LA Kings All Things PLD

At first blush this seems like an INCREDIBLE amount to give up. Ok, AI cost nothing to obtain (FA signing) and is 29, so he's probably at his peak. Known quantity. Kupari and especially Vilardi (who seems about to break out) hurts, but I guess you have to give to get. But, did they really have to thrown in a 2nd as well (which the Kings just got for Durzi)? Yes, salary had to be moved and roster spots opened, and this does that, but it still seems like a LOT to give up.

Great job McMaster, I mean Blake. /s

Nothing says push all the chips in with Vilardi, Iafallo, 2nd, and Kupari like a guy who is a zero time all-star and never scored a PPG in a NHL season. And then turn around and pay him 1C money at 8x8.5. What could possibly go wrong?
He'll fit right in on our PP then!

So sad to see Vilardi go - remember when we all wanted him gone?? And now we're all sad.

du boooiiiiisssss

mr-miyagi-karate-kid.gif

Blake’s continually hit the ball out of the park the since the off-season 2 Years back. Y’all need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We need to get BIGGER and get players who play on the edge. This trade does exactly that.

As much as you want players with skill and sizzle, we had too much of that, we’ve still got it, now we can actually play hard down the middle.

You all gonna freak when we sign Lucic cheap to play on the 4th line?

Blake’s continually hit the ball out of the park the since the off-season 2 Years back. Y’all need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We need to get BIGGER and get players who play on the edge. This trade does exactly that.

As much as you want players with skill and sizzle, we had too much of that, we’ve still got it, now we can actually play hard down the middle.

You all gonna freak when we sign Lucic cheap to play on the 4th line?
no thanks on Lucic................

It feels like overpayment with 3 roster players and a pick. (Yeah, I consider Kupari more a regular NHLer now.) This moves Danault down. I wonder how he'll feel about that.
But I do like our 3 centers now compared to the last few years.

Just guessing:
Kempe - Kopitar - Byfield
Fiala - DuBois - Arvidsson
Moore - Danault - Kaliyev?

(Yeah, that's right. I put Arvy still on line 2)

So the stupid, vague plan is now being revealed. Apparently, the priority was wingers (Moore, Arvidsson, Fiala) ... then centers (Danault, Dubois)... then I guess defense (Gavrikov is the sole upgrade there). All this time, Blake's been thinking, "Do the opposite of Dean!" Then thinks to himself: "Oh wait, who's my goalie?"

Rob Blake ---->BOOOOO!!!

I like Vilardi a lot. I think he is poised to have a breakout season. DuBois has been a cancer everywhere he has played.

GO KINGS!!

Reactions: RoS
Was PLD a regular part of the penalty kill for Winnipeg? If so, how was he at it?

Blake is following the Vegas model.....Go Big or go home!! As much as I like Iafallo, he's a dime a dozen player. Kupari is not much of anything and Vilardi, will be an oft injured player throughout his career. Wish them all the best but Blake making all the right moves......Danault, Fialla, Gavrilov and PLD and most of you whine about each and every move. I guess you enjoyed watching them play from 2016 through 2021. Most of the Kids big time prospects have turned out to be nothing more than a pile of ...........

I am fine with this. Onwards and upwards. This has future-state written all over it with Kopi's contract coming up in a year, and now our center depth, dare I say, is the BEST in the conference. Who knows how GV's career will play out... Arty now gets real time to shine, and Chromiak will get more time up too, with JAD filling AI's role.

There's just one thing, we NEED a goalie...

Back
Top Bottom