The All Things MLS, NWSL, USMNT/USWNT et al Thread

What?! wow!!

Isn't he like 35 or 36 now? and injury prone?
Regarding age, yes.
Regarding injury....yes-ish? Some say yes, some say on par with a player his age.

My understanding is that he would play as our #10, with Puig finally playing where he actually plays: #8.
Brugman / Cerrillo / Delgado at the #6. Being that Puig and Reus are "not the best at defending", Yamanne will stay more inside to help out (which he has shown to do quite a few times this season).

Others are saying he can play a false 9 role as well.

"If" Reus can stay healthy, he would solve the G's Achilles Heal: Puig.
Teams would no longer be able to smother Puig because Reus would be the similar creative threat. Two creatives on the pitch would be tough to defend with Pec and Painstil on the wings. The G's offensively would no longer feel the need to "pass Puig the ball from the back" and wait for Puig to dribble through the entire midfield.....the team would now have two offensive outlets in the midfield.

If Messi can still get it done, why not Reus?

Word is the contract is max TAM, for 18 months with a one year club option.

Regarding age, yes.
Regarding injury....yes-ish? Some say yes, some say on par with a player his age.

My understanding is that he would play as our #10, with Puig finally playing where he actually plays: #8.
Brugman / Cerrillo / Delgado at the #6. Being that Puig and Reus are "not the best at defending", Yamanne will stay more inside to help out (which he has shown to do quite a few times this season).

Others are saying he can play a false 9 role as well.

"If" Reus can stay healthy, he would solve the G's Achilles Heal: Puig.
Teams would no longer be able to smother Puig because Reus would be the similar creative threat. Two creatives on the pitch would be tough to defend with Pec and Painstil on the wings. The G's offensively would no longer feel the need to "pass Puig the ball from the back" and wait for Puig to dribble through the entire midfield.....the team would now have two offensive outlets in the midfield.

If Messi can still get it done, why not Reus?

Word is the contract is max TAM, for 18 months with a one year club option.
IF

Lewandowski to Galaxy rumors galore today.
Reuniting Reus and Lewandowski.

Crazy! I'm going to say it's all noise, because I can't see how Kuntz can get this done with all DP spots taken, and apparently Reus is max TAM.

I don't see a way that Pec or Paintsil could have their contracts brought to TAMwith longer contract lengths to open up a third DP spot....add to that Pec us a young DP, so it would screw up all the other U22's on the roster if he is not a young DP.

It would be amazing to have Reus and Lewandowski, as both would fill needs in the G's lineup, but contract wise, MLS rules still handcuff moves like this unfortunately.

However, Kuntz was involved in making the MLS rules, so he knows them inside and out, so if there is a way to do "something" Will would be THE guy who could make something happen.

MLS Cup 2025 - Lewandowski and Reus' Galaxy against Messi and CR7's Miami....if you believe the rag sheets

Like the kid, but he needs to play more, and the G's probably need to clear out space in the midfield for Reus.

Whoa massive Galaxy news...

LOS ANGELES Friday, June 14, 2024) – The LA Galaxy today announced that the club has signed forward Ruben Ramos Jr. on a Short-Term Agreement from MLS NEXT Pro affiliate Ventura County FC ahead of the MLS Regular Season match against Sporting Kansas City on Saturday, June 15

Pec had his match of the season!!!!!
Stellar performance!

Yamane’s cross the pitch pass to Pec on that goal was spectacular!

The team plays quite different without Puig.
It feels like they have more freedom to play the ball to other players. Diego was decent, and it was nice seeing him stay higher instead of Puig dropping so deep.

Yamanne’s play with Pec tonight was great.
Need more of that.

As for defending…..same woes….poor man marking…..really bad on yet another set piece….McCarthy gives up another goal by not coming out to get a ball…..seen all of the above too many times this season.

G’s could be contenders if not for the leaky defense.

3 points at home….Onward!

Clean sheet at home.
Undefeated at home.

Pec looking great (needs to use that right foot more)
Paintsil looking great.
Dejan keeps putting in goals.

Defense looking improved.

Dare I say the G’s are funnier to watch without Puig?!?!?

They sure move the ball around more to everyone when Puig is not there, and they are much faster on the counter without having to slow the game for Puig to dribble.

Don’t get me wrong, Puig is flat out amazing, but he is a bit of blessing and curse.

Nice to see they can play well without him.
I’m sure they will be even better when he comes back.

Onward to Salt Lake!

3 wins in a row!!! Oh my!

Beating the top team in the conference on the road at altitude!! Oh my!

Clean sheet on the road! Oh my!

Sure, if Chicho wasn’t injured, the G’s fortunes may have been different, but you play the cards that are dealt.

I gotta say something I have not said in many moons: Props to Vanney, he has put together a roster and strategy over the past 3 matches, and all this without a bunch of key players.

G’s on a roll!

That Pec and Jovelic combo/playmaking is fantastic! Pec is now outshining Paintsil.

I only wonder how the G’s will play when Brugman and Puig return to the lineup, because this current lineup is poppin!

Onward!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back