Quick to Vegas! (Confirmed)

The cult of Quickie on Kings Twitter will rage if he plays well. You think Blake is getting killed now, you ain't seen nothing if JQ plays well.

And Blake will deserve all the hate he gets.

I feel worse him going to the Knights, but glad that if the reported "he wanted to keep playing and didn't wanna retire" thing is true - then I'm not upset, just sad still, for no reason other than nostalgia, because it's true - I never wanted to see him on the ice this season, and personally would have played Copley nonstop.

I wonder if these 2 dudes coming in are.. worth what Quick garnered going from CBJ to VGK.

Will Quick be a starter in VGK? Did their goalie get injured? I don't keep up with things. I don't see him going from bench to bench.

Him wanting to play past this season is 100% different than doing him dirty like they did. We'd be sad yes but would understand.
The man is a warrior to the last. That's what makes the treatment he just got so hard to stomach.
Blake couldn't wait a few hours and do it in person like a man?

The Columbus Blue Jackets treated an L.A. Kings legend better than the L.A. Kings did.
Think about that.

FqPRxuuWIAYxbXk

The cult of Quickie on Kings Twitter will rage if he plays well. You think Blake is getting killed now, you ain't seen nothing if JQ plays well.

Ok, but how are you going to feel as a fan if Quick plays well for Vegas, but played like total crap for the Kings. Will you be mad at Blake and JQ, or?

Ok, but how are you going to feel as a fan if Quick plays well for Vegas, but played like total crap for the Kings. Will you be mad at Blake and JQ, or?

I would be mad at the team for playing like poop in front of Quick.

This was my worse case scenario. I don't care how bad Quickie has played. The way he found out about the trade, well, if Kings face him, I'll be worried. I hate Vegas.

Just stop.

I don't get the Blake haters. Blake's job is to do what is best for the organization. His loyalty must be to the organization. Quick wants to continue his career and it was crystal clear by how Quick has played this year that Blake wasn't going to resign Quick for two reasons. First, Quick doesn't want to be a backup and second Quick isn't going to take a very big cut in pay to be a back up, Quick wants to play and it just wasn't going to be with the Kings. Yes Quick was a big part of winning those two Cups and Kings fans will always be thankful and grateful to him for that. But his best was about 4 seasons ago and since then his play has deuterated. Blake got an opportunity to fill two spots that really need improvement and good for him to make the trade, it is best for the Kings. He couldn't have made this deal with Quick still on the books, cap wouldn't allow it. Plus they would have lost him for nothing, but instead he got a good return. It is business'.

My prediction: The first time VGK come into the Crypt (whether in the regular season or the playoffs) he will get a huge, well deserved ovation. Immediately followed by the Kings absolutely lighting him up.

Last edited:
This was my worse case scenario. I don't care how bad Quickie has played. The way he found out about the trade, well, if Kings face him, I'll be worried. I hate Vegas.

I don't understand the continued "the way he found out about the trade" stuff. Rob Blake called him direct to let him know...and no Blake probably could not have waited a few hours, otherwise it would have gotten out on the internet and JQ would have found out through the media...or you think Blake should have waited to pull the trigger on the trade until the next day? If that is the case then deal making is not part of your daily routine, deals are presented at that time, you wait and due to any circumstance, terms of a deal can change.

Imagine Chychrun's trade went through or Boston (who was after Gavrikov) made cap space...then the deal falls apart and you get neither of those players. Either or more of those scenarios occurs and trade falls apart, and Blake is scrambling to find another deal to make. Blake had his target's got his price and package and pulled the trigger when it was available to him. Way too many things could have happened over the next 12-18 hours that could have blown the trade up and left us holding the bag with 0 improvement for a roster that needed and got upgrades in 2 specific areas. Blake did nothing wrong.

Its possible that a situation sucks that was gone though where no one did anything wrong even though it sucks. If you want to blame anyone, blame father time, it's not the Kings D, and sure as heck is not Blake. Maybe JQ and Cal have a part in this as well, but it's also the dynamics of a business the players understand and are compensated well for.

JQ is still a King, nothing will change that, I dont care what sweater he is wearing!

I don't get the Blake haters. Blake's job is to do what is best for the organization. His loyalty must be to the organization. Quick wants to continue his career and it was crystal clear by how Quick has played this year that Blake wasn't going to resign Quick for two reasons. First, Quick doesn't want to be a backup and second Quick isn't going to take a very big cut in pay to be a back up, Quick wants to play and it just wasn't going to be with the Kings. Yes Quick was a big part of winning those two Cups and Kings fans will always be thankful and grateful to him for that. But his best was about 4 seasons ago and since then his play has deuterated. Blake got an opportunity to fill two spots that really need improvement and good for him to make the trade, it is best for the Kings. He couldn't have made this deal with Quick still on the books, cap wouldn't allow it. Plus they would have lost him for nothing, but instead he got a good return. It is business'.

^^^ This.

If Blake wanted to be an a55hole he could have sent JQ down to Ontario, or place him on waivers. "Why didn't he wait a few hours?" You have to pull the trigger on a deal like this as soon as it hits the table. If you don't, then the deal could have gone away.

We all watch the games, right? The odds of Quick playing well for Vegas are remote at best. Quick has been awful all season long. He's actually been a bottom 5 in GSAA for the past 5 years, with the exception of last season. He's been less explosive since the rash of groin injuries and I think that would explain the last 5 years being worse than his heyday. He's not bouncing back. The Knights were screwed in net with Thompson and Broissoit hurt. They needed a NHL vet, even if it was one having a bottom-3 season.

I just hope Blake does something useful with the cap space from this trade. Bring in JVR for pennies on the dollar or weaponize the space absorbing cap space for somebody else. But do something with it.

I think that the braintrust at the Golden Knights are hoping that JQ is going to be the second coming of Marc Andre Fleury, and I just don't see that happening. MAF was coming off a Stanley Cup championship season when Vegas got him as he was unprotected in the initial draft.

I think that the braintrust at the Golden Knights are hoping that JQ is going to be the second coming of Marc Andre Fleury, and I just don't see that happening. MAF was coming off a Stanley Cup championship season when Vegas got him as he was unprotected in the initial draft.

Allan Walsh isn't Quick's agent by any chance, is he?

MAF-impaled.jpg

Him wanting to play past this season is 100% different than doing him dirty like they did. We'd be sad yes but would understand.
The man is a warrior to the last. That's what makes the treatment he just got so hard to stomach.
Blake couldn't wait a few hours and do it in person like a man?

The Columbus Blue Jackets treated an L.A. Kings legend better than the L.A. Kings did.
Think about that.

It is hard to stomach with the Forever a King thing with Brown this year. Quick's just as big of a deal to the La Kings.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back