LA Kings All Things PLD

The answer is $$$. The Kings had to trade away salary. They had too many fwds and not enough cap space. The offseason still hinges on who we have in Goal next year.

When there is a huge consensus against something, there always seems to be something more to it...

I think PLD has a different level to hit, is entering his prime, and Blake is taking a huge but reasonable bet that he can reach that next level.

AI's contract had to be moved at some point. Kupari was given A LOT of opportunity but never showed any flashes of being able to finish. He'll stick in the NHL but I don't think he'll ever be a 2nd liner.

Gabe is an awesome hockey player but an incredibly small sample size and injury concerns will dog him his entire career.

This reminds me a bit of all the negativity surrounding the Danault signing. PLD has ELITE skill. Can he flourish on a better team in a much more positive environment? That is the question.

Unfortunately horrendous drafting has put Blake in this position, but I think it's a risk he's had to take. His trades and signings have been (mostly) incredible successes. His drafting has been horrible. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt here.

This is ridiculous. No D or goalie and we sign a forward that's... marginally better than Vilardi I'd say - and Vilardi has room to grow.. him and Fiala were I think gonna be a real threat.. Iafallo is whatever. No probs Kupari. But this? is weird with what our actual needs are. If Vilardi stays healthy this is dumb. If he is injury plagued then I guess.. wow 8x8.5 is a lot. They goin harder on the run n gun game I guess because hey it works great in the regular season.

What was Vilardi next contract going to look like? The hope is PLD still has room to grow. He was a PPG player through the first 40 games until an injury.

Interesting that all the key pieces were leaked well before the actual trade.

It’s a heavy price to pay for Dubois but if management thinks he has another level of production to his game then I get it.

I think another trade is coming. Im thinking Arvidsson is gone to make cap room for a starting goalie.
4.5M in cap space with 16 players signed. Arvi’s as good as gone.

Just dumbfounded. AI I easily wanted gone. I can see trading the others. But only getting PLD in return is an absolute joke. Considering we need a defenseman and a goalie not named Korpisalo.

The only silver lining is Arvi and Kopi's contracts off the hook in 2024.

This is ridiculous. No D or goalie and we sign a forward that's... marginally better than Vilardi I'd say - and Vilardi has room to grow.. him and Fiala were I think gonna be a real threat.. Iafallo is whatever. No probs Kupari. But this? is weird with what our actual needs are. If Vilardi stays healthy this is dumb. If he is injury plagued then I guess.. wow 8x8.5 is a lot. They goin harder on the run n gun game I guess because hey it works great in the regular season.
Nobody working in the NHL believes Dubois is marginally better than Vilardi.

Dubois is a #1 C. He’s 25 years old. He’s big. He’s supremely skilled. And he wants to be in LA. We need to accept the possibility that Kopitar might be ready to hang up his skates once his contract is done.

This move takes the pressure off him to play 20 minutes a night and gives the lineup more depth down the middle and more options on special teams.

You don’t beat the Oilers by adding another 3rd pairing defenseman. You beat them by adding another Center who has the skills to stay on the ice and play against their best. That’s what Rob Blake did with this trade.

I am ok with the deal. You have to give to get. We traded quantity for quality. PLD is the best player by far and was a number 1 center. He may be the best player in the Kings. At least the best center. If they trade for a top goalie then this off season is a success. I am no Blake fan but this trade takes some courage and I like it. Is there a risk? Sure. But no risk it, no biscuit.

i think for those that are saying this is over payment: are Iafallo and Kupari really that big of losses? They had to push some salary out. we are not going to miss Kupari and Iafallo isnt really going to be missed either. That is not to take anything away from him as a player but so much of the year he is non existent. Vilardi hurts (i own 2 of his jerseys ugh) but he also does not have a proven track record of staying healthy and you have to give to get.

woot woot

Attachments

• 8EF086D8-DA9A-494B-A443-422C48C5661E.jpeg
    8EF086D8-DA9A-494B-A443-422C48C5661E.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 34
oh la la!

So Luc has lost his mind for LUUUUUUUCCCCC-Dubois, eh? Is it weird that I could almost construct a post on how this trade is Robitaille's narcissistic stamp on this team? And I'm here for it.

Just dumbfounded. AI I easily wanted gone. I can see trading the others. But only getting PLD in return is an absolute joke. Considering we need a defenseman and a goalie not named Korpisalo.

The only silver lining is Arvi and Kopi's contracts off the hook in 2024.

The Kings pipeline is filled with defensemen ready to play in the NHL. Signing Gavrikov is considered an addition for next season as he was expected to walk this summer.

Goaltending is a gaping hole. It will be filled by the time camp rolls around.

Reactions: FBJ
Interesting that all the key pieces were leaked well before the actual trade.

It’s a heavy price to pay for Dubois but if management thinks he has another level of production to his game then I get it.

I think another trade is coming. Im thinking Arvidsson is gone to make cap room for a starting goalie.
Who needs right handed forwards on the roster?

Back