't not laugh everytime i read a "rigged" or "gary" rant.

In what world does the NHL benefit from McDavid NOT winning the cup?

I couldn't not laugh everytime i read a "rigged" or "gary" rant.

In what world does the NHL benefit from McDavid NOT winning the cup?

It would be an odd choice for Gary to rig this series after rigging the draft in their favor so many times...

:lol:

Evidently, "Gary" wants the Kings to win. Of course, "Gary" didn't help the Kings last year when they lost in 7. Also, it certainly wasn't "Gary" who gave the Oilers yet another shot at a #1 pick when they won the lottery for McJesus. What was that anyway, their 10 first overall pick in 11 years or something? I mean, if you give them enough shots they'll eventually get ONE right. But somehow "Gary" wants the Kings to win. Yeesh.

It's not the refs fault, it's not "Gary". If the Oilers did have they head up their a$$ the last 10 min. of the game they win easily. No, it's "Gary's" fault.

jom

BUT.... I love that they have this mindset. It's zero respect for your opponent. I think it was Poulin on TSN, who said he left the Oilers dressing room after the game last night and they were shell-shocked. As long as they think they are getting cheated or surprised they're losing, they're not realizing how good the Kings are and they will lose.

I thought Vegas fans were bad but Oilers fans say hold my beer. Literally have to be the worst, blame the refs for everything. Clowns. Absolutely love seeing them impode.

"It's critical for the NHL to get the leagues best players out of the playoffs ASAP"

Yea, that's exactly what the NHL wants.....

a82c2eeaba21ae558fc8185de437a577.jpg

Exactly. LOiLers fans aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed.

I've been going to hockey games for 30 years and I can't once recall doing the wave. Its fine when there is some dead time in a baseball game, but hockey?

Used to happen quite a bit in the 80s and early 90s at Kings games if I remember correctly, probably more of a baseball thing though as it happened all the time at Dodgers games. I've seen it happen a few times at Kings games this season, always some yahoo up in the 300s near where I sit that tries to start it.

EDM wins in regulation if Bouchard didn’t goon it up and crosscheck Moore in the ****ing face with 2 minutes to go. EDM fans who look past that aren’t interested in what actually happens on the ice. Just Oil good everyone else bad. Grrrr throw beer and pom poms. Ref Gary Ref Gary.

EDM wins in regulation if Bouchard didn’t goon it up and crosscheck Moore in the ****ing face with 2 minutes to go. EDM fans who look past that aren’t interested in what actually happens on the ice. Just Oil good everyone else bad. Grrrr throw beer and pom poms. Ref Gary Ref Gary.

Edmonton was undisciplined throughout the game. Officiating-wise, if anything they were lucky the refs didn't add a roughing penalty or two when an Edmonton player first took a penalty and then decided to goon it up for no particular reason. We weren't getting away with anything that the refs failed to call. We were playing very disciplined hockey after the first period.

I just have to say, that after reading their boards, it makes me appreciate you all so much.

The conspiracy theories over there are insane...next thing you know they'll be saying Cesar Chavez used mind control on the ref's to switch penalties... ;)

I wasn't on the boards back in the cup years, but please tell me we weren't this obnoxious and immature.

Just as bad if not worse because they didn't even have McDavid but they had the same attitude.

Biggest whiners in the league... hoping for another WTS on Thursday
7imq33.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Edmonton was undisciplined throughout the game. Officiating-wise, if anything they were lucky the refs didn't add a roughing penalty or two when an Edmonton player first took a penalty and then decided to goon it up for no particular reason. We weren't getting away with anything that the refs failed to call. We were playing very disciplined hockey after the first period.

Nurse cross-checked Dewey across the chest and zero call...which is very surprising given the NHL said it was cracking down on cross checking this season.

Nurse cross-checked Dewey across the chest and zero call...which is very surprising given the NHL said it was cracking down on cross checking this season.

That was one of the cheapest moments in a game full of them. I suppose Nurse won’t bring back his patented head butt this round after being suspended last year, but the series is still young.

actually back then there were more people handy with the meme's and gifs so it was even more epic

And when a thread would get a little too out there someone would post "This thread is now about pancakes.", followed by a photo deluge. We were self-policing.

I have an old buddy on FB (how old? we worked at Blockbuster Video together). He waited until the 3-1 goal to say "Can't stop Draisaitl" By the time I looked it was already 3-2. Then after the game when I rubbed it in - "that wasn't a penalty. Lizotte went down easy" lol. Hope the team is as delusional as the fanbase because they think LA can't beat them without ref help etc.

So, the Oilers faithful think that was a dive? Lizotte and the rest of the Kings should be taking diving lessons from the Master, Mike Smith. His dive against the Kings last year was epic. Oscar-worthy. But the funniest thing is hearing the Oil Nation whine about the NHL is rigging the series because it hates them. Yeah sure, three straight overall #1 draft picks, and 4 years out of 6. I'm sure any other team would love to have the league "hate" them like that.
Oh yes, and the Oilers fans I saw openly wishing death on Trevor Hanson because they didn't like his calls. Really classy.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back