Booze The recommend-a-beer thread

Meh. Stone IPA variants are all starting to taste similar to me.

Stone-Vengeful-Spirit-IPA-22-Ounce-Bottle-Label-Feature.jpg

I've already been IPA'd out at Stone, too. ok, I'm mostly burnt out on their ever-changing IPA line ups that I can't remember what their other IPAs were like. if a couple of them were any good enough for me to resume drinking those, then it'd be too late cuz they'd be for short terms which I deem bull****. if they're any good, why the **** not keep making those?

Enjoying this one right now. They used a crap ton of spices however it's fairly mild to my tastes. I can't seem to pick out much of the individual spices aside from anise however I'm enjoying this one nonetheless. Surprising, since I'm not a huge fan of anise.
mtrud.jpg

question for y'all: do you prefer beer in a chilled mug or warm mug?

Room temp glass. I actually prefer most if not all my beers around room temp, say 60-70 degrees if not warmer (cheap domestics like Bud/Coors I need colder). I understand this is freaky to others but just my preference.

Lagers, pilsners and ciders in a chilled glass, all others in a room temperature glass.

2 of the 3 are banned from this household (ciders for the wench), so I guess I'll go the unchilled mugs route.

Room temp glass. I actually prefer most if not all my beers around room temp, say 60-70 degrees if not warmer (cheap domestics like Bud/Coors I need colder). I understand this is freaky to others but just my preference.

not freaky. I was mortified at the thought of cold beers in warm mugs. I still can't wrap my head around that notion.

2 of the 3 are banned from this household (ciders for the wench), so I guess I'll go the unchilled mugs route.
Yuengling Lager might change your mind on Lagers, but you have to go east to find it. New craft cider house in Claremont, right across the parking lot from Claremont Craft Ales. Might be just the ticket to keep the entire household happy.

I would just like to report that KRBC Class V stout is just as good as I remember it. Sadly, no, I'm not at the brewery. Just drinking a bottle.

you can find a bottle or a 6er of some of KRBC's finest at a local mart if you're lucky. we just polished off a pack of River Buddy.

Sprouts had a 6'er of Karl Strauss Aurora Hoppyalis for 8.99 so figured why not and was pleasantly impressed with it! Got the Hazy Little Thing from Costco today, will get into next weekend. I also saw a case of Sierra Nevada's Hop Bullet but didn't really want 24 Double IPA's in the fridge, would take a long time to get through all that. Hopefully they will have a 24 oz release of it.

Sierras hazy isn't bad. Its not a true new England ipa but it's close

This should pair well with the furniture I have to assemble tonight right?

20180216_072718.jpg

This should pair well with the furniture I have to assemble tonight right?

20180216_072718.jpg
Five Threads sounds like a beer that would be sold at that old club in Hollywood called the Knitting Factory.

My buddy's co-ed soccer team has a monthly beer party* where everyone brings a six pack of beer they've never tried before and they do a tasting. Since some of you guys are friendies in real life, that might be your kind of fun.

*not on the team, not invited. =( Playing co-ed soccer on a Sunday morning not worth the party.

Five Threads sounds like a beer that would be sold at that old club in Hollywood called the Knitting Factory.

My buddy's co-ed soccer team has a monthly beer party* where everyone brings a six pack of beer they've never tried before and they do a tasting. Since some of you guys are friendies in real life, that might be your kind of fun.

*not on the team, not invited. =( Playing co-ed soccer on a Sunday morning not worth the party.

There is also a brewery called 3 weavers

If I didn't just get back from 5 days in New Orleans, I'd be at my local watering hole right now:

PLINY THE YOUNGER will be on tap and available today starting at noon! We also have Pliny The Elder, Revision Suckerfish triple IPA, PfRiem Triple IPA,.and Russian River Suplication! Get here!

Most of the places I frequent got some. I just don't care to deal with a crowd of people to get some beer.

Most of the places I frequent got some. I just don't care to deal with a crowd of people to get some beer.

True - but the nice part of living in a small town is that last time they tapped one the line was about 15 people to start with. Still blew the keg in an hour or so as more people trickled in but not like I've heard at other places with stupid long lines.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom