***Colorado Avalanche vs. LA Kings EARLY START GDT 12/3/23 5:00pm<<< on BSW***

I'm not a big believer in back-to-backs being difficult. Today's athletes are in such great shape that it probably doesn't stress them too much. But the way the Kings just took it to the Avs mercilessly and relentlessly in the 3rd tonight would indicate that playing a back-to-back can be tough. Or maybe this Kings team is just plain awesome.

Q and Kopi on More goal.
Shocked Ice Cube GIF

I'm not a big believer in back-to-backs being difficult. Today's athletes are in such great shape that it probably doesn't stress them too much. But the way the Kings just took it to the Avs mercilessly and relentlessly in the 3rd tonight would indicate that playing a back-to-back can be tough. Or maybe this Kings team is just plain awesome.
I think you're seriously underestimating how hard it is on the body to play in an NHL game, even for a world-class athlete.

Faced a tired Avs team in the 3rd, but we did what we needed to do and got the finish. We played dominant games past 2 games but finally got the goals to show for it.

Byfield is a monster now.

We really miss Lizotte. We need upgrades over JAD and Lewis.

Talbot is playing extremely well.

Moore is the best sniper in the league 😉

That was 3 in 4 (much tougher than just BtoB. Unfortunately for the Ave's was that the Kings (once the rust came off) had endless energy with their long recent layoffs.

I think you're seriously underestimating how hard it is on the body to play in an NHL game, even for a world-class athlete.
Perhaps. Last year the Kings were not affected much by back-to-backs. Our record was better in b2b than in all games. The Avs were strong on b2b last year too. The NHL as a whole did play worse with 0 days rest last year, though.

Avs announcers talked all night about Byfield and crediting the Kings for patience and letting him grow into the league and his body, like many here on GDT
Good observation. Anyone who knows hockey knew Byfield has all the tools. Now he’s a man instead of a boy. It shows. Very tough to play against.

He’s also super confident now —>

I am fast beginning to think of Kaliyev by the nickname "Inconsequential."
Once you start to count all the turnovers inside/at the Kings blueline,and the dumps to center from the D zone when not under pressure, which turn into turnovers...... "Inconsequential" no longer applies.

Game started out like it was going to be a repeat of the previous game, pucks off the pipe, bad bounces. 1st period snipe by Fiala is case in point, lasar beam shot off the right pipe, left pipe and the puck is in front of an open net. Fiala has his stick in the air celebrating a goal and Danault had raised his stick. The thing is THERE WAS NO HORN, NO RED LIGHT and Danault misses the opportunity. Anyway, Kings win because Speed Kills. Plus, looked like the AVS were out of gas chasing the Kings around in the 3rd period. Nice 2 points after last game debacle.

Law of averages finally broke through for us, especially after that lopsided result against the Caps last game. Felt like it was going to happen again tonight until the flood gates opened in the last 7 minutes of the game. Something had to give after the Kings were dominating the entire 3rd period, so it was a relief when those goals started going in. Critical timing for QB to find the back of the net, and Moore with that black magick sick nasty snipe.. whew.

Back
Top Bottom