***LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers GDT 3/28/24 6:00pm on BSW***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, another annoying game against the Oilers is over.

Meme Leaving GIF by MOODMAN

This is what playoffs will probably look like. The top two lines will likely cancel themselves out, and it will come down to team depth. My theory, anyway
If that happens the Kings win in 5. The problem is the first two lines won’t cancel each other out if they play like they did tonight.

Kings looked like they were playing for a tie from the opening faceoff.

The Oilers win because their top 2 lines consistently beat the Kings top 2 lines including on the PP. It’s been the same story for the last 3 seasons.
Their top two match or beat all four of the Kings lines even, and especially on PP. Their bottom two lines can hold their own against all four Kings lines. Our 2nd is spotty, our 3rd is a joke, and the 4th while having amazing heart is small.

If that happens the Kings win in 5. The problem is the first two lines won’t cancel each other out if they play like they did tonight.

Kings looked like they were playing for a tie from the opening faceoff.
My only consolation is trying to convince myself that they’re playing for the last wildcard spot so they don’t have to face the Oilers in the 1st round, thus saving Blake’s job

Had to listen to the Edmonton feed and their commentators may be the worst I’ve heard for a VERY long time. We’re talking Brian Hayward bad!!

The McDavid butt kissing was embarrasing. Everything he did was simply amazing! Not only his speed, goals and points, but obviously he’s the best hitter ever also!! To have to listen to gems like this was sickening:

”He hits like a heat seeking missile”, ”He’s like The Flash, you don’t see him coming” or ”Big hit by McDavid, he thundered into Byfield”

They made it sound like it’s a miracle that he wakes up in the morning and put in his own clothes! And that no man ever have done something fantastic like that before…

On top on that they showed a complete lack of class when they were mocking us saying things like ”LA calls it a rivalry, but to have a rivalry you need to win once in a while…”

What a pair of douchebags!!

Last edited:
On another note, this game is yet another example of how Blake failed to give us what we needed at the trade deadline.

Can it be more obvious how much we need a hitter (like Pat Maroon, Liam O’Brien or similar) on the fourth line than this game? Someone who just runs over the Edmonton players! To not pay a 3rd or 4th round draft pick to get a player like this, that’s terrible GM work by Blake according to me…

Last edited:
Kings got pushed around all night. Sad. Birdman can tell you what this team is missing, but on nights like these, it’s fairly obvious. No sign at all of a physical push back when it was basically a lost cause on the scoreboard. If there’s any playoff bound team they direly need to set a nasty, physically precedent with, it is the Oilers.

Another jarring realization.. there are actually players in this league who have tallied 120 points, with remaining games to spare. The mind reels trying to fathom what that must be like, having players who score on demand in such fashion.

If someone bet me a triple decker Pastrami, Turkey & Swiss from Brent’s on which team won the total faceoff battle tonight I’d be coughing up $25 because the Kings won the faceoff battle 31:23. Shocking.

Skinner was excellent tonight and if that’s the real Brian Skinner then, sorry to say, the Oilers are winning the Cup.

And I thought we were doing so well before this. That totally sucked. I was hoping this would be a statement game for the Kings. But if it was then unfortunately the Kings will be in trouble if they face the Oilers. The Kings offered nothing in this game. The only bright spot was Kaliyev getting that goal. Good for him. And we also have our 5-1/2 foot tall goon Blake Lizotte. Which is good for him but bad for the rest of the team not giving as much. This was a huge opportunity blown.

If someone bet me a triple decker Pastrami, Turkey & Swiss from Brent’s on which team won the total faceoff battle tonight I’d be coughing up $25 because the Kings won the faceoff battle 31:23. Shocking.

Skinner was excellent tonight and if that’s the real Brian Skinner then, sorry to say, the Oilers are winning the Cup.
I think both Colorado and Dallas are better. If they get healthy, Vegas might be too.

A third straight round 1 playoff exit at the hands of the Oilers should result in the immediate dismissal of Blake. He made zero moves at the trade deadline...his one job was to ensure this team could advance in the playoffs, and he flat out failed. Inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom