2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Talks intensifying between EDM and NSH for Ekholm per Friedman.

Just don’t land Gavrikov Kings. Don’t be that team.

Friedman now saying its a done deal. Interesting to see the return.

I agree on saying no to Gavrikov.

One less team for Chycrun I suppose. and try as they might, I'd be shocked if the Leafs can put together a better package than us.

Cap was going to big for the Kings. On one hand glad EDM is out on Chychrun. On other hand this trade definitely makes EDM better. Conflicted.

Cap was going to big for the Kings. On one hand glad EDM is out on Chychrun. On other hand this trade definitely makes EDM better. Conflicted.

Not knowing the return for Ekholm as I write this, but whatever it was, it was a move Edmonton had to make.

Here's the Ekholm trade per Friedman:

It's Ekholm and a sixth to EDM
To NASH it's Tyson Barrie, Reid Schaefer, a first this year and a fourth.

Better, but adding a 32 year old D man isn't gonna get them much further than last year

That Edmonton trade is a strange one. Barrie is their PP QB? Give up offense for a better D?

The good thing about Edmonton trading for Ekholm is that they’re no longer in on Chychrun. The same with all the deals Toronto made. Hopefully we can get it done.

Here's the Ekholm trade per Friedman:

It's Ekholm and a sixth to EDM
To NASH it's Tyson Barrie, Reid Schaefer, a first this year and a fourth.

Wow. Giving up a significant roster player in Barrie. Interesting trade for NSH - don’t know what they want with him if they’re sellers. Unless they flip him also.

Doesn't Blake have an unfortunate name for trade deadline week? I mean, all the GM's want to rob Blake.

Has Pagnotta ever been right about anything?

I think once, and it probably was more to luck than actually being in the know. Like TSN through him a bone.

I have never considered those guys any kind of credible.

Well it looks like Blake is going to stay the coarse instead of making a trade or trades.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back