ALL THINGS: We Hardly Knew Ye?

Wallach has a special place in my cinema memories. May he rest in peace.

He was so good in Good, Bad and Ugly! Rest in Peace after a great long life!

Legendary character actor - and former Mr. Freeze - Eli Wallach dies at 98 | Blastr

For sci-fi fans of a certain age, however, Wallach will always be most remembered for his turn as Doctor Schivel, aka Mr. Freeze, in the Adam West-starring camp classic TV series Batman. Wallach was the third man to take up Freeze's icy mantle after George Sanders and Otto Preminger, but his work certainly made an impression -- the actor famously remarked that he got more fan mail for his two-episode ("Ice Spy"/"The Duo Defy") appearance in the show than for anything else he'd ever done.

And Eli Wallach's laugh was sampled in this Ministry song.

RIP

The Good the Bad and the Ugly was a legendary performance.

I knew the name, face and movies but he wasn't really on my radar until I saw him in a chick flick (The Holiday). I really liked his story line. A screen writer from the golden era of movies (1930s/40s) talking about those days. I had to look him up because usually people are younger playing older characters. I was surprised to see that he was actually old enough to work during that era. I thought that was cool.

A conversation from the movie.

Eli: Did you know that Cary Grant was from Surrey (England)?
Her: Why yes I did. How did you know that?
Eli: He told me.

The look on her face was priceless.

RIP Eli.

Actor and poker player Chad Brown also passed early this morning. I can't share a link, because the news is mostly passing though poker news sites, which are blocked at my work. I'd appreciate it if someone could share that news in a link.

Actor and poker player Chad Brown also passed early this morning. I can't share a link, because the news is mostly passing though poker news sites, which are blocked at my work. I'd appreciate it if someone could share that news in a link.

Pretty crazy since he was still playing and doing well in tournaments earlier this year. There were a lot of really nice tweets from poker players about it last night that I went through while I reading updates from the WSOP.

Back
Top Bottom