Where to get the jerseys numbered and lettered properly?

So far, I have gotten NO response from Bobcat Athletic...

Bob at Bobcat called me this afternoon. he explained they have been absolutely slammed with work and just were not able to keep up with all the business they've been getting. Also there was employee vacations that had had to be taken. Answering phones and email in a timely manner was next to impossible.

He's a super nice guy and a giant fountain of info. Bob said he'd be all to happy to letter my jersey to exact Kings specs...

My jersey???

D'oh!!! I was contacting him to buy a jersey and have it lettered.

Bob explained how Reebok is running the truly NHL-authentic jersey (Reebok Edge 2.0 Model #7287 ) business, and it's not pretty. Apparently Reebok just does't care much about their NHL merch and only sells the real-deals to the teams. Once in a while the real NHL jerseys will slip out, but not many and not often.

Hopefully he'll be able to contact you soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of off topic. Has anyone had a name plate replaced on their reebok replicas? In specific on the current white away jerseys.

I'm thinking of getting a custom name plate, but I know it would be smaller than the current name plate it's replacing and I was wondering if the old name plate would leave an outline on the white jersey?

Bob at Bobcat called me this afternoon. he explained they have been absolutely slammed with work and just were not able to keep up with all the business they've been getting. Also there was employee vacations that had had to be taken. Answering phones and email in a timely manner was next to impossible.

He's a super nice guy and a giant fountain of info. Bob said he'd be all to happy to letter my jersey to exact Kings specs...

My jersey???

Bob explained how Reebok is running the truly NHL-authentic jersey (Reebok Edge 2.0 Model #7287 ) business, and it's not pretty. Apparently Reebok just does't care much about their NHL merch and only sells the real-deals to the teams. Once in a while the real NHL jerseys will slip out, but not many and not often.

Jersey hunting the last 2 seasons i could tell. Especially the hack and slash job with placement of the "C" and "A" on jerseys.

Kind of off topic. Has anyone had a name plate replaced on their reebok replicas? In specific on the current white away jerseys.

I'm thinking of getting a custom name plate, but I know it would be smaller than the current name plate it's replacing and I was wondering if the old name plate would leave an outline on the white jersey?
No disrespect here, just my humble opinion. If you're looking to replace the "NAME"plate, why not have the new name stitched on individually? It not only looks cleaner, it's closer to the actual on ice version that the players wear!

That would be tough to say. Talk to Josh at EPS (jkliebe@exclusivepro.com). He was a wealth of knowledge for me, and also the reason I elected NOT to send my Doughty sweater (with nameplate) to him for stripping and re-lettering. He told me a lot of places (including the one I ordered my Doughty sweater from) use an awful adhesive under the nameplate, applied before stitching it on (obviously). Many, many of the ones he's seen leave residue that just cannot be taken completely off. Talk to him, and I bet he would be able to make the new nameplate match the existing one so there's no evidence of the swap - and if the adhesive is cooperative (or non-existent), he can even just letter the new name directly to the sweater and it would be to team specs.

I'm sending off my new blank one today for him to customize. I'll report back once all is said and done...

Last edited by a moderator:

My jersey???

This is some very valuable information, and nice of you to share on their behalf. Most people aren't aware that "Bob" at Bobcat Atheletic is Bobby Halfacre, part of the Kings equipment staff. He's directly responsible for the all the Kings alterations, lettering/numbering, repairs, etc. His resume includes design collaboration of the Kings Stadium uni's and more. So, if you're looking for authenticity, quality, and have a bit of patients, Bobcat Atheletic would be an excellent choice.

That would be tough to say. Talk to Josh at EPS (jkliebe@exclusivepro.com). He was a wealth of knowledge for me, and also the reason I elected NOT to send my Doughty sweater (with nameplate) to him for stripping and re-lettering. He told me a lot of places (including the one I ordered my Doughty sweater from) use an awful adhesive under the nameplate, applied before stitching it on (obviously). Many, many of the ones he's seen leave residue that just cannot be taken completely off. Talk to him, and I bet he would be able to make the new nameplate match the existing one so there's no evidence of the swap - and if the adhesive is cooperative (or non-existent), he can even just letter the new name directly to the sweater and it would be to team specs.

I'm sending off my new blank one today for him to customize. I'll report back once all is said and done...

Thanks for the info. It's replica so everything has adhesive instead of stich. I fear that it will leave a residue, but I suppose I can still have the plate be the same size, just with less lettering.

No disrespect here, just my humble opinion. If you're looking to replace the "NAME"plate, why not have the new name stitched on individually? It not only looks cleaner, it's closer to the actual on ice version that the players wear!

I figured that there might be residue from the old name plate, which is why I'm leaning towards opting to just get a new plate. Also it's a replica jersey so I don't see a great need to have it stiched if it will cost more money and take more time to do.

Got my jersey back from hockey monkey and it came out perfectly. Only ended up taking them about 4 days from when I dropped it off. Would highly recommend taking it there, u can't beat the price either.

fpsphil I had a question and sent you a private message, please check your inbox. Thanks.

I called Hockey Monkey and they said the letters and numbers, sewed on, would only be $50. I hope she was correct with that info. She did say they did NOT have the Stanley Cup Finals patches so I got a couple online for about $11 each and they charge $7 or $8 to sew those one. My girl doesn't want any players so she is only getting the Finals patch and I am going Kopitar. I will put pictures and exact prices as soon as I have everything.

I called Hockey Monkey and they said the letters and numbers, sewed on, would only be $50. I hope she was correct with that info. She did say they did NOT have the Stanley Cup Finals patches so I got a couple online for about $11 each and they charge $7 or $8 to sew those one. My girl doesn't want any players so she is only getting the Finals patch and I am going Kopitar. I will put pictures and exact prices as soon as I have everything.

Ya it will only be 50 for hand sewn 2 layer tackle twill numbering trust me :) its really is an amazing price

I was given an authentic last night and just dropped it off at hockey monkey. 50 bucks sounds amazing, and that is the price. I am looking forward to seeing it.

So, I got the call yesterday that my jersey was ready at Hockey Monkey. I dropped it off Saturday at around 3PM, ready at about 10:30 am on Tuesday. So, not the 10-14 business day lead time. Maybe I got lucky. The quality is awesome, superb- phenomenal for the price ($50). It is that tough tackle double twill shenanigans,like the authentics. I am very-very happy.
I cannot post pics now, but if you pm me (or email me at jramirez63@aol.com) I can fwd you a pic.

Hey Mods!

Please make this thread a sticky! It seems to come up every couple of months and a lot of people seem to be wanting the info.

I know that down the road I will be looking into having a jersey or two lettered.

Thanks!

Hey Mods!

Please make this thread a sticky! It seems to come up every couple of months and a lot of people seem to be wanting the info.

I know that down the road I will be looking into having a jersey or two lettered.

Thanks!

Good idea, I'm moving this to the Hockey Players Forum.

I'll give a thumbs up to Bobcat. $60/jersey, all included. They put on a 'Final' patch that I provided and an 'A' at no additional charge. They also had a smaller font available for my wife's jersey.

Finally picked up my jerseys from local embroiderer this week. Bought the 2012 and 2014 scf and champions patches online and had them stitched onto my two away jerseys I picked up during the jersey sale and my og doughty jersey. Debated for a while on patch placement but this is what I came up with:

20140818_210046.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All together, $10/patch and $10/stitching. Had everything stitched at Sports Jackets Unlimited in Whittier (just down the street from my house). Guys were cool to deal with and even offered advice on patch placement. Will be taking more jerseys there to get patched.

The only thing left is to get my two new away jerseys autographed at meet the players haha.

Back
Top Bottom