Trade Quick? Yep!

HTK

3rd Line Winger
So I have a trade idea. Trade Quick to Edmonton for two firsts or first and a prospect.

Quick saves us $5.8M this year.

We take the $5.8m saved and our remaining cap and sign Forsberg or Gadreau at $10m x 7 years.

I realize a full season of Peterson is a gamble? but it sure would be a fun season.

I fully expect LGK to flame 🔥 away. Be gentle.

Trade Quick to save five million - which we will then need to get a goalie that won’t be as good for the playoffs because Petersen isn’t ready. Can’t see any reason why not.

The Petersen contract is the one worry I have that Blake wasted cap space. Would love to be proven wrong this year.

We have Quick for one more year. He won't be making 5.8 million with us again. If he is the Quick he was in the playoffs, we are good.

I still do not trust Cal.

But if I need a car or truck, I go see Cal. If I am looking for a deal, try a Ford or Oldsmobile, go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal.

We have Quick for one more year. He won't be making 5.8 million with us again. If he is the Quick he was in the playoffs, we are good.

I still do not trust Cal.

But if I need a car or truck, I go see Cal. If I am looking for a deal, try a Ford or Oldsmobile, go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal.

Right? ;)

screenshot-80-e1621995974125.png

5.8 m is what he is getting to be our starter until proven otherwise and that hasn't happened. In that context, it's not that bad. And he might be around longer, but yeah, not at that price, so we'll get some relief next season. ;)

The Petersen contract is the one worry I have that Blake wasted cap space. Would love to be proven wrong this year.

Well one should go. Can?t spend 11m on two goalies. Peterson can?t be moved. So it has to be quick. Trading quick would make Peterson?s game elevate.

I think the odds of getting injured this year for quick are extremely high. Better to sell high while we have a chance

Trade Quick to save five million - which we will then need to get a goalie that won’t be as good for the playoffs because Petersen isn’t ready. Can’t see any reason why not.

only way to get Peterson ready is to play him.

Quick is not getting this return.. Not even close.

Roll Quick and Cal again to see which one takes the leap towards what we hope is another post season. If Cal doesn’t progress then Blake needs to address the situation next summer…

I'm with the others, it's absurd from the any perspective. You're not going to get a first in the 2023 draft for Quick, let alone plus plus. Let him see his jersey hung and retire with dignity as he deserves. Players are not poker chips; their value is not as simple as wins/$. Quick is a huge morale guy, worth way more than the potential savings for the 2nd+ which would be the return. Simply stated, he's worth much more to the Kings than he would be to any other team.

Maybe it would be a yes from the front office assuming they're dismissing the team chemistry, but no from the Oilers, no from Quick, no from the team, no from the fans. It takes guts to put a post like this out there, so I'm not trying to beat you up too much, but there's no way anything like this trade happens...not a chance, not even close.

October can't get here soon enough.

I'm with the others, it's absurd from the any perspective. You're not going to get a first in the 2023 draft for Quick, let alone plus plus. Let him see his jersey hung and retire with dignity as he deserves. Players are not poker chips; their value is not as simple as wins/$. Quick is a huge morale guy, worth way more than the potential savings for the 2nd+ which would be the return. Simply stated, he's worth much more to the Kings than he would be to any other team.

Maybe it would be a yes from the front office assuming they're dismissing the team chemistry, but no from the Oilers, no from Quick, no from the team, no from the fans. It takes guts to put a post like this out there, so I'm not trying to beat you up too much, but there's no way anything like this trade happens...not a chance, not even close.

October can't get here soon enough.

You know what builds chemistry? Winning! Quick being traded and signing a star would send a message to the team. This team can’t take down Colorado unless the kids take a major step up. It’s time to be bold.

Last edited:
You know what builds chemistry? Winning! Quick being traded and signing a star would send a message to the team. This team can’t take down Colorado unless the kids take a major step up. It’s time to be bold.

Which goaltender led the team with a 23-13 record last year and to the playoffs? Isn't that the winning that builds identity? Plugging a foreign $5.5m goalie into the system is like changing one tire when they're all bald...and replacing the one Michelin with a General. Sometimes being bold is being patient and accepting the fact that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's no question that Quick isn't the goalie of the future, but it would be silly for the Kings to trade him for what they'd get back. If it was 2 firsts, the Kings would be all over that, but if EDM gave up 2 firsts for Quick they'd burn Rogers Arena to the ground and p*ss on the ashes. Is trading your heart-and-soul goaltender for a mid-range outsider wise? Most would say no.

The solution isn't trading the foundation of the team; it's building around that foundation until the goaltender of the future steps up, or the team is so ****ing good aside from the 'tending that it's a glaring issue. Fact is, it's the opposite.

Sometimes it's best to realize the hole you've dug is deep enough and put the shovel down. That's bold.

Quick has the compete level that has kept him in the crease. I posted the Cal Petersen signing when it broke and stated at that time "i was not sold on cal" and still not. There have been many goalies that have come thru since: Bernier, Kuemper, Budaj, Jones, Huet, Campbell, Scrivens, Garon, Enroth.... and maybe a cpl others. Although Kuemper won the cup, i believe some of the analysts questioned whether he would/should start in the finals. Jones fell apart after the 1st yr. i think in san jose. i see cal in the same vain as all the predecessors. he may be good, but i dont see him as good enough to get us the cup. hard to explain. just my opinion from watching him play at the crypto this past season wrt to the really bad goals and plays he made that ended up in the net.

Im rooting for the guy because the kings gave him 3 yrs and he is the man unless they re-sign quick past this yr.

Quick is not getting this return.. Not even close.

Roll Quick and Cal again to see which one takes the leap towards what we hope is another post season. If Cal doesn?t progress then Blake needs to address the situation next summer?

^^^^^^^

Goalies are ridiculously undervalued/paid via trade. Quick would maybe fetch a 2nd rounder and salary dump player at best. Let him stay in LA and retire a career-long King with rafter celebrations as he's earned.

I don't know much about hockey as you're about to see, but don't we first need to bring our defensive unit as up to scratch as we feel we can (from those that are available) or can afford? Get Drew Doughty back hopefully regularly and then bring in the other big, solid defenceman many are saying we need? The goalies are naturally a big part of the defence, but surely the better the defensive players in front of them are, the less really difficult saves they should be called upon to make and the greater the chance of them keeping the puck out of the back of the net. You can surely only judge the goalies, both established and developing, in the context of the overall quality of the guys in front of them and the defensive systems employed by the coaches. I'm not talking about the perfect world. I'm talking about getting a whole lot closer to the perfect world than we feel we are now before judging the goalies' performance in relative isolation. Just my $0.75 worth.

You know what builds chemistry? Winning! Quick being traded and signing a star would send a message to the team. This team can?t take down Colorado unless the kids take a major step up. It?s time to be bold.

The Kings are years away from taking down a team like Colorado. Just like how long it took Colorado to get to where they are now. A good book to read is Baby Steps, by Leo Marvin

Two things:

1) You ain't getting that kind of return for Quick.

2) I hear this is Quick's last year on the contract. If so, who cares what he is being paid. It's one more season. Besides that he's pretty good in the playoffs and we might need him.

I think you keep him

jom

Bad asset management is when you hold onto players and receive nothing in return. Letting them walk for nothing is a shame. I say loyalty is over rated. I also think Edmonton would give up a first for Quick. They are desperate.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back