ALL THINGS: We Hardly Knew Ye?

James Shigeta, Star of ‘Flower Drum Song’ and ‘Die Hard’ Co-Star, Dies at 81 | Variety

Though largely a TV actor who guest-starred on dozens of shows, he appeared memorably in hit 1988 action film “Die Hard,” in which he played executive Joseph Takagi, who refuses to give up the security code to the skyscraper’s bank vault when a group of German terrorists seizes the building. He was shot in the head by the group’s leader, Hans Gruber, played by Alan Rickman.

In the big-budget WWII film “Midway” (1976), which told the story of the key battle from both American and Japanese points of view, Shigeta was featured prominently in the role of Vice Admiral Nagumo, whose despair at Japan’s loss in the battle is moving.

The actor had most recently appeared in the 2009 film “The People I’ve Slept With,” directed by Quentin Lee.

On TV, he appeared in staples including “Hawaii Five-O,” “Perry Mason,” “Mission: Impossible,” “Ironside,” “Kung Fu,” “Streets of San Francisco,” “The Love Boat” and “Beverly Hills, 90210.”

He also appeared in films such as Elvis Presley musical “Paradise, Hawaiian Style” and 1973’s “Lost Horizon.”

Documentary pioneer Robert Drew passes away ? Realscreen

Director Robert L. Drew, the v?rit? pioneer behind such landmark docs as Primary and Crisis, has passed away at the age of 90, at his home in Connecticut.

Among the other key titles in the Drew portfolio were 1963′s Crisis: Behind a Presidential Commitment, 1966′s Storm Signal, 1971′s The Sun Ship Game, 1974′s On the Road with Duke Ellington, and 1986′s For Auction: An American Hero.

Dick Wagner RIP

Alice Cooper Guitarist Dick Wagner Dies at 71

"One of rock?s most renowned guitarists, Dick Wagner, died this morning (July 30). He was 71. He is known for his work with Alice Cooper and Lou Reed."

This guy was HUGE in the 70's and 80's .

Played on a lot of records back in the day uncredited .

He was Bob Ezrin's first call back in the day among many other producers.

Alice Cooper Guitarist Dick Wagner Dies at 71

"One of rock’s most renowned guitarists, Dick Wagner, died this morning (July 30). He was 71. He is known for his work with Alice Cooper and Lou Reed."

This guy was HUGE in the 70's and 80's .

Played on a lot of records back in the day uncredited .

He was Bob Ezrin's first call back in the day among many other producers.

Aw man...he was sick for a long time but last I read he was turning a corner. Very sad. Rest in peace.

RIP Makeup Artist and Pioneer, Dick Smith (1922-2014) | FANGORIA?

Renowned Makeup FX Wizard Dick Smith has passed. His contribution to the genre and the world of Makeup FX, so integral to horror and cinema at large, is impossible to overstate… Smith’s filmography and influence extends farther than just THE EXORCIST. In 1965, Smith penned the essential DICK SMITH’S DO-IT-YOURSELF MONSTER MAKE-UP HANDBOOK and his entire career is an index of fantastic, otherworldly work including the likes of DARK SHADOWS, LITTLE BIG MAN, THE GODFATHER, TAXI DRIVER, BURNT OFFERINGS, ALTERED STATES, THE FURY, GHOST STORY and AMADEUS, for which he won an Oscar in 1984. Smith’s second Oscar came in 2011, when the technician of horror received an Academy Honorary Award for “for his unparalleled mastery of texture, shade, form and illusion.”

Jess Marlow, former local anchor, died yesterday.

He was 84.

Due to my board settings, I initially thought you really enjoyed the Turner Classic Movies channel.

ALL THINGS: We Hardly Knew Ye…

(Reuters) - Actor-comedian Robin Williams was found dead on Monday at his home in Northern California from an apparent suicide, Marin County Sheriff's Office said. He was 63.

RIP

BuyzAzIIEAALv5n.png

wow. Wow. Thats really so very sad. I tired of his schtick years ago...but jesus. I mean, such an icon. Wow. I just can't help thinking that 'tears of a clown' thing is just so true. Now that Louie episode he was in seems like that weird SNL Schiller reel with Belushi at the graves of everyone else. Rest well Mork from Ork. Geez. This is a gutpunch.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom