***Buffalo Sabres vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 1/24/24 7:30pm on BSW***

Folks!!! The Kings are still in the playoffs. Yeah, its sucks and it is tough. Trust me, a first round exit does exist.
Doughty said it best. If they win a game then lose a game for the rest of the season they'll make the playoffs but they won't do anything once they get there.

As a fan, all I can do is stop going to games. I've got tickets to Tool for two shows in three weeks. That's the last time I'll be at the Crypt until changes are made. Maybe if the fans start staying away, management will get the message. This cannot continue.

As a fan, all I can do is stop going to games. I've got tickets to Tool for two shows in three weeks. That's the last time I'll be at the Crypt until changes are made. Maybe if the fans start staying away, management will get the message. This cannot continue.
I'll be at both of those Tool shows. I splurged for VIP.

I'll be at both of those Tool shows. I splurged for VIP.
I got a great seat on the 14th through the presale. I'm up in the 300s on the15th.

I saw Tool with The Melvins at the Palladium in '98, with King Crimson at The Wiltern in 2001, and with Tomahawk at the Forum in 2002. They always put on a great show.

I got to hang with Paul D'Amour and Greg Edwards backstage at Spaceland after the Autolux show in 2004. Paul played with Edwards, Maynard and Chris Pittman in a cover band called The Replicants. If you haven't heard the Replicants you should check them out. The CD is hard to find but you can listen to some of the stuff on YouTube. I highly recommend it. Paul was a pretty cool guy.

The Oil have won 14 in a row shortly after sacking their coach.

New coach after the all star break is a must.

FREE ARTY
Yeah happens every time a coach is sacked during a season, really? Not saying it may be the right move let’s not set more over expectations

The repeating pattern of second period disasters points to a glaring inability to adapt to in-game momentum swings and strategic changes made by the opposing coach. McLellan is too rigid. His vision is telescopic. TM simply does not know how to win when under pressure.

And then there is the question of accountability. How do all the bonehead plays/choices escape some kind of discipline? TM sat Fiala once! Just once! Tonka contributes nothing, but he plays too. The Kings bottom 6 blows. Laffy needs to sit and watch a few games. Why can’t this coach…? Oh, never mind…
Sabers were short shifting constantly in the last two periods getting match ups they wanted while the Kings were at home. Whether that Todd or his assistants making those calls on the fly is a major issue. No adjustments other than changing line assignments?

On the second part his hands are tied because the roster is paper thin due to salary cap concerns.
They weren’t paper thin until January. Not like this has been a horrible team until they lost control in January

Late tonight here, but really interested in DD comments!!! Somebody in the room needs to take control call out people and lead this team, he’s a veteran that can do that

Late tonight here, but really interested in DD comments!!! Somebody in the room needs to take control call out people and lead this team, he’s a veteran that can do that
Sounds like that’s exactly what he’s been doing. But he also made the point that when you constantly speak out like he does guys will eventually tune you out.

We were too deflated to boo. They did get booed at the end of the 2nd, though.

On the positive side, I sat next to a very nice and pleasant gentleman from Buffalo and his son who had wonderful evening. Glad I was able to experience their joy.

I can beat that. I was too deflated to eat pickles. :mhihi: :dancingpickle: ;)

Who remembers when Andy Murray got fired? It was a game when the Kings honored Adam Deadmarsh in a pregame ceremony. The Kings hadn’t played well but really stunk it up that night. The fans booed them off the ice & Bob Miller blasted the team in the post game show. This game seems similar.

I’m not for or against TM getting fired. They’re going to do what they’re going to do. But I kind of think he’s being scapegoated & that the person to blame most besides the players is Blake. He’s the one who constructed this team. But if Todd isn’t fired he needs to make drastic changes. Change the line combos, change who gets more ice time & who doesn’t, & change who’s in the lineup, including bringing up guys from Ontario (Turcotte & Thomas). If it is on the players, hold them accountable in a meaningful way.

Also on a less depressing note, when they did the pregame Kopi ceremony & gave him a vacation stay at the hotel in Colorado, I was hoping it would be the same hotel that inspired Stephen King to write The Shining. But disappointingly no.

Who remembers when Andy Murray got fired? It was a game when the Kings honored Adam Deadmarsh in a pregame ceremony. The Kings hadn’t played well but really stunk it up that night. The fans booed them off the ice & Bob Miller blasted the team in the post game show. This game seems similar.

I’m not for or against TM getting fired. They’re going to do what they’re going to do. But I kind of think he’s being scapegoated & that the person to blame most besides the players is Blake. He’s the one who constructed this team. But if Todd isn’t fired he needs to make drastic changes. Change the line combos, change who gets more ice time & who doesn’t, & change who’s in the lineup, including bringing up guys from Ontario (Turcotte & Thomas). If it is on the players, hold them accountable in a meaningful way.

Also on a less depressing note, when they did the pregame Kopi ceremony & gave him a vacation stay at the hotel in Colorado, I was hoping it would be the same hotel that inspired Stephen King to write The Shining. But disappointingly no.
I was thinking the Super 8 that I believe is still housing beachball.

I woke up this morning to a message from the Los Angeles Kings offering me a discount on 2024-2025 season ticket packages.

LOL!

At this point they'd have to pay me to go down there to watch these clowns play hockey.

In the past I have got some pretty good deals on the ticket plans... but there's no deal sweet enough right now to get me to drive down there to watch this p*ss poor effort every night. I liken it to slow torture.

I don't mind missing games these lately. No need to sneak around work to catch the score--we all know a 2 goal lead is scoreboard poison!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom