***Colorado Avalanche vs. LA Kings EARLY START GDT 12/3/23 5:00pm<<< on BSW***

That happened last season to us when we had more games played than the rest of the league.
Was going to mention this also. I definitely recall the Kings being 3 to 5 games ahead of the rest of the league last season. I question if it’s better to have a front loaded schedule or backloaded schedule, given the rust vs rest concern once closer to playoff time. I’d think it would be better to be a few games ahead of everyone and capture some extra rest towards the end of the regular season, although we’re seeing firsthand how these strange layoffs in between games is affecting the Kings.

8Arthur Kaliyev22RW185611+71023

Yeah, he's terrible /s. NHL Network discussed him after the game tonight and how he scores a lot of points for a guy getting bottom 6 minutes.
How many games has he played on on the bottom six? What is the bottom 6 anyway? He also gets PP time that most "bottom six" do not get.

I feel like this is going to be a game we'll all look back on in a few months with fond remembrance.....they were able to flip the switch midgame and dominate.

I like being behind in Games Played....feel like it gives them incentive to try for the same # of points as teams with way more games played.

Not much to say that others haven't already said. Let's go get this roadie, boys!! That Rangers game on the 10th is gonna be tough.

Yes the Avs were without the top D-man in the game but this win was extremely important. Remember the Avs skated circles around the Kings in the opening game of this season winning 5-2.

Now, the Kings are fully locked in and once they shook the rust off they dominated the Avs. MacKinnon and Rantanen had zero room to operate last night and instead the Kings had them on their heels and forced them to defend. They made one of the best teams in the Conference look like a 1 line offense.

The Kings are really good.

I still can't believe that Moore goal. And QB's second goal with those assists by Kopi and Kempe. Those goals were beautiful.

Remember all those years of dreaming of balanced scoring? And now the Kings lead the league in goals per game. This is a special season, and I've been wearing my 2012 Cup hat for weeks now.

Law of averages finally broke through for us, especially after that lopsided result against the Caps last game. Felt like it was going to happen again tonight until the flood gates opened in the last 7 minutes of the game. Something had to give after the Kings were dominating the entire 3rd period, so it was a relief when those goals started going in. Critical timing for QB to find the back of the net, and Moore with that black magick sick nasty snipe.. whew.
Filthy, Sick I MUST SAY

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed there would be 6 total PIM's in this game:

SirJW
AngelEyes
empire
KernCoKingFan
waynet
forum gold
Rogie-Vachon
notbob
Jerram
Chateau Bow Wow
Bill Hicks
Kurisu
hornman
TooCool
hihocarp
Nyssa42

Games like this are so hard to process. Two top teams in their division and the league means you want to attach meaning to it. One team definitely needed time to find its legs after only one game in a week, the other is playing the back end of a 3 in 4 and just lost their #1 defenseman who is not only a Norris finalist but might even get a look at the Hart. Probably the smart thing is to just consider it 1 of 82 and look at what the things the Kings could do when they had their shots. That chemistry on the Q line is blossoming, Moore and Fiala have two of the highest individual skill plays on the night. The defense continues to look solid with the few questions there totally acceptable third pairing thoughts on size. Lets see how they do on the road with expectations even higher.

Last edited:
How many games has he played on on the bottom six? What is the bottom 6 anyway? He also gets PP time that most "bottom six" do not get.
I get it. You have an irrational dislike for Kaliyev in spite of the eye test and statistics indicating he is playing well in his role.

Kaliyev is 5-6-11 in 19 GP +7 and 13:57 ATOI.
Laf is 2-2-4 in 20 GP even and 13:01 ATOI.

I think when a forward is 15th on the team in ATOI, then he is getting bottom-6 minutes.

I get it. You have an irrational dislike for Kaliyev in spite of the eye test and statistics indicating he is playing well in his role.

Kaliyev is 5-6-11 in 19 GP +7 and 13:57 ATOI.
Laf is 2-2-4 in 20 GP even and 13:01 ATOI.

I think when a forward is 15th on the team in ATOI, then he is getting bottom-6 minutes.
I get it, you think mouth pieces on National TV who do not normally stay up to watch Kings games are in tune with Kaliyev's play on the ice in all zones. I don't. They look at stats and that is it. His offensive numbers are not the issue, though they are down compared to this time last year. No, rather it is his play in the defensive and neutral zone, his decisions with and without the puck. Watch the games. Track Kaliyev's play when he has the puck on his stick in the defensize zone, then tell me the results of your eye test. I mean Fox even called him out on his bad play the other day.

But he does have some points.

I would also say, that over the last few games Kaliyev has been averaging about 11-12 minutes a game. Earlier in the season when he was on a different line he was averaging closer to 15 minutes and of course has played a lot on PP2. So, looking at points and average TOI for a player that has been moved up and down the lineup like that is not really an accurate representation IMO.

Kaliyev is still looking for a spot on this team. He has been moved around quite a bit on the ice and has not solidified his presence. I am not sure if he is cold out there, due to his lips being redder than the Rolling Stones logo or is he just not comfortable out on the ice? He looks good in spurts. He will be the one to sit when guess who comes back, so if that is not motivation, I don't know what is.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom