***New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 1/20/24 7:30pm on KCAL Ch9***

Dude's social skills have never been one of his best traits. Local press hated having to get soundbites from him. I also cannot blame him for feeling this way, but you saw it in his eyes. You knew he did everything he could to not watch, but he was touched.
My friend and I were saying the same thing. Quick with the media was not the same on ice Quick who shed a tear and was touched by fans cheers!

All right, which one of you savages was that during the first intermission, holding up the ‘FIRE TODD’ sign on her phone?
It was NOT me, but I had previously admired that young girl's awesome 1980's style hair and I'm hoping that means 80's hair is in style so I will be one of the cool kids with my still-wearing-the-same-style-since-the-80s hair!

I think his play tonight disproves Nyssa’s theory that he’s been playing hurt. Maybe ill, but most likely just stunted by defensive minded shackles. Tonight, he looked like an NHL player, unfettered by systematic hindrances. ‘Green light’
I still think he has something going on - I'm now thinking it's a case of tennis elbow in his left arm. I had it a few years ago, and, believe it or not, the best cure is to play through it. But hurts like hell when you're making a pass!! He did seem better tonight, too....which I was quite happy about. Left hand looked swollen, too, in his interview, although he seemed to move it around ok (again....most normal motions don't hurt with tennis elbow, only certain ones)

Daryl Evans mentioned on Kings Talk post-game that T Mac stated that Rittich would be starting on Monday vs. the Sharks. Well-deserved - he was perfect tonight. (no goalie in the world was gonna save the Kreider goal).

Daryl Evans mentioned on Kings Talk post-game that T Mac stated that Rittich would be starting on Monday vs. the Sharks. Well-deserved - he was perfect tonight. (no goalie in the world was gonna save the Kreider goal).

Rittich has been stellar - I mean Talbs was too, but two I believe 5 goal games and the team winning in front of 31 both starts during the skid - Todd said he'd ride the "hot hand", and Talbot can certainly use a break. It's a good problem to have this year where I thought we'd have NO goaltending. And I like his cheering at the end of a win.

He's been fantastic. The book on him before the trade was he will be great for a stretch until he isn't. Maybe he and Cam can ham and egg it to the finish line.
I've been really impressed with his game, especially his composure. Yeah, he's bounced around the league a bit, but sometimes that's what it takes to reach a certain level of maturity...and he's only 31 years old.

And this proves Blake and Co occasionally do make good moves. Sometimes you get lucky, and as a reclamation project Rittich is rapidly becoming the feel-good underdog story of the year for the Kings. Big Save Dave was excellent last night and came close to throwing a perfect game.

Dave's kicksave on Lafreniere was the play of the game. Hopefully this kick starts the team and we go on another winning streak, this time a home winning streak. If Rittich is in fact starting, I just may make that Sharks game after all!

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 1 of 26 SOG for the kings and/or Fiala as the kings first goal scorer:

26 sog (2 points):
hornman

25,27 (1 point):
VegasHockey
Nyssa42
Kurisu
TooCool

Fiala (1 point):
Rog or Reg?
Dr. Tran
Guinevere
Drums4Pigs
KernCoKingFan
DRGinLBC
Shackleford
randdog
katydid213
HiFi
fake_it_make_it
mugs
Nyssa42
Bill Hicks
AngelEyes
Kurisu
empire
waynet

Lots to like in that game, still a lot to work on (3 on 1, no shot on goal?). Great to see Quick acknowledge the fans. Glad he's found his mojo and even happier the Kings overcame it. Let's see if they can beat the sharks

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know if we'd win this game. But I was hoping that since the bad play started on that east coast road trip maybe this would be the game we turned it around. I know it's only 1 game but still it was a great win. Byfield did a great job centering the 3rd line. On his goal, was that celebration an accident or did he mean to go down like that? And it really sucks that JAD didn't get an assist on that since he made that goal happen. Also Big Save Dave with that incredible toe save at the end of the game was almost Quick-like.

Speaking of which, it was great to see Quick back & to see that video tribute to him. But I'm glad he's on an east coast team & we see him only twice a year. I don't want to have to root against him more that that. And I don't care what he said afterwards. I saw the look on his face when it was over.

I didn't know if we'd win this game. But I was hoping that since the bad play started on that east coast road trip maybe this would be the game we turned it around. I know it's only 1 game but still it was a great win. Byfield did a great job centering the 3rd line. On his goal, was that celebration an accident or did he mean to go down like that? And it really sucks that JAD didn't get an assist on that since he made that goal happen. Also Big Save Dave with that incredible toe save at the end of the game was almost Quick-like.

Speaking of which, it was great to see Quick back & to see that video tribute to him. But I'm glad he's on an east coast team & we see him only twice a year. I don't want to have to root against him more that that. And I don't care what he said afterwards. I saw the look on his face when it was over.
Given the Kings current state of affairs, Rittich's toe save has to be considered the biggest save this season so far for the Kings. Sometimes that's all it takes to turn around a team's fortunes.

80 and 11 both seem to have that quality where they struggle to fit with talented wingers, and it’s doubly bad when they’re together. It has been Kopi’s MO forever, and PLD seems to be cut from the same unfortunate cloth. Since I’m donning the coaching mantle with my posts this evening, here’s the obvious play. Keep 11 and 9 together, but toss Lizotte on that line with them when he returns(if it happens soon). His frenetic energy will draw Kopi into the fray. Toss 80 in with the grinders, it couldn’t be any worse. He has no business being a center, he can barely deliver the mail, unless he just lowers his shoulder and drives the net, but he doesn’t have the hands to finish any of those bull rushes, so maybe trash pickers like Lewis will find an occasional bone.
That PLD trade was freaking horrible. Wish we could have kept Vilardi.

Great to get the win...but...same ol sluggish Kopitar, now burdened with sluggish PLD. Neither of them seem to be able to combine passes, so Kempe is pretty much one on three. Worked ok last night, thx to Rittich, but portends trouble in the long run. #1 line looks nothing like an NHL #1 line.

Great to get the win...but...same ol sluggish Kopitar, now burdened with sluggish PLD. Neither of them seem to be able to combine passes, so Kempe is pretty much one on three. Worked ok last night, thx to Rittich, but portends trouble in the long run. #1 line looks nothing like an NHL #1 line.
Yep, this is why I keep lobbying for Lizotte on his wing, even though Moore is a similar player and had no success with Kopi in his brief stint on the wing. Lizotte has an extra gear of tenaciousness that even #12 does not quite possess. Or lizotte with PLD, since that might actually stir some of the purported aggressiveness within PLD that was discussed when the trade was consummated. I think these guys need to be -dragged- into the fray, because they do not often go willingly.

Bottom line, scoring can’t really dry up any worse than it already has, and NOW is the time to start tinkering to find some sort of mad scientist alchemical solution to the problem. Todd better find a way to turn chicken sh*t back into chicken soup, and from there, filet mignon.. and he better do it soon.

Last edited:
Lower bowl literally has more Rags fans than Kings fans
It was ridiculous wasn't it. There was one PR section that was probably 90% Rags fans. Shame on Kings fans that sold their tix for profit...a very Anaheim Ducks thing to do.

It was ridiculous wasn't it. There was one PR section that was probably 90% Rags fans. Shame on Kings fans that sold their tix for profit...a very Anaheim Ducks thing to do.

Not condoning the resale of the tix. But I know some.ppl.recoup money to offset season seat costs esp during the lean yrs

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 1 of 26 SOG for the kings and/or Fiala as the kings first goal scorer:

26 sog (2 points):
hornman

25,27 (1 point):
VegasHockey
Nyssa42
Kurisu
TooCool

Fiala (1 point):
Rog or Reg?
Dr. Tran
Guinevere
Drums4Pigs
KernCoKingFan
DRGinLBC
Shackleford
randdog
katydid213
HiFi
fake_it_make_it
mugs
Nyssa42
Bill Hicks
AngelEyes
Kurisu
empire
waynet

Lots to like in that game, still a lot to work on (3 on 1, no shot on goal?). Great to see Quick acknowledge the fans. Glad he's found his mojo and even happier the Kings overcame it. Let's see if they can beat the sharks
jammer had a lot on his plate last night & this morning. If he missed your correct answer, just reply to this thread & we'll get ya on "the list" . I'll double check it before tomorrow's GDT

Back
Top Bottom