Booze The recommend-a-beer thread

O

Obediah

Lurker
I am telling you guys. One of the best beers out there is Bridgeport Pintail Ale

bp-brews-pintail03.jpg

Bev-mo carries it, it's the only way I know of to get it in CA

thanks. I'll have to pick that up today since I am low on beers. well, I have a few Fat Tires left but they apparently are undrinkable now.

is this the beginning of the Beer Of The Week thing?

BeerMan said:
thanks. I'll have to pick that up today since I am low on beers. well, I have a few Fat Tires left but they apparently are undrinkable now.

is this the beginning of the Beer Of The Week thing?
If you want to be in charge of the beer of the week....it's all yours. With your screename, it's a perfect fit!

Some quick picks of the day:

Amber:
Abita Amber
Abita Turbo Dog

Summer Wheat:
Erdinger Heffewiesen

Stout:
Rogue Shakespeare Stout

All this getting along and agreement is making me feel kind of freaked out. What's wrong with all you people? ;)

For a Pilsner, try the ones from Plzen, Czech Republic.

Pilsner Urquell and Czechvar are a couple you can find.

Fooferah said:
All this getting along and agreement is making me feel kind of freaked out. What's wrong with all you people? ;)
Food brings family together! :kicking: :yourbase:

kingsjohn said:
If you want to be in charge of the beer of the week....it's all yours. With your screename, it's a perfect fit!
ah I was waiting on Doug to start it up. apparently, this forum is his turf.

BeerMan said:
I will ask him, but I am sure he doesn't mind

BeerMan said:

Be my guest. I am going to start up something soon , but a beer of the week thread will enhance my plans. So go for it.

By the way, the Pintail Ale is an excellent start. I was up in Oregon last summer and brought an entire case back with me. I would put this beer near the top of my ratings.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

ipa.jpg

Nothing better for my money.

6.9% mother****ers!

DougW8 said:
Be my guest. I am going to start up something soon , but a beer of the week thread will enhance my plans. So go for it.
alright, starting next week, the special beer featuring... Corona.

j/k folks

DougW8 said:

By the way, the Pintail Ale is an excellent start. I was up in Oregon last summer and brought an entire case back with me. I would put this beer near the top of my ratings.
Bevo sells it as a seasonal brew.

Rebar71 said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

ipa.jpg

Nothing better for my money.

6.9% mother****ers!

Have you tried the Ruination version? I think it is better.

kingsjohn said:
Bevo sells it as a seasonal brew.

Now that there is one close, I can pick it up more often. In fact, that was my first purchase. I'll be up in Portland for a few days starting Sunday. I plan on sampling lots of brews while I'm there. Hope I can stay awake during my conference.

Back
Top Bottom