The Avengers/Marvel movies

No way man. That sequence made zero sense and had zero stakes. More faceless punchfests and endless 'splosions. For what? And why weren't the ever in free fall? For an aircraft that was supposedly in jeopardy of falling Out of the sky they all seemed awfully level and generally comfy.

See, for me all the stuff that was going on, Loki/Black Widow, Thor/Hulk, Coulson's sacrifice, etc. made that sequence better than the eventual cgi laden conclusion. Sure, the lead balloon shoulda dropped a little faster, still I thought as a whole the entire group of events worked really well.

superheroes-batman-superman-superheroes-dammit-hulk-calm-down.gif

Whedon Explains Why Bad Things Happened to Avengers Character ? Spinoff Online – TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

Although that may be a mystery, Whedon’s reasons for killing Agent Coulson is not. At a press junket for The Avengers, the director came clean, telling io9.com it was … someone else’s idea.

“In our first meeting [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige said, this is what we’re gonna do and I said, ‘Oh, but you have to go out there and tell everybody that it was your idea because this is going to get me so much ****. Because they are all going to be like, “Oh, he did it again!”‘ Whedon said. “It was stipulated from the beginning, and I completely agree that it was the right thing to do, and so did Clark, who said in the early days, when I was busy apologizing for it, ‘In a movie like this, with what’s going on if there isn’t some toll, it’s just irresponsible story telling.’”

Ok, you guys have posted gifs of 2 of the best scenes in the movie...why can't someone find me a reveal of Thanos so I can go all fanboy and squeeeeee repeatedly???? You're on the clock guys, starting...now.
not the greatest quality, but best I could find

jFoS6.gif

Loved the movie. Just loved it.

Doc is doing his classic contrarian shtick again. Might as well tell us all that the Kings are moving to Kansas.

Loved the movie. Just loved it.

Doc is doing his classic contrarian shtick again. Might as well tell us all that the Kings are moving to Kansas.

Before you go dismissing Doc's complaints I wasn't totally in love with it either. I liked it better than I expected simply because I had low expectations. A lot of Doc's points are valid. It was overly long and dragged at points. And, if I saw it again it might be a little more boring than I originally thought.

Biggest thing, the entire end set-piece was created on a friggin computer. So tired of seeing technically sterile cgi take the place of creative ART.

Are you talking Stark Tower? A lot of that was built. As for CGI taking the place of creative art, the same artists that designed and drew the interior (build) did the modeling for the exterior (set extension). If it felt CG, then perhaps the compositing could be better, but I'm not going to say it was bad cause I only saw it once and it didn't jump out at me, but I may just have not been paying it much attention.

I didn't hate it.

I just thought it was a comedy stuffed with incredibly boring action sequences.

Lose about 45 minutes of that flick and I'd probably love it more than toast.

I really love toast.

Back
Top Bottom