***LA Kings @ Seattle Kraken GDT 12/16/23 7:00pm on KCAL Ch9***

First of all to let this game go to OT shows me once again the Kings have lost their close out ability. Once it goes to the SO, it not about hockey anymore. Picking up the extra point is great but it‘s not hockey. The Kings are now surviving. They have not looked good since the 1st period of the Islanders game. They have zero jump to their game, with the exception of MFD. Piel is a pile and I don’t usually call out players. So far he has not brought anything to this team To me he is soft and lackadaisical. IMO a steal for Winnipeg.
Lighten up Francis long way to go

Reactions: HTK
Shamelessly copying Nyssa’s picks because 1. I’m lazy today after dealing with the malls all day and 2. How can I go wrong

GWG
Borgen
Yamamoto
Beniers
McCann

Byfield
Kempe (he's due!)
Fiala
Kaliyev

GWG in the 3rd period.
We had so many chances to get it right in the SO!!

I don't know why people are bitching about this game. We won. And for the most part we outplayed Seattle. Yes we made a few mistakes that cost us. And we weren't guaranteed a win until the very end. So what. Wins are never guaranteed. We had a great start to the season & we got spoiled because of it. Now things aren't so easy. But if we come away with a win that's a good thing.

No sound now, damn I miss hearing the kid screaming😂😂

There was a squealing kid that sounded a bit like a trapped squealing pig, and I think a different woman who sounded like a bleating sheep, and at least 2 dudes who kept yammering like dogs, and I'm like what is this, a Pink Floyd album?

What a nightmare of a broadcast, lol. Even Stoll got caught texting in class.

Is there a way to show gifs here?

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

giphy.gif

Click insert image>link>gif link, or image>gif upload, or the three dots > gif to select one.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Grundstrom would get the game deciding goal, but nobody guessed it would be in the shootout:

VegasHockey
Byron
CIrvine
Shackleford
waynet
pray4mojo
KernCoKingFan
dannybuoy1
empire
Bill Hicks

Had to miss the game due to holiday obligations but glad to see they get the extra point. That Q to Kopi pass was a beauty. The less said about that first goal against the better.

First of all to let this game go to OT shows me once again the Kings have lost their close out ability. Once it goes to the SO, it not about hockey anymore. Picking up the extra point is great but it‘s not hockey. The Kings are now surviving. They have not looked good since the 1st period of the Islanders game. They have zero jump to their game, with the exception of MFD. Piel is a pile and I don’t usually call out players. So far he has not brought anything to this team To me he is soft and lackadaisical. IMO a steal for Winnipeg.

Two key blocked shots in the 3rd, and he was 6 for 8 at the dot. He is doing things other than scoring. Do I wish he would do more? Of course, but I'm not ready to start labelling the trade as a "steal for Winnipeg".

I don't know why people are bitching about this game. We won. And for the most part we outplayed Seattle. Yes we made a few mistakes that cost us. And we weren't guaranteed a win until the very end. So what. Wins are never guaranteed. We had a great start to the season & we got spoiled because of it. Now things aren't so easy. But if we come away with a win that's a good thing.

THIS!

And the thread crapping all over Mikey Anderson for his mistake is just mind-boggling. Have you people ever even watched more than a few hockey games?!? Players make mistakes. Sometimes it costs their teams. But Anderson is as solid a top-pairing d-man as you could want in this league given his salary. Stop watching theses games with your hearts gushing blood all over your sleeves, folks. Just a slew of embarrassing comments reminiscent of the WTS threads.

/rant . . . I guess.

There was a squealing kid that sounded a bit like a trapped squealing pig, and I think a different woman who sounded like a bleating sheep, and at least 2 dudes who kept yammering like dogs, and I'm like what is this, a Pink Floyd album?

What a nightmare of a broadcast, lol. Even Stoll got caught texting in class.
LOL!

So, how's SC treating you? We haven't chatted in a while. I have a friend that moved to Charlotte and he loves it. I was working in that part of the world in 1996 and 1997 (Knoxville and Mt Airy) and it was beautiful. Beautiful and humid as hell. And it was cicada season on top of that. It was like being on a different planet. Weird orange sunsets that lasted forever...cicadas screaming...fireflies lighting up the backyard...but except for the humidity, I kinda liked it. Way different than SoCal for sure.

I enjoy most out-of-town broadcasters...that's why I do it...but these guys...especially Eddie Olczyk, were mega-homers. According to him, the Kraken didn't deserve one penalty last night. At one point he was carrying on about a 'bad call' for five minutes. Eventually his partner told him to calm down. The play-by-play guy wasn't horrible, but Olczyk was like listening to fingernails on a chalk board.

And the thread crapping all over Mikey Anderson for his mistake is just mind-boggling. Have you people ever even watched more than a few hockey games?!? Players make mistakes. Sometimes it costs their teams. But Anderson is as solid a top-pairing d-man as you could want in this league given his salary. Stop watching theses games with your hearts gushing blood all over your sleeves, folks. Just a slew of embarrassing comments reminiscent of the WTS threads.

/rant . . . I guess.

Anderson nearly cost the Kings game with that late 3rd period gaffe and the Kings likewise got a bit mentally disoriented with the penalty but eventually they were able to hang on and break through in the shootout. You would have lost it too if the Kings had lost that game because of one mental mistake by one player, especially in the dying minutes of a period to end regulation. To think otherwise would be dishonest. Let's be frank here, not all of us fans are that iron-willed and you should be considerate and cut some of us fans some slack.

Last edited:
I enjoy most out-of-town broadcasters...that's why I do it...but these guys...especially Eddie Olczyk, were mega-homers. According to him, the Kraken didn't deserve one penalty last night. At one point he was carrying on about a 'bad call' for five minutes. Eventually his partner told him to calm down. The play-by-play guy wasn't horrible, but Olczyk was like listening to fingernails on a chalk board.

Eddie O used to be part of the Blackhawks PBP booth back then and his commentary was one of the reasons why I don't like watching Hawks games with his presence around as he made Hawks fans unlikable and insufferable ever since 2008.

Have to agree. Don't get Kcal so found a stream with the Krackers broadcast. Olczyk was awful. He was all over the penalties, only the ones against, and called several on the Kings the "refs didn't see". PBP fellow was decent and basically worked through Olczyk's rantings.

Kings totally outplayed the Krackers, their goalie kept them in it. Would have been very disappointing to not get 2 out of this. Yea, the Anderson play at the end was bad, but the guy has been nails for us. Cut him some slack.

Hopefully the Kings start a new winning streak.

I was wonderin' where you went and if ye' made it thru COVID :D Glad you have! We're about 2 hours from Charlotte. I think ICE24 sort of half moved out here? as well, but North Carolina. We've been here ~18 months? Wife's 14 weeks pregnant. It's alright so far. About 100 more days of sun than Oregon, which is why we're here. I don't mind the humidity at all - it's the damn bugs and gnats that get me. I enjoy summer here. Winter gets oddly cold (people lied to me - it gets like 18 at night - which I don't consider "hot and hotter" like people say here - in LA it actually is like that), and the house is drafty, but the housing market was =insane= when we bought so I'm just glad we got anything before interest rates went stupid.

I kind of miss mountains (Gandalf) and hills (LA/Oregon), but here it's all new flat topography and swamps, which are cool. Southern hospitality is not a thing whatsoever in my experience... but overall I think we're glad we moved. The cicada's are insane. Our first month here was in the summer and I wouldn't go outside at night, we live out of the city in farmland and our back yard was like the Amazon jungle or something at night. I hardly care now.. and I step in fire ant/ground hornet nests every time I mow the yard and then take my revenge and am used to it. The sunsets are quite lovely - I didn't see any fireflies this year - last year our backyard was full of them. What's impressed me the most is the summer lightning storms. They're like the most intense thing I've ever seen. We get full rolling thunder, thunderclaps, like waking me up and end of the world type sounds. We sit on the covered porch and watch them for an hour at night - it's a free light show. It's almost more impressive than seeing a full eclipse, and is guaranteed all summer nights.

I know this has a lot to do with the Kings, I could go on but I won't, but overall we're pretty happy about the whole move. The healthcare situation sucks, but we kinda knew that moving in. I will say, the 10:30 starts are brutal :D Glad to see ya!

Oh yeah - we caught the Kings vs Canes this year in Raleigh where they choked the 0/1-4 lead or whatever in the 3rd. It was nice, first Kings game since.. 2014? Beating the Ducks out of the Pond playoffs game. But uhh, someone keyed me car with a tasteful "LA" logo, not too bad or noticeable, but 3 hour drive -- so IDK. Next time maybe I'll put on the jerseys farther from the car.
Was there in Charlotte this weekend. Finalizing all the home stuff.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom