***LA Kings @ Florida Panthers GDT 1/11/24 4:00pm on BSW***

you could tell they were lookin for that backhand top shelf shot a few times in the OT. can't believe they pulled it off with 7/10th of a second left.

The Kings basically tied the Panthers. With that being said, does anyone here believe in a 7 game series that the Kings could hang with a relentless and physical team like the Panthers. I certainly do not. The Kings are not physical enough to withstand a pounding like Florida would give them in 7 games.

They still need players with some physicality and mental toughness. Maybe they address that over the spring/summer?

I would rather suck right now at this point in the season rather than at the end of the season. Plenty of time to get their s#$t together and be the team we saw at the beginning of the season at the end on the season going into the playoffs. Look at Vegas having the same issues right now
But isn't Vegas missing a few not one key component to their team. Once they are healthy they will be consistent again.

Great game by the Kings. Not one of us, thought they had a chance to beat a Stanley Cup Contender. So getting a point is outstanding. The Panthers are relentless. They are on the puck at all times. They have the players and style of play that you need to compete for a cup. The Kings need a couple Sam Bennett's on their team. Balls out at all times.
That Bennett goal was pure NHL Gold.

Draw the penalty
Take the puck up ice through the neutral zone into an attack position through three 'defenders'
Receive your perfectly executed pass to score on a world class goalie

That might be the most impressive goal I've seen this year scored against our flailing team

Are they trying to lose on purpose? It seems like this whole losing streak is a combination of bad luck & stupid mistakes.

It was absolutely a dive. Montour’s a POS. Kempe knew it.
To be fair, I was lightly crossed checked in the back once and it caused me to do this weird thing where I actually dove forward against my will. I wanted to call myself for diving. But honestly, I wasn’t diving. Just being pushed from that angle actually made me sort of crouch down and leap forward because it threw me off balance. It could have been a dive but it could also have been a similar situation. He clearly crossed checked him, regardless. Just pointless move by Kempe.

Broken record alert: once again TM starts the 2 slowest guys on the team in the 3x3 track meet and, shockingly, once again they lose. Perhaps after 3-4 of these OT losses with the same sluggish starting lineup it might be time for a change?

I think it’s time we stop complaining about the Kings mostly succeeding against bad teams. It’s fun to watch wins. I may throw a party for the next Sharks game.
There’s nothing wrong with being the big fish in a small pond. Bring on those bad teams so I can enjoy watching Kings hockey again!

TMac inexplicably resorts to a conservative prevent-defense coaching mode after the Kings get the lead and doubles down on it when he actually shouldn't, hence the other team coming back and make him and his team pay for not daring to increase their own lead. This isn't the NFL, TMac, and you need to get your head out of your damn rear end and coach like you want to run up the score even if it's poor form. As Herm Edwards (a former but actual NFL coach) once said, "You play to win the game!"

And yeah, TMac, you also need to put in the right players in the PP and OT and not rely on the same guys who aren't able to score goals often and get pass-happy and/or are steps-too-slow to move it in the attacking zone more than half the time. Doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results hardly is going to work unless you really have either a bonafide power forward or fast, talented, and goal-scoring-able players in one package to prove it.

Last edited:
Broken record alert: once again TM starts the 2 slowest guys on the team in the 3x3 track meet and, shockingly, once again they lose. Perhaps after 3-4 of these OT losses with the same sluggish starting lineup it might be time for a change?
Of all the Toddy Mac complaints the OT lineups are the at the top of most valid. He really does put the team behind the 8 ball with the Kopi unit.

Now I do have to give him credit for the PLD-Moore pairing because those two have created glorious chances together. Dubois should’ve won the game tonight with his semi-breakaway.

Todd, how about we try and expand the OT lineup? There’s no reason in hell why Byfield, Laf, even Trevor Lewis shouldn’t get a shift. All three are far better than average skaters. Instead we get a tired Kopitar playing 2+ minutes. Insane.

I wrote it in the Fagemo thread regarding McLellan, but it works here too: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results!! I seriously doubt that McLellan can adept and do the neccesary changes…

Stop yer whining! Trade Fiala. Seriously.

Blake has drafted well, but his last two “big trades” are duds.

Fiala is a penalty machine - a hot head. The opposition knows it.

PLD is a dud. Vilardi will have more goals than PLD will have points.

Just build & develop thru the draft. Then - play those high draft picks (Clarke / Byfield in OT)

There’s nothing wrong with being the big fish in a small pond. Bring on those bad teams so I can enjoy watching Kings hockey again!

IDK - our 2nd to last Sharks game I nearly fell asleep, though it probably was a 10:30 start granted :D The Sharks did try a bit harder on the next one, but I prefer watching good teams and winning.

The only thing that can be easily changed for the better is to fire Todd. He's not the solution, he's the problem. But, alas, who can Blake bring in?

I agree that the coach/leadership is a huge issue, and obviously Blakey could bring in any of us off LGK and win the cup.

Stop yer whining! Trade Fiala. Seriously.

No.

When Kings were .700+ pts percentage overall and .500 against division leaders it wasn’t good enough. @emsomaso even had to make a thread to tell us to chill out. Think about where these numbers are at after these last 7 games…

To quote one of film’s great characters, Bodhi:

“Life sure has a sick sense of humor, doesn’t it Johnny?”

Back
Top Bottom