Your First Kings Game?

May 27th 1993, my oldest sister won the lotto for playoff tickets and got 4 singles all over the forum. Was a belated birthday present for me to go. I just remember it was loud as ****, we all had no idea that Gretzky coulda been thrown out for that high stick. Fraser sucks chants were interchangeable with Toronto sucks chants. Wildest part was we had a plan to meet up with my sister at a gas station on Prarie after, looking back i cant believe that worked. Everyone was so happy that night though, id only started watching and playing roller that fall so it was a pretty dream come true season. Hockey in June didnt count then.

Late in October, 1969 vs. Boston. I had just moved from Boston to San Diego and I was a Bruins fan. Kings lost. Bobby Orr was flying all over the ice. Made several end to end rushes. Went to several more the next season and then moved back east. Finally back in LA in 1989. For many years had season seats where I stared at the bald spot on the back of Al Michaels' head.

03/04/1993 vs Ottawa Senators at the GW Forum.

8-6 Kings Win!

Yeah, I had to look it up. I was pretty sure it was in '93 and was sure it was vs Ottawa and the Kings won, but I thought the final was 6-4. Oh welll...

Feb 24, 1973 Boston Bruins v Kings. Lost 7-5 But it hooked me in forever.

If I remember correctly, it was the first round of the playoffs against the Oilers. 4/13/85.

I was at that game!! It wasn't my first game (as noted earlier in the thread), but it was my first playoff game. Great game it was, with the Kings coming back from 3-1 down in the 3rd period to tie the mighty OIlers. Unfortunately, the Oilers won in the first minute of OT.

first hockey game was the old San Francisco Seals in 1965.

first Kings game was 1/10/91 against the Sabres. Kings won 5-2 with Gretzky getting 4 helpers. Sat in the last row at the Forum and I didn't care. Oh, it was a treat to watch Alexander Mogilny skate. Boy was he something to see

1974 - 11-1 win over Vancouver

Went to Playoffs vs Hawks that same year.

GAME 3: Tony Espisito stones the Crowns
GAME 4: Crowns explode vs back up goalie...

I don't remember the exact date but it was in 1990 against the Calgary Flames. One of my cousins & her BF were Kings fans & they invited me to the game. And I don't remember the score other than the Kings won. And I absolutely loved it.

Went to Playoffs vs Hawks that same year.

GAME 3: Tony Espisito stones the Crowns
GAME 4: Crowns explode vs back up goalie...

The back-up was a guy named Mike Visor. The Kings also played their back-up Gary Edwards. I remembered being disappointed Vachon didn't play. I presumed at the time that the back-ups were played to give the starters a rest due to Chicago being up 3-0. That doesn't happen today of course....maybe because the following year NYI came back from a 3-0 deficit against Pittsburgh. Never assume you've won a series until it's over....

jom

December 19, 1974 vs Washington Capitals. Kings win 4-1 at The Fabulous Forum. Just 10 years old and fell in love with this team. Been a die-hard fan ever since. Go Kings!

In the late 70's early eighties sometime. Cant remember. Was not too full, usually around 9K attendance. Really became a fanatic after the US won the Gold in Lake Placid.

1972 or 73, I was seven or eight and my peewee team was invited to play at the Forum in between periods. Don't remember any of it except Peter Frampton played a concert the night before and you could still smell the "atmoshere".

Preseason game vs the Oilers at the Forum. Had to be '94. Maaaybe '95. Jason Arnott played.

A friend got us $10 student tickets. I got Kevin Todd's autograph on a hat after the game.

69-70 season would have been my first game. My best friend Bill got me watching the Playoffs against the Golden Seals on TV and I was hooked. Because we went to so many games after that, we purchased SS for the 72-73 season in section 9. Did not miss a home game until Buss forced us out and we dropped our seats. That was 79-80.

I honestly don't remember exactly but would have been probably 84-85 when we could get $5 tix with our high school ID. The seats would be the last 2 rows of the forum but we'd rarely stay there...we'd generally find out way down to the lower level, often on the glass if the crowd was lite.

Kinda random - but one game whenever Ken Belanger was on the team (01-02?), we were sitting up in the 300s. He was injured at the time, and we realized he was sitting next to us, in the 300s, watching the game. He signed our jersey. That was right around the 1st to 3rd game I went to I think. Was the first player I'd ever met.

On TV? Channel 9, I think around 1975? My Dad was a fan, I was not so much at the time, but the game grew on me. First in person game was in early 1985 vs the North Stars.

Back