Groceries The semi-irregular "Cool stuff at Trader Joe's" thread

Has anyone used this stuff before?

P1230951-680x638.jpg

Two things that have changed my life.

Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (refrigerated section):

Sometimes sold out...so I guess the word is spreading. I can murder a tub of this in one sitting...with ease.

54434-Roasted-Tomatillo-Salsa.jpg

Green Dragon Hot Sauce:

Daily staple on my breakfast sandwiches...or pour this right over your eggs. Dang.

trader-joes-green-dragon-hot-sauce.png

Sometimes sold out...so I guess the word is spreading. I can murder a tub of this in one sitting...with ease.

Green Dragon Hot Sauce:

Daily staple on my breakfast sandwiches...or pour this right over your eggs. Dang.

Been crowing about both of these for awhile. The salsa is so good I sometimes just have a spoonful or 2 right out of the container.

The lemon-rosemary spatch-cocked chicken in the meat section has no business tasting as good as it does.
Also a shout out for the coffeecrust cashews.

The lemon-rosemary spatch-cocked chicken in the meat section has no business tasting as good as it does.
Also a shout out for the coffeecrust cashews.

Just looked that up. Think I'm gonna try that one out next week. Thanks!

I think this might have a mention in the BBQ thread but i just tried this stuff and its goood.

81ELxLv1plL._SY679_.jpg

Last edited:
Some time in the next couple weeks we (Trader Joe's) should be getting a Mango Chipotle BBQ sauce. I'm hoping it's another good one.

Green Dragon Hot Sauce:

Ooooh, I miss California. That salsa is west coast only, I've never tried it. . . no dice here in Chicago.
We do get the Dragon though.

Ooooh, I miss California. That salsa is west coast only, I've never tried it. . . no dice here in Chicago.
We do get the Dragon though.

I eat the tomatillo salsa with a spoon. They had one years back that was just as good. You are missing out.

I eat the tomatillo salsa with a spoon. They had one years back that was just as good. You are missing out.

Not any more, I'm on the move to NorCal. Soon will be another 'Two-Time Champions Kings' fan' in Shark territory.
This means I may see you good fellows at a few games next season.
Can't wait.
\

Trader Joe's Aloo Chaat

These are basically like Indian Hot pockets, haha.

trader-joes-aloo-chaat-kati-pouch-box.jpg

I think that they are good and are actually spicy, not white people spicy, lol. :pepper:

Trader Joe's Aloo Chaat

These are basically like Indian Hot pockets, haha.

trader-joes-aloo-chaat-kati-pouch-box.jpg

I think that they are good and are actually spicy, not white people spicy, lol. :pepper:

They have a couple of nice boil-in-a-bag Indian options now too

And these
ONbZkVb.jpg

Are wicked. Soooooooooooo spicy and tasty.

Green Dragon Hot Sauce:

I bought some of that Green Dragon sauce for the first time on my last trip to TJs.

I am now part of the converted! :D

It's good, kinda spicy, but really full of flavor.

I am one of those weirdos who emphasizes heat over flavor, haha, but this one is the opposite and worth it. ;)

They have a couple of nice boil-in-a-bag Indian options now too

Yeah. I've tasted it and it's pretty good if one likes Indian Food.

Stuff like this.

trader-joes-pujab-eggplant.jpg

It IS BOIL in the bag. But because I don't follow instructions, I just poured it outta the pouch into the pot and cooked it. Actually, just as well, it came out the same, and I was able to add hot sauce while stirring it.

I prefer to make rice the traditional way since it's more cost effective and what not, but I sometimes get Brown Rice from Trader Joe's.

SB_TraderJoes_Frozen-BrownRice.jpg

This works in a pinch. Put the bag into the microwave, three minutes, and bam, you have rice for your Indian dishes.

But AGAIN, because I don't follow directions, haha, the first time I bought this, I opened the bag, and poured the rice into hot water to cook the rice.

This time it was NOT just as well, and instead, I got some pretty rubbery rice. :p

Just a real quick note that reading Orphy's fun post reminded me of.
I am still a little surprised at how often customers ask me basic cooking questions.
It's usually college kids (mostly gals) and older folks. "How do I roast a chicken?" Stuff like that.
I admire that they feel comfortable enough to ask, so I always try to be nice and accommodating to the questions.
One broke my heart the other day, a vegan teenager asked me to help pick out the best steak for her dying dog and how to prepare it.
Sorry to hijack for a second, be well all.
Also, if you want some jalapeno flavor with minimal heat, we just got in a new Jalapeno Sauce.
Check it. . . a little creamy, a little smokey but good flavor.
5yentvubdbu21.jpg

Just a real quick note that reading Orphy's fun post reminded me of.
I am still a little surprised at how often customers ask me basic cooking questions.
It's usually college kids (mostly gals) and older folks. "How do I roast a chicken?" Stuff like that.
I admire that they feel comfortable enough to ask, so I always try to be nice and accommodating to the questions.
One broke my heart the other day, a vegan teenager asked me to help pick out the best steak for her dying dog and how to prepare it.
Sorry to hijack for a second, be well all.
Also, if you want some jalapeno flavor with minimal heat, we just got in a new Jalapeno Sauce.
Check it. . . a little creamy, a little smokey but good flavor.
5yentvubdbu21.jpg

way to bring the room down.

Still say that TJ's Pizza Sauce is winner winner veggie dinner.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom