Booze The recommend-a-beer thread

Df6fvGeVMAAGRXx

Just picked up a 4-pack of this collaboration between Claremont Craft Ales and Bottle Logic. Nice double IPA loaded with fruit and piney IPA flavor. Just released this week for LA Beer week, and should be available in some stores starting tomorrow. Meanwhile, it is available on tap and in cans at Claremont and possibly Bottle Logic.

It could just be that I'm biased because I really enjoy KRBC, but this is one of the best Belgian style dark ales I've had from an American brewery.
2ajxlaw.jpg

I have that in the fridge as well as the Sock'em Dog. I had the Igor Unchained a while back. iirc, it was an helluva heavy swill. I wouldn't mind having that again.

17632028_1430544403683140_897874857530522997_o-770x432.png

This beer post is shame based, I tried as a lark and fell fast and hard. Tamarind, chipotle chili, tomato,lime, salt..what is happening? Is this even beer? Probably not. It has been my go to drink of the summer and I regret nothing. If you're oddly confident with your beer snobbery status or are a swim against the stream kind of person, give it a try. Added bonus, every time i drink it my dreams involve distant and beautiful tropical lands. The secret ingredient may be Bourdain's ashes (too soon? Tony would have laughed, relax), nothing is confirmed though.

I'm the type that would rather make a michelada than have one in a ready-made can, but if it floats your boat have at it. I don't give two craps what you pour down your gullet nor should you give two craps what I pour down mine.

I used to be snobbish about beer. Then I pulled my head out my ass.

I'm the type that would rather make a michelada than have one in a ready-made can, but if it floats your boat have at it. I don't give two craps what you pour down your gullet nor should you give two craps what I pour down mine.

I used to be snobbish about beer. Then I pulled my head out my ass.

Heh. Easy UG I am being lovingly sardonic. No judgement. I'm a little cross faded so maybe posting was a bad idea. Just goofing around and 'trying' to fit in. *Smile* Keep having fun.

As an aside: all I have in my fridge is ponzu and pesto. Not sure that plus any alcohol would be tasty, although on salmon, that sounds delicious. Action Bronson would feel me.

queens-head-inn-at-kettlesing.jpg

If you're ever in England, and stumble into a pub which serves this stuff, I highly recommend trying it. It's hard to find on tap even in the UK, so I'm posting as a "just in case." You can find it in bottles here, but it doesn't come in bottles or cans with the nitrogen widget, so it doesn't taste anything like what it tastes like coming out of a tap.

And I'm sure a lot of you have tried Murphy's. It's pretty good beer, and they have the best commercials.

Well, maybe not the best

Last edited:
I've been to Ireland twice and have had my share of Guinness, Murphy's, and Beamish. My preference is still Guinness but I would be happy with a pint of any Irish stout.

I was in Alaska last month. While in Juneau, and after a lot of hiking and walking, I asked a local for the best fish and chips restaurant. He told me where to go (Hangar on the Wharf - thanks Tim!!). We plopped down, ordered the fish and chips (a-****ing-mazing) and I told the waitress, "give me your darkest, strongest beer." She gave me this:

IMG_0502.jpg

I definitely recommend (on tap if you can find it). Two glasses of this stuff had me feeling ship shape. Now I just need to find a local supply...

My sister sent me a sixer of this stuff. Went to the brewery when I was in the Dallas area and this was one of the few beers that stood out to me.

20180815_170045.jpg

My buddy brought a 4-pack of this over a couple weeks ago. I'd seen it many times but always passed it assuming it was some mediocre lager. I was wrong. It's a solid British style pub ale that one could stay on all day long. Good stuff.
23ifleh.jpg

I just tried this. I also thought it was just a novelty beer but I liked it.

Who had Kings & Convicts purchasing Ballast Point from Constellation Brands?

Who had Kings & Convicts purchasing Ballast Point from Constellation Brands?

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/12/10/constellation-brands-selling-ballast-point-proves.aspx

According to this article, Constellation bought Ballast Point for $1 Billion but sold it for an undisclosed sum & in their quarterly filing they valued it at $17 Million. That’s a pretty shocking drop, although maybe it’s just that they severely overpaid for it. The good news is that it could go back to being a craft brewer & not under some corporate overlords. I wonder if this is going to affect all the Ballast Point pub/restaurants that popped up since Constellation bought them.

Back
Top Bottom