***LA Kings @ Boston Bruins UNGODLY EARLY GDT >>9:30am<< 2/17/24 on ABC & ESPN+***

This win makes one wonder what the heck happened in Buffalo? How do you handle Boston but get embarrassed by Buffalo? Just weird
Not just handle Boston, but blank the Oil, get embarrassed in Buffalo and then come back from two goals down in Boston to tie it and kill the OT penalty to win it. Mystifying.

History repeats itself. Last year, the Kings were bombed in Buffalo, 6-0, and in the next game in Boston, came back from 2-0 down to win in OT. This year, the Kings were bombed in Buffalo, 7-0, and (after a win in NJ), came back from 2 goals down to win in Boston in OT. Is the Kings season about to turn around like last years?

Yeah, what is it with the Kings being so historically bad when they're playing in Buffalo? Is it the wings or something?
My buddy on a group chat that night wrote something like "We always suck in Buffalo. So we lost game 50 of the season. On to the next game". It is sadly accurate.

At least we will never have to worry about the Sabres making the Cup finals.

Okay, so I'll refrain from commenting the next game's GDT as my punishment for not watching today's game, as I take it as my sin for not getting up to watch it early this morning. Hope that's going to make you folks better, I guess.

History repeats itself. Last year, the Kings were bombed in Buffalo, 6-0, and in the next game in Boston, came back from 2-0 down to win in OT. This year, the Kings were bombed in Buffalo, 7-0, and (after a win in NJ), came back from 2 goals down to win in Boston in OT. Is the Kings season about to turn around like last years?

Arvidsson definitely showed some rust today 5 on 5 but still had a breakaway and made some good plays on the PP. He’s coming along nicely.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed that Clarke would get the game winning goal:

dannybuoy1
VCRW

Double congratulations to VCRW on getting a kings win as a wedding gift for the bride and groom in the family.

Well I don't know what you can say about that game other than it was clearly a work in progress against an extremely tough team and they were melding the new with the old. Great work by the kids, great goal by Kopi from Doughty. There's enough here they can ride another wave. Coming out of Pitt with +500 points on Jagr night, wouldn't that be something.

Arvidsson definitely showed some rust today 5 on 5 but still had a breakaway and made some good plays on the PP. He’s coming along nicely.
He seemed gassed on some of those shifts, however, that was expected.

I couldn’t watch the game but glad to read that they won and Clarke got his first goal.

Completely forgot about the early morning game, damn old age. Tuned in to LGK and, holy ship, you folks are talking OT. Cranked up the video just in time to see Danault with the sweet pass to Clarke, then Clarke putting Ullmark on his butt. Made my day!

some pure east coast BS 5 brutal non calls at least

I am not one to bitch about officiating, but I do agree with you on this game. There were a fair number of calls that were not made. And in general, when watching games the last couple of seasons, the amount of interference is really starting to rile me big time.

I am not one to bitch about officiating, but I do agree with you on this game. There were a fair number of calls that were not made. And in general, when watching games the last couple of seasons, the amount of interference is really starting to rile me big time.
Probably because the Kings success is no longer predicated on it nearly as much. Watching skill plays has been easier on the eyes for sure than "appreciating" how our team found a few more inches here and there.

IMG_8063.jpeg

I could think of absolutely NOTHING besides this when the Kings were down 3-1. I was watching delayed so I dared not risk peeking in here to drop that very same thing in a comment. Aside from that, we all know how it works out for us when we try and prognosticate.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom