ALL THINGS: We Hardly Knew Ye?

Wallach has a special place in my cinema memories. May he rest in peace.

He was so good in Good, Bad and Ugly! Rest in Peace after a great long life!

Legendary character actor - and former Mr. Freeze - Eli Wallach dies at 98 | Blastr

For sci-fi fans of a certain age, however, Wallach will always be most remembered for his turn as Doctor Schivel, aka Mr. Freeze, in the Adam West-starring camp classic TV series Batman. Wallach was the third man to take up Freeze's icy mantle after George Sanders and Otto Preminger, but his work certainly made an impression -- the actor famously remarked that he got more fan mail for his two-episode ("Ice Spy"/"The Duo Defy") appearance in the show than for anything else he'd ever done.

I knew the name, face and movies but he wasn't really on my radar until I saw him in a chick flick (The Holiday). I really liked his story line. A screen writer from the golden era of movies (1930s/40s) talking about those days. I had to look him up because usually people are younger playing older characters. I was surprised to see that he was actually old enough to work during that era. I thought that was cool.

A conversation from the movie.

Eli: Did you know that Cary Grant was from Surrey (England)?
Her: Why yes I did. How did you know that?
Eli: He told me.

The look on her face was priceless.

RIP Eli.

Actor and poker player Chad Brown also passed early this morning. I can't share a link, because the news is mostly passing though poker news sites, which are blocked at my work. I'd appreciate it if someone could share that news in a link.

Actor and poker player Chad Brown also passed early this morning. I can't share a link, because the news is mostly passing though poker news sites, which are blocked at my work. I'd appreciate it if someone could share that news in a link.

Pretty crazy since he was still playing and doing well in tournaments earlier this year. There were a lot of really nice tweets from poker players about it last night that I went through while I reading updates from the WSOP.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back