Groceries The semi-irregular "Cool stuff at Trader Joe's" thread

G

Genghis John

Lurker
I am addicted to the Sublime Ice cream sandwiches. They are like little Chipwiches.

They are carrying a pretty good selection of Nitrate free cold cuts and meats now too. The Ham is excellent and I had a piece of kielbasa last week that was down right tasty.

The German - not Italian - made Proscuitto with Triple Cream Brie cheese and pan rustique bread. Delicious combination.

they have chocolate croissants in the freezer section that taste just like the ones you get at a french bakery... here in the States.

i also get the nitrate free bacon.

and they're the only grocery store around me that carries cr?me fra?che.

I can vouch for Go that the Garlic Pan Rustique is very very good. I can see it being a good fit with the Brie. Ive never had it with those items but have made a sundried tomato/caper confit that was very tasty.

I also buy my scotch there

15 year old Glenlivet for 29.99. A bottle of that at Bevmo is $36.99

Those chocolate croissants are good!

I like the nitrate-free hot dogs with the pinjur sauce.

The chocolate croissants are very good. The Some Crust Bakery in Claremont has always been the benchmark for me, but these are their equal.

I got all four of the TJ's organic chocolate bars to try. Oddly, Milk Chocolate Truffle was my favorite.

And I keep buying the Silver Cloud Shiraz for $2.99. It has screw off cap. It's inoffensive and portable, I mean, heh, um...it's good!

It's kind of a hike to go to TJs from downtown LA.

We have a Japanese Supermarket, though.

I'll wait for that thread.

I got all four of the TJ's organic chocolate bars to try. Oddly, Milk Chocolate Truffle was my favorite.

And I keep buying the Silver Cloud Shiraz for $2.99. It has screw off cap. It's inoffensive and portable, I mean, heh, um...it's good!

It's kind of a hike to go to TJs from downtown LA.

We have a Japanese Supermarket, though.

I'll wait for that thread.

Do you go to Mitsuwa or Marukai? Cause I go to both.

Kobe beef strips. YUM!
Fresh lychee fruit (in season)
green tea from the green tea stand. Plus I'll buy that Yamamotoyama (yomama) Iced Green Tea there too.
Sushi stand is good too.
Poki sticks.

Shinsangumi(sp?)stand for chicken skin on a stick at Murakai in Gardena close to work.
Sushi Boy at Murakai.

Mitsua is closer to home so I go for necessities like tampons, green tea (bags, sometimes the powder and usually the big bottle by Kirin). They also have a big lemon drink I get.

Green tea and chocolate Ice cream bars. I don't have a freezer so I have to share or eat them all.

Man Pocky rules.

I don't actually buy groceries and cook at home.
I usually just eat at the neighborhood joints on weekends because lunch is provided here at work.

Johnny Rockets is moving in to First and Central. I am so looking forward to that.

Do you go to Mitsuwa or Marukai? Cause I go to both.

Kobe beef strips. YUM!
Fresh lychee fruit (in season)
green tea from the green tea stand. Plus I'll buy that Yamamotoyama (yomama) Iced Green Tea there too.
Sushi stand is good too.
Poki sticks.

I will be looking for the beef strips and the tea.
Mitsua just got a Beard Poppas so I'm happy about that!

I love the kobe beef strips for making gyudon (beef bowl) and sometimes shabu shau at home. I guess it's more like paper thin slices than strips.

Have I mentioned that I'm off my raw food kick? ;)

I like their Estonian Black Sea vodka. probably not the best tasting vodka, but the bottle is pretty nice

I work at one.

if you have any questions, about products or anything else TJ's related, fire away.

wine rec: the 6.99 Novella Synergy from Paso Robles.

****ing unreal. our entire store loves it, and thats pretty rare. We're pretty much split down the middle on stuff like Velvet Moon.

they got some great garlic herb pizza dough, ill usually put some crushed garlic, yogurt cheese, goat cheese, zuchini, tomatos and basil on this and make some killer veggie pizza

and you cant go wrong with hummus

yeah. Im actually heating up our frozen garlic naan right now to have with our med hummus for dinner.

pretty tasty.

I have the whole wheat pizza dough on occasion as the wife cant eat garlic.

buncha health nuts.

I wish I had a TJs out here in the 909. I guess Im going to have to move to a higher rent zip code if I wanna be cool.

yeah. Im actually heating up our frozen garlic naan right now to have with our med hummus for dinner.

pretty tasty.

I have the whole wheat pizza dough on occasion as the wife cant eat garlic.

man i would be bummed, i think 2/3s of the dishes i make have some sort of garlic product in them

Back
Top Bottom