Last Movie Watched

When you grab from the random DVD oddities you bought in your youth. That you always planned to watch.

And you're old jaded current you, calls you on your bull****

My opinion: I can't recommend this

Enough.

Last edited:

When you grab from the random DVD oddities you bought in your youth. That you always planned to watch.

And you're old jaded current you, calls you on your bull****

My opinion: I can't recommend this

Enough.

Remember this one. One of long list of GREAT movies - for comedic purposes - from our youths that just get lost in time.

In a year of Devastating movies, JoJo was such a trifling little thing. Till, it wasn't. That moment(So as not to spoil, but you guys know...that moment) was just such a gut punch. Damn. Damn.

My wife audibly gasped at that moment. The thing was the gasp was in my mind as well just wasn't audible. I can't stress enough that gut punch almost doesn't due the moment justice.

Such a well acted movie by all and Taika has so many original ideas ...

Need to see Parasite now. My wife and daughter saw it last week and it did to them what it was intended to do - made them think all week long -

MV5BNTQ5OTUwYjQtYmM5Ni00YTY5LWFiOWEtYTg1MTg2Y2NmY2JhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAzNjk5MDI4._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Not the last movie I watched, but The Last Black Man in San Francisco is available on Amazon Prime. Nominated for absolutely nothing, yet this was my favorite movie of 2019.

In a year of Devastating movies, JoJo was such a trifling little thing. Till, it wasn't. That moment(So as not to spoil, but you guys know...that moment) was just such a gut punch. Damn. Damn.

Assuming talking about the same gut punch, it took me a few seconds to understand what had happened as it was only "partially" shown. But yeah yeesh.

Also who doesn't think "I miss Hello Ladies" when seeing Stephen Merchant?

My wife audibly gasped at that moment. The thing was the gasp was in my mind as well just wasn't audible. I can't stress enough that gut punch almost doesn't due the moment justice.

Such a well acted movie by all and Taika has so many original ideas ...

Need to see Parasite now. My wife and daughter saw it last week and it did to them what it was intended to do - made them think all week long -

I am a Quentin apologist. But...the Academy just stuck it in and turned the handle. That aside, yeah...JoJo is so so so charming at times. Whilst dancing around delicate issues. And then...

honestly, I ain't the biggest ScarJo fan, but she deserved a nomination in the supporting actress thingee.

8JlVNsY.jpg

Look...you aren't expecting Shakespeare, are you?

Kinda silly, but clever at times. Michael Pena(forgive the missing~) is there, Tig, Merle. It was a low rent show fulla cheese. So is this. Not bad by half.

F85XQoG.jpg

Honestly cannot tell you how much I loved this movie. Warner Brothers mishandled the press stuff. I will buy this movie as soon as they announce. Lots of campy fun. With a Deadpoolish edge and some really really fun wire fighting mayhem. Honestly, the problem isn't that it was rated R. The problem was Warner Brothers just thought a poster or two would be good enough. Ryan Reynolds CAMPAIGNED for Deadpool. DC should have had the same kind of push to make everyone curious.

Last edited:
Saw Sonic with Lil miss jammer, she liked it. I thought Jim Carey was great. Marsden was his usual self. It's not anything anyone should see unless they have kids.

8vhJeKA.jpg

Saw this yesterday. As an update of an up until now, tricky property it's fine. Entertaining enough despite some giant logic flaws.

SPOILERS

The problem is that it couches the entire subject in #metoo isms which worked well, and I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH.

But here is where the problem lies. (And, I apologize if I'm wrong, I need to see it again to verify), but a character's fate is predicated on his 'guilt', which...once again I need to verify, entirely on hearsay evidence. Now, if I missed something I apologize...but I just didn't witness anything other than accusations. And for a movie that screams for people to believe a victim despite the gaslighting done by an invisible man the fact that they present it as they do is problematic. In fact, I can't help but feel that in the closing minutes of the film it is left ambiguous intentionally. But you have to go against every bit of hearsay that they present as fact. When I discussed it with my moviegoing companion it took some work, but I think I got them thinking about it. So...if you see it, and I'm wrong...correct me. But if you see it like I did please...let me know.

EDIT: it appears I might be onto something.

https://uproxx.com/movies/the-invisible-man-ending-explained/

Last edited:
Mtq07Eg.jpg

Good Lord, why have I never seen this?
Just an epic 70s dirty cops movie. Filled with tremendous character actors. And looming over it all, Al Pacino, just a tornado of repressed anger. Fanfreakingtastic.

Late to the party as I just saw it yesterday, but yeah.... Took me a minute to register what was happening. Really, really reminded me of Hair, although I think it was less of a shock here because there is already a sense of danger and menace, whereas in Hair that moment came completely out of nowhere. It's all fun and games until it ain't.

Finally subscribed to Netflix and trying to watch all the movies I should have already watched.

Started with 3 these this past weekend:

Tucker and Dale Vs Evil (hilarious)
Train to Busan (can't believe I hadn't seen this before, insanely good zombie flick)
Burning (2018 Korean film)

Finally subscribed to Netflix and trying to watch all the movies I should have already watched.

Train to Busan (can't believe I hadn't seen this before, insanely good zombie flick)

I think Tucker and Dale is an under rated gem

You should watch The Wailing (2016) if you liked those 2 Korean movies. :hockey2:

lovebirds-poster-netflix.jpg

Solid rom-com. Kumail gets an automatic watch from me for whatever he does.

I did the 31 for October again this year!

1. The Howling (1981)
2. Deep Red (1975)
3. Blood Harvest (1987)
4. Uninvited (1988)
5. Dracula (1979)
6. Them! (1954)
7. Phenomena (1985)
8. The Company of Wolves (1984)
9. Piranha (1978)
10. Tigers Are Not Afraid (2017)
11. The Night House (2020)
12. Cat O'Nine Tails (1971)
13. Mimic (1997)
14. The Wailing (2016)
15. The Witches (1990)
16. It Chapter Two (2019)
17. El Dia de la Bestia (1995)
18. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970)
19. The Pit and the Pendulum (1991)
20. A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)*
21. Ginger Snaps (2000)
22. Coraline (2009)*
23. Opera (1987)
24. Los Parecidos/The Similars (2015)
25. Tremors (1990)*
26. The Prophecy (1995)
27. Lord of Illusions (1995)*
28. Wolfen (1981)
29. Suspiria (1977)*
30. Pumpkinhead (1988)
31. Candyman (2021)

*Denotes a Rewatch

Did Christmas Movies this year again! 8 in total! And ALL of these count as Christmas movies says me!!! mhihi: :cheers:

Batman Returns (1992)
Black Christmas (1974)
Gremlins (1984)
Love Actually (2003)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Krampus (2015)
Christmas Evil (1980)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Did Christmas Movies this year again! 8 in total! And ALL of these count as Christmas movies says me!!! mhihi: :cheers:

Batman Returns (1992)
Black Christmas (1974)
Gremlins (1984)
Love Actually (2003)
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Krampus (2015)
Christmas Evil (1980)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Krampus - so underrated

Back
Top Bottom