***LA Kings @ Florida Panthers GDT 1/11/24 4:00pm on BSW***

Where was the Kempe scoring machine from last year in OT? Had several opportunities to seal the game and couldn’t put a shot on net.
Every shot he took in OT was tipped or blocked by the defense. Not like he wasn't trying. Bummer that Dubois hit iron... that was a strong play.

This team is as cold as it is here in Denver this weekend Sunday game time here 5 degrees wind chill -10. At least I can warm it up with a few whiskey’s
Big deal. You can't impress me.

I was in the Navy in North Chicago ...winter '79... blizzard... it was 40° below zero Chill Factor. I grew up in Hollywood. I had never touched snow before.

Three minutes after I walked out of the barracks my mustache broke off in my hand when I went to scratch my nose.

Big deal. You can't impress me.

I was in the Navy in North Chicago ...winter '79... blizzard... it was 40° below zero Chill Factor. I grew up in Hollywood. I had never touched snow before.

Three minutes after I walked out of the barracks my mustache broke off in my hand when I went to scratch my nose.
I was in the same spot in the winter of '67 (my dad was at Great Lakes) and played baseball in the snow in late May early June.

I had to miss this game. Just looked up the box score.
WHAT THE FORK!?!?
AGAIN?????
Another blown lead
Ugggggghhhh!!!!!

Every shot he took in OT was tipped or blocked by the defense. Not like he wasn't trying. Bummer that Dubois hit iron... that was a strong play.
No suggestion about his effort, more a comment on the the lack of puck luck finish from last year. We started to count on him make the game saving play. PLD iron was painful for multiple reasons

No suggestion about his effort, more a comment on the the lack of puck luck finish from last year. We started to count on him make the game saving play. PLD iron was painful for multiple reasons
Other teams have been keying on Juice all season. They know what you know. That's why his assists are up. Someone is open when he gets double teamed.

Great game by the Kings. Not one of us, thought they had a chance to beat a Stanley Cup Contender. So getting a point is outstanding. The Panthers are relentless. They are on the puck at all times. They have the players and style of play that you need to compete for a cup. The Kings need a couple Sam Bennett's on their team. Balls out at all times.

Great game by the Kings. Not one of us, thought they had a chance to beat a Stanley Cup Contender. So getting a point is outstanding. The Panthers are relentless. They are on the puck at all times. They have the players and style of play that you need to compete for a cup. The Kings need a couple Sam Bennett's on their team. Balls out at all times.

My wife asked why the Panthers keep banging up the Kings players around our net and theirs. I said it's because they're a playoff team.

I believe there's hope as these are all 1 goal games but.. where such hope lies I do not know. Fire someone.

Tongue Out GIF by MOODMAN

We got points in back to back games so that is good. And 6 of the 7 losses have been by a single goal so the Kings aren't that far off.

Oilers fans are starting to talk home ice advantage for the playoffs. Never dreamed that would be the case last November. Certainly not in January. Way to go boys!!!

I would rather suck right now at this point in the season rather than at the end of the season. Plenty of time to get their s#$t together and be the team we saw at the beginning of the season at the end on the season going into the playoffs. Look at Vegas having the same issues right now

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 33 sog Kings and or +/-2 of 41 sog for the Panthers as of 8pm central time. If the NHL updates shot totals in the morning too bad:

Kings 33 sog (3 points):
Rog Or Reg?
JayWells24
KernCoKingFan
forum gold

Kings 32,34 sog (2 points):
Drum4Pigs
mugs
hornman
Nyssa42
madness20721
beady eye
Jerram
notbob
katydid213

Kings 31,35 sog (1 point):
Chateau Bow Wow
Guinevere
TooCool
VCRW
pray4mojo
waynet
puckoff

Panthers 39,42 sog (1 Point):
rinkrat

Well at least they didn't also blow a 2 goal lead? They're playing winning hockey until they aren't. Its painful on the results side and this is most definitely slump territory. No idea what the slumpbuster will be but we're all hoping someone trips it soon. MLK weekend awaits and us folk in the midwest are about to take our kids off to various hockey tournaments through an inevitable blizzard so don't trust me for advice since I'm basically this guy:
1705032538254.png

Back
Top Bottom