Booze The recommend-a-beer thread

Being that it is Friday and 3:00pm, I just cracked open a New Castle.

Mmmm Beeeer

I love beer fridays

I've got my eyes on a Brother Davids Triple Belgian-Style from Anderson Valley Brewing Company. I had the Double last weekend. Very tasty and very strong. The Triple weighs in at 10%.

Here are my favs:
grants%20hopzilla.gif
Rebar, you must try this if you like IPAs
Stone_Ruination_IPA-resized200.jpg

amber.jpg

Best Beer EVER is:
oaked.gif

Arrogant Ba$tard said:
Have you tried the Ruination version? I think it is better.
Of course I have. There isn't a beer made by Stone that I haven't tried. I like it too - I just wish they made it in a 6er.

A-FROGIRL said:
Best Beer EVER is:
oaked.gif
I have one of those (empty) bottles sitting next to my computer. My wife got it for me last X-mas. I savored it and drank it over three days.

Perhaps we need an LGK beer club. Here's a link to a place that will ship Bridgeport and other Northwest beers, but they advise that it is best to order large quanities, 5-6 cases. I have a loading dock right around the corner from my office, but I don't know how the unversity would feel about a shipment of beer. But check this place out:
http://www.belmont-station.com/bst_map.html

Another of the fine Bridgeport Ales which I brought home with every intention of sharing last year.

bp-brews-ropewalk.jpg

mitchrock said:
Don't be so mean. We rely on Az's Bud expertise.

LOL.

As far as Budweiser goes, I could take it or leave it. It's an ok beer to throw in the mix every now and then but it's not what I normally drink. Too much of that stuff gives me nasty headaches the next day so if I'm drinking to drink a lot I go with Sam Adams or a Miller product. If I can only have 6 or so then i'll go import (New Castle, Heineken, San Miguel, San Miguel Dark).

There are much nasteir beers out there than Budweiser. BTW it's not an urban myth about the Czech origins.

DougW8 said:
Perhaps we need an LGK beer club. Here's a link to a place that will ship Bridgeport and other Northwest beers, but they advise that it is best to order large quanities, 5-6 cases. I have a loading dock right around the corner from my office, but I don't know how the unversity would feel about a shipment of beer. But check this place out:

If we do that I'll buy a case or two and give it a shot.

If I get two, you get one, and KJ gets one, then we have 4 total cases. I'm sure others would do it too.

just got back from BevMo.

the only Bridgeport they have in stock are the IPA and the Pintail Copper Ale. I grabbed the IPA.

I also picked up Dixie Beer (slow brewed). I've had their Blackened Voodoo and the Crimson. both are great. I had the Dixie Beer in a rib place, of which did not impress me at all, thus I've forgotten about how the beer went.

somehow, a bottle of Stone's Ruination IPA followed me home.

with any luck, the reviews will be up at the end of the weekend.

cheers!

BeerMan said:

the only Bridgeport they have in stock are the IPA and the Pintail Copper Ale. I grabbed the IPA.

I also picked up Dixie Beer (slow brewed). I've had their Blackened Voodoo and the Crimson. both are great. I had the Dixie Beer in a rib place, of which did not impress me at all, thus I've forgotten about how the beer went.

cheers!

I really like the Bridgeport IPA, it wins top homors at a lot of brewfests all over the world. The Pintail Ale is every bit as good as KJ said.

DougW8 said:
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

BeerMan said:

cheers!
Their IPA is damn good, but the Pintail is their best beer. Be sure ot grab some Pintail next time

Those are the only two Bridgepors you will find at Bevmo

Pintail Copper Ale? not exactly what you were talking about in the first place, but yeah I'll pick that up next time.

DougW8 said:

Sign me up for the LGK Beer Club. A-FRODOG will be the mascot.
07-17-05_2124.jpg

Alesmith X Ipa is pretty good stuff that they brew locally here in San Diego as well worth a shot if you like real hoppy beers like Stone.

Back
Top Bottom