Last Movie Watched

You're not alone...

Ha! Beetz and I may have just seen/read “Fight Club” too many times but viewing the Joker from that lens, the clues are not subtle.

Did love that two cast members from “Atlanta” were in that movie.

s3nflD9.jpg

Don't get me wrong...this is a really good movie. Unfortunately spoliersspoilersspoilers, made me feel a little less devastated than I should have.

Forgot about this one. Completely recommend it. Great story and these people are something to model after. Gardening is my thing and I have always wanted to do what they are doing here (i.e. get some land and do a full blown farm full of animals working together to produce the best, healthiest food).

large_farm-poster.jpg

NBlRads.jpg

No sir, I don't like it.

I'll keep it short and spoiler free. This movie has one of the single most LAZY plot devices of all time. And, the entire concept is wrapped in a 'there is no way a lawyer wouldn't have been called' frustration. Not clever by half. Basically an opportunity for some decent actors to mug for the camera as loathesome family members. And, Daniel Craig, who has never been someone I enjoy, is the guiltiest party here. Using a slippery southern drawl that goes in and out, he proves to be one of the dumbest master sleuths ever.

POSSIBLE VAGUE SPOILER ALERT

The twist is only noteworthy for it's entirely unoriginal design which is further complicated by including a barely involved character.

NBlRads.jpg

No sir, I don't like it.

I'll keep it short and spoiler free. This movie has one of the single most LAZY plot devices of all time. And, the entire concept is wrapped in a 'there is no way a lawyer wouldn't have been called' frustration. Not clever by half. Basically an opportunity for some decent actors to mug for the camera as loathesome family members. And, Daniel Craig, who has never been someone I enjoy, is the guiltiest party here. Using a slippery southern drawl that goes in and out, he proves to be one of the dumbest master sleuths ever.

POSSIBLE VAGUE SPOILER ALERT

The twist is only noteworthy for it's entirely unoriginal design which is further complicated by including a barely involved character.

Agree to Disagree. Caveat: Went in with zero expectations and I took my (former) stepmom and her friend (told them: It’s a murder mystery with Daniel Craig and Chris Evans; sold) over the Thxgiving holiday. Loved the set design, literally dream about Victorian homes, the low fog, the New England leaves falling and a Clue-esque goofiness. Meh. It’s light, it’s colorful, it has hot guys dressed preppy(?), a supporting cast too good for the content but a total popcorn movie.

If you’re like JD and can’t suspend reality on Craig’s accent or are looking for an Agatha Christie depth, don’t go. But, if you’re killing time on a rainy afternoon…"Knives Out" is fun.

Agree to Disagree. Caveat: Went in with zero expectations and I took my (former) stepmom and her friend (told them: It’s a murder mystery with Daniel Craig and Chris Evans; sold) over the Thxgiving holiday. Loved the set design, literally dream about Victorian homes, the low fog, the New England leaves falling and a Clue-esque goofiness. Meh. It’s light, it’s colorful, it has hot guys dressed preppy(?), a supporting cast too good for the content but a total popcorn movie.

If you’re like JD and can’t suspend reality on Craig’s accent or are looking for an Agatha Christie depth, don’t go. But, if you’re killing time on a rainy afternoon…"Knives Out" is fun.

Got to agree as I saw it this past Tuesday. I had to be dragged to see it (all the trailers out for the last 9 months finally did me in) and surprise, surprise, surprise I enjoyed it too. Not a lot of deep thought needed, just need entertaining then this is for you.

We saw this last night. And surprisingly I liked it a lot. It is still shocking to me that this kind of stuff goes on in the working world nowadays but maybe I am just naive. I am in management at a fortune 50 company and this is still utterly shocking to me. Amazing performances by Charlize as I honestly thought I was seeing and listening to the real Megan Kelly at times. Not really sure Margot (or the role she had) needed to be in the movie but it wasn't dull.

1200px-Bombshell_poster.jpg

MV5BOTdmNTFjNDEtNzg0My00ZjkxLTg1ZDAtZTdkMDc2ZmFiNWQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAzNzgwNTg@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,631,1000_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTU4NTM4NDQyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY0NTI0NjM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Strong recommend for both, I saw 1917 in IMAX and it is such a visual and technical masterpiece.

vnNvU7C.jpg

Saw this yesterday. A re-envisioning of Grimm's, but, quite timely, it has a very feminist slant. Pretty clever actually. Such a sleight movie, but quite lovely to look at.

Psst: Did anyone low-key see the new Guy Richie movie,
"The Gentlemen"?

I'm a fool for that director but the last time I watched his movie in the theater it was kind of broke my spirit ("RocknRolla"- brit gangs, herion-addict trust fund kid and a convoluted plot) and am not ready to get hurt again. Sooo..any of you media boys, got me?

Then again, McConaughey in fitted suits selling (slangin') dat weed, how bad can it be?

Psst: Did anyone low-key see the new Guy Richie movie,
"The Gentlemen"?

I'm a fool for that director but the last time I watched his movie in the theater it was kind of broke my spirit ("RocknRolla"- brit gangs, herion-addict trust fund kid and a convoluted plot) and am not ready to get hurt again. Sooo..any of you media boys, got me?

Then again, McConaughey in fitted suits selling (slangin') dat weed, how bad can it be?

I am a complete Ritchie guy when it comes to the gangsta flicks. Unlike you I LOVE Rock'n'Rolla. Saw Gentlemen, And I would put it 4th in the 4. It's not bad, but the American accents, and whatever Charlie Hunnam is doing just kinda rob the movie of that sing song quality of the dialect. It's way better than anything else he has done in a bit, but it suffers from Ritchie's more rounded and better funded growth as a director. It's not quite British enough.

Edit: apparently Ritchie and the Statham have already completed another movie, so hopefully that will have a little more grit on it.

Last edited:
I am a complete Ritchie guy when it comes to the gangsta flicks. Unlike you I LOVE Rock'n'Rolla. Saw Gentlemen, And I would put it 4th in the 4.
Yeesh. I wouldn't expect much from the next one, either. Some guys just have one or two great movies in 'em, and that's it. Lock Stock was a masterpiece and Snatch was not far off. If he never makes another good movie, I'm happy with those two gifts we got.

I am a complete Ritchie guy when it comes to the gangsta flicks. Unlike you I LOVE Rock'n'Rolla. Saw Gentlemen, And I would put it 4th in the 4. It's not bad, but the American accents, and whatever Charlie Hunnam is doing just kinda rob the movie of that sing song quality of the dialect. It's way better than anything else he has done in a bit, but it suffers from Ritchie's more rounded and better funded growth as a director. It's not quite British enough.

Edit: apparently Ritchie and the Statham have already completed another movie, so hopefully that will have a little more grit on it.

Rah-jah. I really had trouble remembering RocknRolla, so maybe it was better than my six word description. Guy deserves another shot (and Stathem is a bad, bad man-cant wait!) Plus his soundtracks make my heart smile with the uptempo Britpop goodness. Thx dude.

[

Rah-jah. I really had trouble remembering RocknRolla, so maybe it was better than my six word description. Guy deserves another shot (and Stathem is a bad, bad man-cant wait!) Plus his soundtracks make my heart smile with the uptempo Britpop goodness. Thx dude.

[

Good point. Give R'N'R'ers a second chance. The soundtrack is extremely solid, especially the Lou Reed tune, and it's use. Toby Kebbel is amazing in that movie as is EVERYONE else. I really dig that flick. Maybe my second fave of his.

Saw this

Jojo_Rabbit_%282019%29_poster.jpg

and this

960x0.jpg

Both really great movies. 1917 was visually stunning and JoJo was just such a great idea. I will probably watch any Taika movie.

In a year of Devastating movies, JoJo was such a trifling little thing. Till, it wasn't. That moment(So as not to spoil, but you guys know...that moment) was just such a gut punch. Damn. Damn.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom