Fire coach!

It's my expert opinion that the Kings will be sizzling after the all-star break, there is a plan in order to succeed. This team had to lose for it to come to fruition. Just sit back and relax and watch this team steamroll their competition in the last few months. I am more than excited to see this happen. Best regards,

Kings OT record is horrible, yet TM continues to start the 2 slowest Kings in the 3x3 OT track meet. He should be canned simply for this insanity.
Honestly, even if Kopi, Kempe, and Drew were historically the three greatest 3x3 players in the history of the sport, when you've lost nearly all of your OT games in a particular season, change for the sake of change is a good thing. Like if Steph Curry suddenly missed 30 straight free throws, shooting underhanded a few times would be a good idea.

It's my expert opinion that the Kings will be sizzling after the all-star break, there is a plan in order to succeed. This team had to lose for it to come to fruition. Just sit back and relax and watch this team steamroll their competition in the last few months. I am more than excited to see this happen. Best regards,
I agree that they will bounce back (and agree with others who have said PLD will go on a run during the 2nd half of the season) but if Blake does not fire McLellan then he himself needs to go.

It's time for a mid season change like what happened December 2011.

Love the enthusiasm, but what plan? How can the plan be to loose games, practically get out of a playoff spot. All while having close to a healthy roster? What happens if 2 weeks after the all star break they loose 2-3 key players to injury. They would already be in a hole and at that point start sliding out of the playoff picture.

If losing games and playing like crap is someone's plan, that is a horrible plan.

Dat you Todd? ;)

There's a part of me that doesn't want to see anyone lose their job, somewhat in this case as well. Players play, it's clear that something is going on outside of coaching that has caused this team to fall off a cliff. That being said, perhaps a coaching change will wake this team up...though I'm not all that confident given Dewey has said this is all on them as players, not on the coaches. If this is really just the wrong mix of players, a coaching change may not make a difference. If (ok, when) it does happen, we'll hopefully see the team get back on track like the Oils did.

Dont get me wrong here I was never a TM fan. However I see what I see as the same as we saw last summer. The LA Kings do not have elite Goal Tending in my opinion. Copley and Talbot worked okay for first part of the Season but everyone knows after New Year Defense and Goaltending picks up and the race is on for the Playoffs. If there is someone to blame here it would be Blake. TM should be replaced and things questioned cause whenever management talks they seem to preach Defense first which is great but you still need the best guy on your Defense meaning your Goalie to come with that 1 or 2 standing on his head saves. So the offense can continue to pressure for the win. If they had that maybe they would hold their sticks a little looser and play more comfortable. And I am not blaming our Goal tenders but at best at Talbots age he should be a backup and Copley and Ritich just are not Elite yet or maybe never will be

There's a part of me that doesn't want to see anyone lose their job, somewhat in this case as well. Players play, it's clear that something is going on outside of coaching that has caused this team to fall off a cliff. That being said, perhaps a coaching change will wake this team up...though I'm not all that confident given Dewey has said this is all on them as players, not on the coaches. If this is really just the wrong mix of players, a coaching change may not make a difference. If (ok, when) it does happen, we'll hopefully see the team get back on track like the Oils did.
Think of this type of coaching change as a goalie change. Many times the goalie is pulled when it was not his fault. It was the team playing like crap in front of him. Kind of a slap across the faces of the players and gets them to wake up.

At 8-9-1, the Kings have the worst home record in the entire league. In 18 games, Kings have scored 24 goals total in the first period. This last stat surprised; thought it would be even worse.

Think of this type of coaching change as a goalie change. Many times the goalie is pulled when it was not his fault. It was the team playing like crap in front of him. Kind of a slap across the faces of the players and gets them to wake up.
I was going to say exactly this. Also, I was never a TM fan since the day they hired him. He could never win when we had to get past those stacked Sharks teams and my strongest impression of him is still coming back against him 0-3. I never understood the hire.

Yep, I think he makes it to the all star break but we have a new coach once the boys come back.

I was going to say exactly this. Also, I was never a TM fan since the day they hired him. He could never win when we had to get past those stacked Sharks teams and my strongest impression of him is still coming back against him 0-3. I never understood the hire.

I have never been a McLellan fan either. But I understood the hire... because Blake made it hastily rather than open up a search to go through what was out there at the time. (I think Gallant was available) Hell, interview other people to get it right. Nope. Blake picked him as his guy and threw a giant contract and term at him like Blake likes to do. So I understand that from Blake's perspective. From mine? Never really cared for it.

To me, McLellan will always be, yes, the coach that got reverse swept by our team, but also the coach that couldn't win it all with all those dominant Sharks teams, as well as the coach that crapped the bed when he was gifted the "almighty" and all that skill in Edmonton. (granted... that's been a revolving door but still, he had his shot and produced nothing)

Kings OT record is horrible, yet TM continues to start the 2 slowest Kings in the 3x3 OT track meet. He should be canned simply for this insanity.
It makes no sense. And the results are as predictable as the sunrise. Yet he keeps doing it over and over and over...

...so I'm with you: Time for a change.

And I don't necessarily care who takes his place, but we desperately need a change. This cannot go on...

...and man, what a depressing beginning to my sports year:

My Rams are ousted in a heartbreaker.
The only two teams I did not want to see in the Super Bowl are in.
The Kings have become the joke of the NHL, and the punchline always ends with PLD.

It's gotten so bad, I actually look forward to changing my granddaughter's diapers. Dealing with all that poop takes my mind off of all this other poop. Yuck, what a stinky year.........

Sadly I don't think the Kings are going to make any major changes. They are up against the cap ceiling and have Arvidsson coming off LTIR mid Feb 🤞
TM is signed thru next year so, my guess is they give him the year to turn this around.
If he doesn't it will most certainly be another summer of major changes.
Now if LA falls WAAAAY out of playoff contention I could see Blake replacing TM.
I'm holding out hope they re-find their road warrior mentality and also start winning at home. But, that's the life of a sports fan watching from the bleachers/couch. :fan1:

Sadly I don't think the Kings are going to make any major changes. They are up against the cap ceiling and have Arvidsson coming off LTIR mid Feb 🤞
TM is signed thru next year so, my guess is they give him the year to turn this around.
If he doesn't it will most certainly be another summer of major changes.
Now if LA falls WAAAAY out of playoff contention I could see Blake replacing TM.
I'm holding out hope they re-find their road warrior mentality and also start winning at home. But, that's the life of a sports fan watching from the bleachers/couch. :fan1:
I agree. I also don't know if firing TMac fixes the underlying issues with the roster although, as everyone says, it is easier to fire the coach than fire the roster.

I'd wait and see what happens. If this is just horrible luck then we should revert to the mean. The Kings can reset at the all-star break and we'll see what happens in terms of making the playoffs and winning in the playoffs.

If things go poorly, I'd can Blake for the crazy PLD trade, capping us out (20 man roster to start season) when we hadn't won a single playoff series since 2014.

New GM can hire his or her own coach and buyout PLD before he turns 26 at a suprisingly low cap hit going forward: Pierre-Luc Dubois Buyout Results - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I agree. I also don't know if firing TMac fixes the underlying issues with the roster although, as everyone says, it is easier to fire the coach than fire the roster.

I'd wait and see what happens. If this is just horrible luck then we should revert to the mean. The Kings can reset at the all-star break and we'll see what happens in terms of making the playoffs and winning in the playoffs.

If things go poorly, I'd can Blake for the crazy PLD trade, capping us out (20 man roster to start season) when we hadn't won a single playoff series since 2014.

New GM can hire his or her own coach and buyout PLD before he turns 26 at a suprisingly low cap hit going forward: Pierre-Luc Dubois Buyout Results - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Was it a Blake trade, or did Luc / Bergevin push for that. Bergevin always wanted PLD in Montreal. Blake is the only one of PLD, Luc, Bergevin that is not French Canadian. Makes more sense that it was the latter two that pushed for this. Blake may have agreed as well.

The first 31 games of the season:
20-7-4 44 points tied for 3rd in the West
101.7% PDO 98.9% Opp PDO
112 GF 74 GA +38 (2nd in the league)
10.5 Sh% 8.7 Opp Sh%
1060 SF 823 SA +7.6 shot differential per game
91.47% Sv 90.12% Opp Sv
31.01 Scoring Chances For/60 23.93 SCA/60
12.33 High Danger Chances For/60 8.89 HDCA/60

Last 16 games:
2-8-6 9 points 14th in the West
96.1% PDO 104.2% Opp PDO
36 GF 56 GA -20
6.8 Sh% 10.8 Opp Sh%
533 SF
491 SA +2.6 shot differential per game
89.39% Sv 93.42% Opp Sv
28.02 SCF/60
27.09 SCA/60
11.28 HDCF/60 10.9 HDCA/60

Not only have the Kings been extremely unlucky over this losing streak their defense has loosened up considerably and goaltending has fallen back to Earth. But what's unquestionably killing this team over this month long stretch has been the offense just collapsing. 6.8 shooting percentage is 31st in the league. Look at their scoring chances and high danger chances rate. They aren't that far off from the first 31. Everyone except Kempe just stopped scoring. Adrian Kempe leads the team with 5 goals since 12/28. That's a 25 goal pace over a full season.

So the question is: which segment of the season is the more accurate representation of the team? The first 31 or the last 16?

Back