2024-2025 still with Bally's?

kingnut

Top Forward
Does anyone know who will telecast next yrs games? Been hearing (Reading) rumours that Prime is in the mix? Hulu?

People w ESPN Plus, were you happy with the amount of games?

If its on Ballys again I will not support. Ballys feed was horrible, sometimes non existent and they did not "credit" my account for issues etc...

Just now starting to look into next season.

It would be great if Scripps could do what they did in Vegas, put the games on an ota station, like their owned and operated KPXN 30 in LA. Has to bring in more viewers than the 24/7 reruns of meh recent programming (Chicago Fire, Hawaii Five-0 V2, Law and Order, Bull, Criminal Minds)

Last edited:
Bally's is still in bankruptcy court. Amazon Prime was going to distribute the games, which should help, and give them a bunch of money. But the whole thing is still awaiting a judge's approval.

It would be great if Scripps could do what they did in Vegas, put the games on an ota station, like their owned and operated KPXN 30 in LA. Has to bring in more viewers than the 24/7 reruns of meh recent programming (Chicago Fire, Hawaii Five-0 V2, Law and Order, Bull, Criminal Minds)
Bally's is still in bankruptcy court. Amazon Prime was going to distribute the games, which should help, and give them a bunch of money. But the whole thing is still awaiting a judge's approval.

Thanks for the latest info. Looks like will have to wait and see.....

From what I understand Diamond (which owns Ballys Sports) is still in bankruptsy court. It has taken a lot longer than anticipated, but they are hoping someone jumps in and gives them the funds for next season.

These are the two most recent updates of some of Bally's woes.

These are the two most recent updates of some of Bally's woes.

Thanks for the info

The Kings posted a quick reel at LA Rams training practice with Doughty and Moore both saying "ESPN LA, the new home of the Kings". So, I guess ESPN is gonna have regional channels now?

I just saw this concerning Kraken games for the upcoming season. Prior to the upcoming season, non-nationally televised games had only been available on a PNW sports network called Root Sports. It was expensive and restrictive to obtain.

Now with a deal including Amazon Prime, I'll be able to watch their games. Hopefully, something similar is in store for King's games!

For people living out of state, will we able to watch Kings games on ESPN+? And how many games per year are on ESPN+?

I will still have Spectrum in the Palm Desert home, so I can use that to get Bally's So Cal, however, I heard from others that sometimes Bally's is terrible when you stream.

This is crucial as I will have to drop Directv in a couple of months, when the official move happens. Any thoughts or help will be beneficial for this native Californian.

ESPN+ is great for out of market. I still pay for it as since i’m in market and it’s the only way to see a few Kings games. But more importantly I can watch all the other teams any given night and choose the feed. It’s a good and inexpensive app.

Ballys is a poor product in many respects but 20 dollars a month is far superior to 200 dollars a month for a million channels I don’t watch. So I’ve never hated it. It doesn’t transition to postgame seamlessly from the actual game. I always have to go to post game manually and then select “play from beginning.” That minor irritation is Ballys in a nutshell. But it’s still minor.

Bally's....

GU0jYBTXMAAQy3-

Would be nice if Bally's exited stage left - really hate having to keep Spectrum in order to watch Kings games.

I was hoping they'd sell it to Amazon Prime or some other similar streaming company but Diamond/Ballys apparently seemed to have settled a deal. Well, I'll have no choice but to tune in to their app for watching Kings games for another season, no matter how cruddy their management is.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back