Foodies, Post Pics of Your Food!!!

had dinner at pizzeria mozza in newport beach about 2 months ago:

fennel sausage, panna, red onion, scallion with an egg on top:
photo_zpsf728b3ce.jpg

bacon, salame, fennel sausage, guanciale, tomato & mozzarella:
photo_zpsba19917d.jpg

caramel copetta, marshmallow sauce, salted spanish peanuts:
photo_zps71397b2a.jpg

i forgot what this was called, but i know it was a pineapple gelato over coconut pie, rum soaked raisins, cream and a macadamia nut brittle:
photo_zpsca7c124a.jpg

various cronuts, haha:
from the donuttery--
a half of a glazed + a half of a custard:
photo_zpsa412cf90.jpg

strawberry, glazed and custard (way too sweet):
photo_zps3fb7f4a3.jpg

pandor--
one custard, one cinnamon and a mille feuille:
photo_zps7f0ab539.jpg

from paris baguette--
custard:
photo_zps25db751e.jpg

nice, I want to check out Osteria Mozza but the friends I visit in LA are cheap.

nice, I want to check out Osteria Mozza but the friends I visit in LA are cheap.

i had dinner at osteria mozza about 4 years ago. pretty much 4 years to the date of my last pizzeria mozza visit (anniversary dinner both times, haha!). it was good, but the pasta's a little too al dente for my taste. i like it al dente but molto does his pasta about a minute or two less than standard so the pasta is borderline crunchy. dessert is the best thing at his places though.

lol crunchy pasta might be a bit too al dente.

I do like me some crispy noodle in my chow mein & the white sauce softens it up nicely.

lol crunchy pasta might be a bit too al dente.

I do like me some crispy noodle in my chow mein & the white sauce softens it up nicely.

it's not crunchy like it is out of the box, haha. maybe chewy is a better word. I'd say it's like if for instance you should boil spaghetti for 9-10 min to get it perfectly al dente but molto takes his out at 7-7.5 minutes...
I've heard him expressly say that he likes it cooked less so all his restaurants follow that dictum.

I like that crispy noodle chow mein dish also... but it's meant to be crispy! :)

I guess a lot depends on the sauce and the plate temp...the pasta should cook a little bit more while sitting. Maybe this way he can pump out a lot and have it sit on the counter until served lol.

I guess a lot depends on the sauce and the plate temp...the pasta should cook a little bit more while sitting. Maybe this way he can pump out a lot and have it sit on the counter until served lol.

that's a possibility but i feel like it's not that kind of restaurant. lol. pretty fancy and people kind of just take their time eating there. so i don't know about pumping lots of plates out, hahaha. i got linguine with clams, pancetta and fresno chiles so not much of a sauce. honestly, it was good anyway and i'd go again. i just haven't had the chance to go up to that part of LA in a while. it was great though. i was 8 months preggy, they sat me at the bar so i wouldn't have to stand up while waiting for my table and they gave me some water. then i ordered wine with my dinner without any probs. apparently, some places'll subject you to their own personal moral judgements. (for the record, i only had a glass of wine once every 2 weeks, kid turned out fine).

I'm not judging! :) If you're an alcoholic...sure there can be issues but a little wine or bubbly no biggie. Have some beer afterwards to promote milk production too.:)

There's a rumor that my mom used to drink when she was pregnant with me. She should consider herself lucky I wasn't born deformed..oh wait. mhihi:

Hmmm, now I want crispy noodle chow mein! :D

I'm not judging! :) If you're an alcoholic...sure there can be issues but a little wine or bubbly no biggie. Have some beer afterwards to promote milk production too.:)

haha. i didn't think you would but i've seen people post about it here on lgk before. then there was a time i distinctly remember where i was at a wedding and some older gentleman was chatting with us and as he went off to get a glass of champagne for the toast, he said "none for you!" and laughed. i went and had one anyway, but it's so funny how people think they can make the decision for you.
i actually talked to a doctor friend of mine and he said that most of those studies are based on women who drink a 1/5 of alcohol a day. like you say, alcoholics.

There's a rumor that my mom used to drink when she was pregnant with me. She should consider herself lucky I wasn't born deformed..oh wait. mhihi:

Hmmm, now I want crispy noodle chow mein! :D

my husband's mom drank and smoked while pregnant with my sister-in-law. that was normal in 1968 paris. judging by madmen... probably normal here in the 60s also. then she quit smoking because of my father-in-law's asthma so she only drank while pregnant with my husband. both kids are fine. brainiacs, too. my personal inclination would not be to smoke while pregnant, but like mentioned... as long as you're not regularly downing large amounts of alcohol and there aren't any issues with the pregnancy itself, i don't see a prob with wine once in a while.

now i want crispy noodle chow mein, too. damnit!

Haven't been to it but heard good things about the food and the beer choices. I tend to stay away from OB, too many college kids, bro's and hippies. lol

You must love Hodad's then... :grin:

You must love Hodad's then... :grin:

I may or may not go across the street to Blacks instead.
Hodad's is decent, they have a downtown location if I really want it but I rather go to Crazee burger in Northpark

I didn't get a pic, but did anyone try the new Ludo stand at Staples? The wait to get the actual food was super slow because of the cooking time and general mistakes a new place makes that doesn't anticipate a crowd. I ordered the chicken strips with special Ludo sauce for $11.50. All sides are extra. The sauce was nothing special. You got two chicken strips and I thought they were salty. I think I'll stick with the sushi.

I love me some fried chicken but whoa, two chicken strips for $11.50+?! Goes to show I haven't been to a game for awhile to feel the sticker shock of over-priced vendors. Say what you will but I still haven't found anything more consistently satisfying then some frozen Tyson's chicken strips. haha. I did eat the frozen Claim Jumper's strips for awhile but they got old pretty fast.

Na Pizza: Pizza al Taglio: Little Italy, San Diego
Breakfast Pizza, Spinach, Mushrooms, Bacon and Egg
1382237_10151890863143830_453725589_n.jpg

Pork Adobo Cooking
1385792_10151890863393830_1227113510_n.jpg

Pork Adobo Eating
1378654_10151890863408830_1713118680_n.jpg

Breakfast Pizza, eh? :think:

Usually, lol, breakfast pizza consists of bad cold pizza from the previous night's bender. mhihi:

Gourmet on 5th: Park West, San Diego
Croque Madame
1392802_10151929446258830_1992453710_n.jpg

Underbelly: Little Italy, San Diego, CA
Belly of the Beast Ramen w/Bacon wrapped mushrooms.
1395181_10151929445708830_1742167132_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom