Groceries All things:CONDIMENTS

jerseydevil

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes
Tried to find a thread like this. Nothing to be found. Hope y'all don't mind.

Newest entries...

Way hotter/browner than the standard and even moreso than the TJ's version. BUT...it still has enough flavor to fight through. REALLY STRONG

Good topper. Hot and tasty. Kindof a nice Wasabi tinted creamy horseradish squeezer.

Kikkoman scores BIG.

If I had to choose just one, it'd probably be:
1105.jpg

Tried to find a thread like this. Nothing to be found. Hope y'all don't mind.

Newest entries...

Way hotter/browner than the standard and even moreso than the TJ's version. BUT...it still has enough flavor to fight through. REALLY STRONG

Good topper. Hot and tasty. Kindof a nice Wasabi tinted creamy horseradish squeezer.

Kikkoman scores BIG.
Who the hell let you out of the ghetto??

I'll have to try those out, although I'm not a huge fan of Sriracha, I'm more of a Tapatio dude. Definitely a fan of Wasabi. Cholula is good, too, but I like Tapatio better. I also like creamy horseradish sauce for sandwiches. Also a big fan of sweet, hot beaver.

0007182800209_500X500.jpg

Listen up kids; ****'s about to get real up in here.

For use on fries, tater tots, a fantastic homemade thousand island dressing, burgers, eggs, corned beef hash, ice cream, whatever! OK, I was kidding about the ice cream. But this stuff is da bomb. It's usually in the food section of TJ Maxx, Ross stores, Marshalls, etc.

Melinda_s_Habanero_Ketchup.jpg

I pick up some of the Pepper Plant sauces every chance I get. Great on omelets, burgers,
and just about anything you can think of. Even the BBQ sauce has a little jalepeno to kick it up a notch.

880.size-550-file-880-jpg.jpg

https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/is-tabasco-s-new-sriracha-any-good-200541296.html

We snagged a bottle of the saucy new contender to see if Huy Fong has anything to be worried about.
At first glance, Tabasco?s version is much smoother and more viscous than Huy Fong?s. Tiny flecks of pulverized chili peppers are visible in Huy Fong?s vibrantly red sauce, whereas Tabasco?s sriracha is a homogeneous, rust-colored red pur?e that could easily be confused for barbecue sauce.
But taste is where it counts, and taste-wise, Huy Fong?s sriracha blows Tabasco?s out of the water. The Huy Fong sauce has a more balanced flavor?sweet with a slight acidic tang, with a spiciness that intensifies on the finish. Tabasco?s version is much heavier on the vinegar (not surprising for Tabasco), and its heat is all up front.
The nail in the coffin: Tabasco?s stuff is twice as expensive as Huy Fong?s, at $4.99 for a 15-ounce bottle.
That said, Tabasco?s sriracha would work in a pinch. Because any hot sauce is better than no hot sauce.

Soon as I find some I'll let you guys know...but it sounds a lot more like Tabasco than it does sricha. Still, that might not be so bad.

The thing about Sriracha is that there are many different kinds. Some are terrible (like the kind Subway uses) and others are divine.

One thing though- the first time you have Sriracha it's only okay. You need to do it over and over and get addicted and only then will you know what it's like to enjoy Sriracha.

The thing about Sriracha is that there are many different kinds. Some are terrible (like the kind Subway uses) and others are divine.

One thing though- the first time you have Sriracha it's only okay. You need to do it over and over and get addicted and only then will you know what it's like to enjoy Sriracha.

OOOOOh gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on the Subway Creamy Sricha...that stuff has a nice flavor and a helthy kick for what you might expect from a national sammy chain. Rest of your opinion I agree with 100%.

This is ESSENTIAL. Better than the original and even the TJ's brand. Cheaper too. This is the BEST example of balancing flavor and heat. In addition to the chili, which they turn up delicately, they pump it full of sharp tomato taste. Seriously...this is 4 star **** here.

0001300000589_A

HAve started to use this relish on dogs and burgers. Good Stuff Maynerd.

I love good hot sauces....

Some easy to find sauces I enjoy....

Cajun Power Sauce-they serve at Kings Fish House....not hot at all but great flavor.

Chipotle Tabasco....nice flavor with a little kick.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom