Talbot vs Copley

K-Man #32

#1 Kings fan In The World
Who gets your vote for our starter?

I say Talbot, I'm grateful for Copley last year but he just isn't the answer.

Talbot looks like the guy who can steer the ship in net. He seems steady and ready to regain a consistent starters role.

Your thoughts?

Go Kings Go!

Too early to say.

I feel Talbot. Copley, if last year while he was winning, did not look like he was in control of his game as much as I would have liked. Talbot looked good last night. I say Copley gets the start and if he falters, then maybe let Talbot have the next few games. Copley can then have another go in one of the "back to back" games.

After 10 games, I will give everyone my expert opinion. Whatever I do say, do the exact opposite as it worked in last nights game.

Its too early for this thread.

What if Copely is in net for next game and they score -1 goals?

what if

[insert long dumb story here]

and it's -2 goals? or even.. more?

or less?

then front office would have some serious questions to ask

I say the following with great confidence: neither Copley or Talbot will be raising the Cup over their heads after leading the Kings to glory. At least not as our starting G.

Limiting my answer to the question of who should start tonight, I think the answer is simple. You have to reward the game that Talbot put out there last night, so he should get the start. If he's clutch again, he earns another start. Average to poor games mean the other guy gets to ride the bull next game.

Hopefully, they both prove that we can expect at least average from them both consistently - this rubrik gives them both a shot to play and potentially get hot and earn more time, or cold and lose it.

Limiting my answer to the question of who should start tonight, I think the answer is simple. You have to reward the game that Talbot put out there last night, so he should get the start. If he's clutch again, he earns another start. Average to poor games mean the other guy gets to ride the bull next game.

Hopefully, they both prove that we can expect at least average from them both consistently - this rubrik gives them both a shot to play and potentially get hot and earn more time, or cold and lose it.
Definitely a valid approach to ride the hot hand and reward strong performance. Personally, though, I would start Copley and give both goalies and equal shot to impress over the first 10 or so games, then begin to ride the hot hand if a starter is not yet established.

Y’all know that Talbot is McClellans boy, right?

He’s going to wind up riding him like Zorro. Just hope it pans out.

Y’all know that Talbot is McClellans boy, right?

He’s going to wind up riding him like Zorro. Just hope it pans out.
Yep they have a history.

I have faith in Talbot since he is more proven. He just seems so steady and in control.

I'm forever grateful for Copley but I don't trust him.

Yep they have a history.

I have faith in Talbot since he is more proven. He just seems so steady and in control.

I'm forever grateful for Copley but I don't trust him.

Talbot flops around a lot. But he made some good saves last 2 games. He seems much smaller than Copley in net. I honestly think it's a toss-up if they're both at their A game. As long as they aren't letting in goals like the first 2 games I think we may be alright. I don't know if it's "healthy competition" to pull a guy as soon as he loses, which seems to be the plan - but we'll see how that goes. Todd places a lot on his relationship with players, so I think Talbot will get the majority solely because of that.

This version of Talbot is a legitimate NHL starter. It’s just uncertain if he can sustain this at this stage of his career. He does have one of the better defenses in his career in front of him so we will see.

Copley, with all due respect because he was good last season, is a high end backup in this league. So I would say it’s better for us if Talbot has this sort of renaissance.

Talbot's main issue is that he plays deep in the net which the Wild crew mentioned was how he was beat when he played for them. He is still positionally sound but he needs to be more aggressive. But, I'm confident he's good enough for this team.

How about this dude, who’s #1 in the league in both GAA and Save %?

IMG_1264.jpeg

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back