Where to get the jerseys numbered and lettered properly?

K

King Smokey

Lurker
I know its been asked again and again, but I did a search and didn't see any old thread. I just got a jersey from that great sale and now I need it numbered, lettered, and patched. Where is the best place?

P.S... I'm in Huntington Beach so if there's one in OC I'd try it, but I am not afraid to send it somewhere to get done.

Thanks for any leads.

King kc:

[MENTION=6954]lunchbox[/MENTION] got hers done at the Dick's Sporting Goods at the Tustin Marketplace. The department that does it is open from 9-5, give them a shout.

^ +1. I had my wife's jersey (Kyle Clifford) done at the kiosk, as well as mine. We opted for heat press, dropped off before the game, was ready by the 2nd intermission. I also had one done at HockeyMonkey in Irvine for my wife (Willie Mitchell), it was sewn on. My buddy was a supervisor there so I got a great price for the jersey and numbering/lettering.

Bobcat athletic is the guy who does it for the kings... So I'd say him?

I just got a blank authentic, and plan on taking it to him to get it numbered, lettered and adding a SC Champs patch (leaning towards getting Williams). I'll report back on it once it's done, but he's been answering my emails and such in the meantime.

Bobcat athletic is the guy who does it for the kings... So I'd say him?

He does great work.

I just got a blank authentic, and plan on taking it to him to get it numbered, lettered and adding a SC Champs patch (leaning towards getting Williams). I'll report back on it once it's done, but he's been answering my emails and such in the meantime.

I had trouble getting the slew of jersey's I sent him done, but it did happen during the lockout.

Thanks guys. All my jerseys so far are authentic and I was soooo close to buying a chinese one but I read that the colors aren't perfect or the patches are the wrong size..... This one is too important to me to not be correct. I emailed bobcat athletics and I will double check with hockey monkey because I know a bunch of people there...

I'm going to eventually get a Brown from 2012 but for this one, I am going to get either Kopitar or Williams. Not sure yet...

[MENTION=6954]lunchbox[/MENTION] got hers done at the Dick's Sporting Goods at the Tustin Marketplace. The department that does it is open from 9-5, give them a shout.

ya, i got it done at the dick's down in tustin. i live in HB also, but the HB location doesn't do it.
dick's in the tustin marketplace has a jersey customization office in the back that's open M-F, 9a-5p.
prices are as follows--
$9 for heat press + $50 if they have to order the NHL kit (which is likely).
$45 for hand stitching + $50 for NHL kit + tax = $102 for the throwback jersey i had done.
add $5 if you want the letters stitched onto a name plate like the authentic game worns have.
i'm pretty sure they do the heat pressing in house. they send the jerseys out to get stitched, but there is no extra shipping cost.
UNLESS all you want stitched on is the cup final/champ patch. that's $3 for the stitching and $5 for shipping. otherwise, they'd lose $ if they didn't charge the shipping fee on a small job like that.

i'm pretty happy with my jersey. they also did my moller jersey about 5 yrs ago.

ya, i got it done at the dick's down in tustin. i live in HB also, but the HB location doesn't do it.
dick's in the tustin marketplace has a jersey customization office in the back that's open M-F, 9a-5p.
prices are as follows--
$9 for heat press + $50 if they have to order the NHL kit (which is likely).
$45 for hand stitching + $50 for NHL kit + tax = $102 for the throwback jersey i had done.
add $5 if you want the letters stitched onto a name plate like the authentic game worns have.
i'm pretty sure they do the heat pressing in house. they send the jerseys out to get stitched, but there is no extra shipping cost.
UNLESS all you want stitched on is the cup final/champ patch. that's $3 for the stitching and $5 for shipping. otherwise, they'd lose $ if they didn't charge the shipping fee on a small job like that.

i'm pretty happy with my jersey. they also did my moller jersey about 5 yrs ago.
The authentic game worns do not have a namplate. The letters are sewn directly onto the jersey.

The authentic game worns do not have a namplate. The letters are sewn directly onto the jersey.

my bad. they offered it to me, going off a model on their computer similar to this:
KingsThrowbackRendering.png

i declined though because i couldn't remember either way, mine's not an authentic and i actually don't like the look of the name plate. so my letters are sewn on individually.

here's a pic I had posted in another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where exactly does one go in the Tustin Dick's for jersey lettering?

is this a byprocuck of them switching to the newer Rebok jerseys a few year ago?
If I remember correctly, the 1st 2 years of the Reebok Edge jerseys had nameplates (2007/08, 2008/09) after that the letters were sewn directly onto the jersey.

Thanks guys. All my jerseys so far are authentic and I was soooo close to buying a chinese one but I read that the colors aren't perfect or the patches are the wrong size..... This one is too important to me to not be correct. I emailed bobcat athletics and I will double check with hockey monkey because I know a bunch of people there...

I'm going to eventually get a Brown from 2012 but for this one, I am going to get either Kopitar or Williams. Not sure yet...

Are you referring to the Indonesia jerseys? I just bought an 'AUTHENTIC' from the TEAM LA store over the weekend sale....it says made in Indo. Should I be concerned?

How do you get in contact with Bobcat Athletic?

Over the last few weeks I've sent a couple of messages via the website and left a few phone messages and have heard nothing from them.

Am I missing something?

How do you get in contact with Bobcat Athletic?

Over the last few weeks I've sent a couple of messages via the website and left a few phone messages and have heard nothing from them.

Am I missing something?

I've tried contacting them through there site too and haven't heard back.

So I called Monkey Sports in Irvine to see if they have what I'm looking for.

Sold out, not ordering any more because they want to wait to see if there will be changes to the sweater in the upcoming season.

River City Sports - Strike 1
Bobcat Athletic - Strike 2 (apparently)
Monkey Sports - Strike 3

I think I'm cursed...

Where exactly does one go in the Tustin Dick's for jersey lettering?

there's an office tucked into the very back. it looks almost like you would be walking into their stock room or something, but it's not. just ask one of their sales lackeys in the front if you can't find it. they'll point you in the correct direction, that's what i did. remember, they're only open M-F, 9a-5p.

Back
Top Bottom