***LA Kings vs. Dallas Stars GDT 1/16/24 5:00pm on ESPN+ & Hulu

After phoning it in for the whole 3rd period, perhaps they can get up for this PP.

Kings are just gripping their sticks trying to make plays that just aren’t there. They have completely lost the ability to understand the flow of play. Totally out of snyc

How soon is the All Star break? This team needs a rest and a full reset.

I know I might be going out on a limb, however the Kings are not good.
Ignore this game. This was like the game where the Kings rolled over the Av's. They were playing their last game of a long road trip. 3rd game in 4 days and the 2nd of a back to back. Yeah, the Kings dominated them, they were tired. Tonight, the Kings had one period in them, but it was not enough. Cannot bitch about this game, IMO. It was the BS NHL schedule.

Granted, end of a long trip on a back-to-back. Still, with a chance to salvage a respectable 2-2-2 record on this trip with a win, and only down 1 goal entering the 3rd, a horrible ending. Was hoping they could have found a tying goal, but no way. It's disturbing that this game, like the Detroit game, got out of hand so quickly.

Vegas has major injuries what's the Kings excuse? Arvy! He might help a little on O but we lose defense when he comes back. One win on a road trip when you are supposed to be a decent team is terrible. No excuses!

Ignore this game. This was like the game where the Kings rolled over the Av's. They were playing their last game of a long road trip. 3rd game in 4 days and the 2nd of a back to back. Yeah, the Kings dominated them, they were tired. Tonight, the Kings had one period in them, but it was not enough. Cannot bitch about this game, IMO. It was the BS NHL schedule.
The NBA schedule makers do this to every team. It’s considered a scheduled loss.

In a 82 game season you cannot expect the human body to fully rebound after a game the day before, especially when you mix in the travel element. I hate to see the NHL put a team behind the 8 ball like they did to the Kings tonight.

I suggest we all put the pitch forks down for a night and turn the page. There’s a game on Thursday and that should be a better read on where the Kings are as a squad.

Vegas has major injuries what's the Kings excuse? Arvy! He might help a little on O but we lose defense when he comes back. One win on a road trip when you are supposed to be a decent team is terrible. No excuses!
I get it, and I agree. However, tonight's game was kind of an expected loss.

Who do you sell at the deadline? Arvy, Arti, Spence and another. If you trade Roy who is going to fill in that spot. It can't be Spence or Clarke two non physical players.

Of course I made it home in time to see the game. I had to step outside for 1 minute at the beginning of the second when they scored their lone own goal.

I'm beginning to wonder not only if I'll ever see the Kings win again, but if I'll ever see them score a goal again.

Even the games have attended in person it seems like anytime I have to go out to the concourse for a beer or whatever, the Kings score.

I'm considering an experiment... intentionally missing the next game. If they win, that inks it: I'm the official Kings jinx.

As to the scheduling, others have said it, back-to-backs happen. It just so happens that being a West Coast team, they sometimes have to take long flights between games. It has always been that way for the Kings.

Don't forget that the Kings had it easy early on in the season. The league "eased" them into the season after the trip "down under" (which in my mind was a useless waste).

As to the scheduling, others have said it, back-to-backs happen. It just so happens that being a West Coast team, they sometimes have to take long flights between games. It has always been that way for the Kings.

Don't forget that the Kings had it easy early on in the season. The league "eased" them into the season after the trip "down under" (which in my mind was a useless waste).
NHL schedule-makers at work

depositphotos_21962289-stock-photo-little-girl-is-drawing-using.jpg

pngtree-beauty-little-girl-drawing-with-crayons-youth-childhood-young-photo-picture-image_4097862.jpg

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed a two game total of 6 goals and/or that all the D men would combine for 3 points in Dallas:

Both 6 goals and 3 combined (2 points):
hornman
AngelEyes
ICE24
mugs

6 goals (1 point):
randdog
DRGinLBC
notbob

3 combined (1 point):
SirJW
beady eye
VegasHockey
puckoff
Guinevere
jammer06
DRice
forum gold
VCRW
Cross Traffic
Rusty
empire
KernCoKingFan
Drum4Pigs
KHenry14
SaltyPuck
katydid213
Chateau Bow Wow
sonnyboy11
Jerram
Nyssa42
Shackleford
pray4mojo
JETS GARAGE
Dr. Tran
Liz4LA
Kurisu
TooCool
Symbology

Well thank god that road trip is over. Halfway mark of the season and when you finish the quarter mark on pace for 126 points, but the halfway mark at 100 points....well you know how the post mortem on the second quarter of the season is going to look. In total the team is probably right about where we all hoped they would be at the start of the season, however they do not look good on the ice at all. Body language and mental mistakes are compounding at an alarming rate. Time for Todd to earn his money.

Who do you sell at the deadline? Arvy, Arti, Spence and another. If you trade Roy who is going to fill in that spot. It can't be Spence or Clarke two non physical players.
I don't think it's Arvy or Roy, I think they believe they are critical to them making a playoff run. The downside is that neither of those players may be back next season. Now if they are out of the playoffs, all bets are off.

I would suspect any trade would involve Arty, Grundstrom or JAD...just not sure you'd get much for any of them. This could happen sooner than later to make space for Arvy.

Last edited:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom