***New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 1/20/24 7:30pm on KCAL Ch9***

He has no right to be pissed at Blake. He played himself off the team. Moreover, CBJ didn't want him and neither did Vegas. It's a business.
Of course he has a right. It is not up to us to judge how he should feel. If he wants to be mad, he can be mad. If he wants to be ok with it, that is up to him. Not for us to judge.

Yeah, I've seen that over the years. This felt like far more than normal.
agree!! although...I did re-sell my 300 level tix for 4x what I pay for them, and there were others higher up in my section listed for $35-40 more than what I sold for!! I hope it was sad Rangers fans who overpaid for mine, lol. (I usually give my 300-level tix away, but I couldn't pass up the chance to make the big bucks this time) (I have a few games in the 100s that I share in a STM plan with others - got lucky that last night was one of them!)

Last edited:
Yep, it's been a thing for years but it was crazy last night.
I was a season ticket holder for the decade preceding the Stanley Cup championships, and during the darkest of years, the Canadian fans would absolutely flood the arena. Particularly Vancouver fans traveling for the game, plus an extra day maybe.. and a lot of transplants from Detroit, Montreal, Toronto.. it often felt like the crowd was 50/50 or 60/40 at best. Let’s face it, LA is a city of transplants, and the only thing that fortifies against opposing fan invasion here is a championship winning team. LA loves a winner.

It was NOT me, but I had previously admired that young girl's awesome 1980's style hair and I'm hoping that means 80's hair is in style so I will be one of the cool kids with my still-wearing-the-same-style-since-the-80s hair!

Nyssa' yearbook.

D6Jo2D1XoAEKVsA

:woot:

agree!! although...I did re-sell my 300 level tix for 4x what I pay for them, and there were others higher up in my section listed for $35-40 more than what I sold for!! I hope it was sad Rangers fans who overpaid for mine, lol. (I usually give my 300-level tix away, but I couldn't pass up the chance to make the big bucks this time)

Yeah, when I had the die hard seats. Was hard ro sell. Gave them away

Wow, you should see how many rangers fans there are at the Pond right now. Insane. Really a shame for the Ducks organization, love them or hate them, since they seem to be very involved with community outreach.

Wow, you should see how many rangers fans there are at the Pond right now. Insane. Really a shame for the Ducks organization, love them or hate them, since they seem to be very involved with community outreach.
They had a school.function w my faughters school. Concur w the outreach

Of course it is for us to judge. This is a fan board not a courtroom.
Lol you have a right to judge him but he has not right (according to you) to be upset about how Blake handled the trade? Talk about hypocrisy which you are correct, fits right in on a fan board haha.

It’s hard to believe Mikey Anderson is only 24. This guy is really just scratching the surface of how good he’s going to be.
Mikey Anderson will be the Kings C after Kopi retires and I can’t think of a better choice. Kid exudes confidence and character and rises to the occasion. He is a cornerstone guy.

quick interview was brutal - "video? they do videos all the time, idk" glad to see he's still quick tho. i'll say blake did him wrong to dead air but hey i can't help it.
Quickie has always been…like most goalies…an interesting personality and a perennially tough nut to crack in an interview. That said…no matter how wronged he felt by Kings management…a little nod to the fans who clearly worship him and respect his legacy wouldn’t have killed him. He seemed to go out of his way to deny them that. Not cool IMO. It made me wonder if we should even expect him to show up to his own jersey retirement…which is inevitable…of course.

Quickie has always been…like most goalies…an interesting personality and a perennially tough nut to crack in an interview. That said…no matter how wronged he felt by Kings management…a little nod to the fans who clearly worship him and respect his legacy wouldn’t have killed him. He seemed to go out of his way to deny them that. Not cool IMO. It made me wonder if we should even expect him to show up to his own jersey retirement…which is inevitable…of course.
I just watched the postgame interview and yeah, I'd echo the sentiments above. Beef with the organization all you want Mr. Quick, but have some grace for the fans that are still big fans of yours. It seems emotionally dishonest to be "it's just another road game" and lean into the "it's just a business" while being so obviously upset that you can't even acknowledge your own fans. Or perhaps they don't matter?

I really like Quickie, as does my son, but I want to see some more class out of a player we still revere so much and consider one of our greatest.

I just watched the postgame interview and yeah, I'd echo the sentiments above. Beef with the organization all you want Mr. Quick, but have some grace for the fans that are still big fans of yours. It seems emotionally dishonest to be "it's just another road game" and lean into the "it's just a business" while being so obviously upset that you can't even acknowledge your own fans. Or perhaps they don't matter?

I really like Quickie, as does my son, but I want to see some more class out of a player we still revere so much and consider one of our greatest.

He gave a nod to fans on the ice - that was an MSG interview and he spoke nicely of the Rangers. He clearly hates when reporters try to drag emotion out of him - he just sticks to the facts really in his eyes which is that they lost. I think it's his way to try and move on. It's really what he's always done. It's a thing with reporters/media I think and a disrespect for trying to get him to have nice sound bites. I met him in 2012 after the cup win at a signing and it was a capstone to a great summer - he was very friendly. My wife and I drove all night from Idaho (stationed in the USAF) to arrive at ~8am in LA. He got a kick that a fan would do that, he signed all the stuff we had and took pictures. Great memories. I'm a huge Quick fan so yeah. I mean the only jersey I've bought in.. ever was a Quick jersey in 2011 and a Fiala this year for my wife - though somehow I have 4 :D

Last edited:
Lol you have a right to judge him but he has not right (according to you) to be upset about how Blake handled the trade? Talk about hypocrisy which you are correct, fits right in on a fan board haha.
exactly what I am trying to say. Wrong or right, he is allowed to feel what he wants.

He gave a nod to fans on the ice - that was an MSG interview and he spoke nicely of the Rangers. He clearly hates when reporters try to drag emotion out of him - he just sticks to the facts really in his eyes which is that they lost. I think it's his way to try and move on. It's really what he's always done. It's a thing with reporters/media I think and a disrespect for trying to get him to have nice sound bites. I met him in 2012 after the cup win at a signing and it was a capstone to a great summer - he was very friendly. My wife and I drove all night from Idaho (stationed in the USAF) to arrive at ~8am in LA. He got a kick that a fan would do that, he signed all the stuff we had and took pictures. Great memories. I'm a huge Quick fan so yeah. I mean the only jersey I've bought in.. ever was a Quick jersey in 2011 and a Fiala this year for my wife - though somehow I have 4 :D
Agreed, when the video played Quick completely ignored it (as he should as they played it at a time in which could cause him to lose focus and give up a quick goal) but when the fans applauded him you could see the emotion well up in and him as he took the time to acknowledge and clap for the fans.

Not really concerned if he acknowledged Kings fans during an interview, which is awkward anyways as he wants to show his loyalty to Rangers fans and their Organization, as he acknowledges the Kings fans during the moments that count.

Quick is, and always will be, a Kings Legend.

Kind of like Byfield ehh!

Agreed, when the video played Quick completely ignored it (as he should as they played it at a time in which could cause him to lose focus and give up a quick goal) but when the fans applauded him you could see the emotion well up in and him as he took the time to acknowledge and clap for the fans.

Not really concerned if he acknowledged Kings fans during an interview, which is awkward anyways as he wants to show his loyalty to Rangers fans and their Organization, as he acknowledges the Kings fans during the moments that count.

Quick is, and always will be, a Kings Legend.
Not acknowledging the fans is one thing...but 'it's just another road game...there's 41 of them'...or 'they play videos all the time...its just a video' seems like a dude actually making an effort to dismiss the fanbase and his legacy as a King. That's fine but try and imagine a guy like Justin Williams being the same way in the same situation. A little 'that was nice' or 'I appreciate it' would have been adequate. But hey look...he is who he is. As I mentioned before...the guy's jersey is going up at Crypto eventually. Will be interesting to see how he handles that given how clear the bitterness is.

Back
Top Bottom