Crypto-logo-175-for-real.png
| Los Angeles, CA

Previous Meeting

10/22/22 — Kings 3, Capitals 4

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G65P2.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Joonas Korpisalo (video), Matt Roy, & Todd McLellan 3/4 Post Game Quotes

Watch Joonas Korpisalo’s Post Game Interview Here

Matt Roy on the differences between playing with a left-shot partner versus a right-shot partner
I’m not sure really, [Gavrikov] and Durz are completely different players. They both bring different aspects to the game, in a positive way. It was nice playing with Gav today, he seems like a quiet player in a good way, he’s always in position, he’s always doing the right things, he’s got a great stick. He just kind of makes it easy to play with.
Roy on partnering with Gavrikov, who is a “like-minded” player
Yeah, I think so. I’m still learning about him as a player, but he was not afraid to jump in the rush just like I am and he focuses on defense as well. I think it was a nice complement out there and I’m excited to see what else he has.
Roy on the comfort level of the group playing in one-goal games
Well, I think we’re learning. We’ve kind of shown that in the past but I think moving forward we’re going to have some confidence and like I said, we know we need to lock it down and win the game, so that’s what we’re going to do.

Todd McLellan on Joonas Korpisalo’s debut with the Kings tonight
I thought he looked really confident. It’s not easy to play with a new team, not understanding the calls or touches, what may or may not happen. I think part of goaltending is predictability and you’re coming into a situation where you don’t really know the team at all. He made some really good saves, I think of the deflection in the second period, a slot shot from behind our net. He figured out the penalty kill, where we’re rotating to and the things that we need to do, so he looked really good.
McLellan on the team’s comfort level playing in one-goal games
I think we are comfortable. It would be nice not to be in that situation, but we’re comfortable on both sides of it. We believe we can come back, we’ve shown that, and we do believe we can hold the lead. There’s no such thing as perfect, we’ve been bitten a little bit there too. I think that our goaltending is solid, our D know what they need to do and our forwards, for the most part, get the job done. For as much as you’d like to win 5-0 each night, playing in these games once they’re over and you do win it is probably good for us.
McLellan on the play of the Gavrikov – Roy pairing tonight
I thought they both played solid games. They killed plays when they needed to kill plays. I saw some offensive instincts in Gavrikov tonight, where he jumped in and went to holes and created or kept alive some offensive plays, I was told he has that in his game. On the other hand, we broke up a pretty good pair in Durzi and Roy. I think tonight we saw Durzi in a different position, that he should be used to but isn’t, and now he has to retrieve a lot more and that has to get polished up. As we’re trying to tinker around, we help one and maybe hinder the other, but we want everybody flexible so that they can play in and out of the lineup.
McLellan on Gabe Vilardi impacting two straight games with high-skill plays for goals
Yeah, and I’d even argue three games, if you think about the play he made in Winnipeg. It’s not an easy thing, you’ve got to have real good hands and while you’re doing everything, you’ve got to have a sense of what’s going on around you, so your awareness is still alive and you’re not just looking at the puck. He’s got those hands they’ve been in those gloves and they’ve been in our organization for a long time. He’s getting to use them a lot more and he looks good doing it.
McLellan on special teams making the difference late in the game
I think these are the kinds of games we’re gonna see as we get closer to the end of the year. Tight-checking, not a lot of space, kind of slugging it out the corners and in tight areas and we have to be able to play on both sides of that, with or without the puck. Then, the special teams come into play. Obviously our penalty kill did a really good job tonight, our power play got us the win, yet put us in a situation where we needed one, so that was a little disappointing. A combination game tonight, probably.

showimage.php

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

G64KF.png

G64KD.png

G64KG.png

Kings Injuries

Trevor Moore (D2D)

Capitals Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

G65CF.png

G65CD.png

G65CG.png

G65CI.png

Former Kings

NIc Dowd
8475343.jpg

Carl Hagelin (IR)
8474176.jpg

Darcy Kuemper
8475311.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G65GSK.png

G65GSC.png

G65P1.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

2023-G65-Capitals-Home-Player-Stats.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

G65-WConf-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - How many TOTAL GOALS will be scored by BOTH TEAMS in tonight’s game?
You can take 2 guesses

Part 2 - Which player is going to score the FIRST GOAL of the game by either team?
You can take up to 6 guesses - split them up between the teams however you’d like, but you MUST PICK AT LEAST 1 PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM (you can't pick all 6 from 1 team)

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the only 2 posters who correctly guessed the Kings goalie would make 24 saves in the previous game:

twistedwrister (1st time winner!)
empire

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 51 points:

VegasHockey

45 Points

LeftyKing
Rusty
srm1105

44 Points

Kurisu
sonnyboy11

43 Points

42 Points

hornman

41 Points

John a90

40 Points

AngelEyes
Bill Hicks

39 Points

pray4mojo

38 Points

DRGinLBC

37 Points

DRice
randdog

36 Points

forum gold
Liz4LA
SirJW

35 Points

beady eye
TooCool

34 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
CIrvine
Helvetica

33 Points

jammer 06

32 Points

31 Points

30 Points

Nyssa42

29 Points

28 Points

27 Points

dannybuoy1
notbob
Rogie-Vachon

26 Points

Clif
empire

25 Points

JETS GARAGE

24 Points

23 Points

hihocarp
KHenry14
Sevenhole

22 Points

21 Points

20 Points

JayWells24
kingsmen93

19 Points

waynet

18 Points

RoS

17 Points

Dr. Tran
kingrussell

16 Points

Shackleford

15 Points

Byron

14 Points

13 Points

Cross Traffic

12 Points

11 Points

Busted Chops

10 Points

kopinator

9 Points

Dirtweazle

8 Points

7 Points

6 Points

beedee

5 Points

4 Points

3 Points

Dexter
HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
PuckMaster
SaltyPuck

1 Point

HiFi
Ice24
jneol67
mugs
RagBone
Rinkrat
twistedwrister

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G65P3.png

Last edited:
3 or 5 total goals.

Kempe
Kopitar
Gavrikov

Ovechkin
Oshie
van Riemsdyk

Six or seven goals.
Kempe.
Kopitar.
Grundstrom.
Kaliyev.
Lizotte.
Milano.

5 or 7

Lizotte
Arvidsson
Kopitar
Fiala

Oshie
Kuznetzov

5 or 7 goals

Kopitar
Kempe
Fiala

Ovechkin
Backstrom
Oshie

GO KINGS GO !!!

6 or 7 goals
Fiala
Arvidsson
Byfield
Vilardi
Ovechkin
Backstrom

5 or 6 goals

Kempe
Kopitar
Ardvidsson
Ovechkin
Oshie
Sheary

GKG!!!

5 or 6 goals

Kopitar
Kempe
Fiala

Ovechkin
Backstrom
Oshie

GO KINGS GO !!!

GettyImages-1125751896.jpg

4 or 6 goals

Kopitar
Danault
Vilardi
Arvidsson

Ovechkin
Strome

4 or 6 total goals.

First goal:
Kempe
Kopitar
Fiala
Ovechkin
Mancha
Strome .

I - 4 or 5
II - Kempe, Ovechkin, Vilardi, Kopi, Oshie, Fiala

This is why you play the game! Play against good teams with elite players. Let's see how the Kings respond.

Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!!

5-1 Kongs
3-2 Capitals

Kempe
Iafallo
Byfield

Ovechkin
Dowd
Wilson

Not :melf:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.