Groceries All things:CONDIMENTS

4Mthagp.jpg

Lovely chutney-esque topper, not bad straight out of the jar. Otherwise...for chutney type uses. Found it in the International foods section of the local Ralphs.

Inglehoffer Stone Ground Mustard

9LyzxTcEw6dSY7LNBfVh9SDz3doMYtv-8g3dYTaoJvwY7S5EHfv0Iz-Ga10xqBf6wYMUJcK6g00MViB4h2xk009JjWgmoUsoSQoSYC3uEdKZ6dlqfO68JpZD132u08qs4kGiutwVyeIvcf6rjil_o_G2oRCKXgeLKaF24uylHnqqaeqroWluF4XuDHvS5QRsgRit-XqjZ1r2zrDh-NA=s500-pd-e365-rw-pc0xffffff

I have been meaning to try this. Due the mustard seeds, it's grainy, but I like the texture and while it is strong and spicy, its taste is not too strong. I like it.

I must eat too much mustard. The servings per number for this ten ounce bottle is supposed to be 56, lol. More like 20 something for me. mhihi:

Inglehoffer Stone Ground Mustard

9LyzxTcEw6dSY7LNBfVh9SDz3doMYtv-8g3dYTaoJvwY7S5EHfv0Iz-Ga10xqBf6wYMUJcK6g00MViB4h2xk009JjWgmoUsoSQoSYC3uEdKZ6dlqfO68JpZD132u08qs4kGiutwVyeIvcf6rjil_o_G2oRCKXgeLKaF24uylHnqqaeqroWluF4XuDHvS5QRsgRit-XqjZ1r2zrDh-NA=s500-pd-e365-rw-pc0xffffff

I have been meaning to try this. Due the mustard seeds, it's grainy, but I like the texture and while it is strong and spicy, its taste is not too strong. I like it.

I must eat too much mustard. The servings per number for this ten ounce bottle is supposed to be 56, lol. More like 20 something for me. mhihi:

Hurm. I will have to try. In my mind...there are 2 mustards. Gulden's originaL...and Grey Poupon. I have tried countless dijon mustards, cause grey poupon is ridiculously expensive...but it is all there in the taste.

WELCOME TO FLAVOR TOWN!!!!

Last edited:
i use maille brand mustard. both whole grain and dijon. i like it better than grey poupon.

also jd, i find your sig half funny, half disturbing.

0f773326c47ee0062ef05e3eb230c64d0.jpg.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.jpg

This was one of my favorites, but I think it is off the market now. I discovered it at a local cheese market, went back and picked up a second jar, and then it became noting more than a memory.

0f773326c47ee0062ef05e3eb230c64d0.jpg.750x750_q85ss0_progressive.jpg

This was one of my favorites, but I think it is off the market now. I discovered it at a local cheese market, went back and picked up a second jar, and then it became noting more than a memory.

Thats would make a great base for a wing sauce

Meet your new addiction

A friend of mine at work turned me onto this stuff (he bought me a jar), and I'm hooked. This is great on just about anything - adds a great crunchy, garlicky, smoky mildly spicy oomph to anything you put it on. My friend spreads it on his sandwiches. I just tried it with a piece of salami I had, and I fell in love. I'll be enjoying this at lunch with some beef satay I made last night, and cannot wait for lunch time.

20181204-095033.jpg

A friend of mine at work turned me onto this stuff (he bought me a jar), and I'm hooked. This is great on just about anything - adds a great crunchy, garlicky, smoky mildly spicy oomph to anything you put it on. My friend spreads it on his sandwiches. I just tried it with a piece of salami I had, and I fell in love. I'll be enjoying this at lunch with some beef satay I made last night, and cannot wait for lunch time.

20181204-095033.jpg

Their creative advertisers went full swing on that label. :)

Amazon reviews sound legit. Did you friend buy this in a local store? I cringe dropping $22 for an 8oz jar of something I've never tried.

Amazon reviews sound legit. Did you friend buy this in a local store? I cringe dropping $22 for an 8oz jar of something I've never tried.

It's available at Amazon or through the mfg, but not aware of any local stores that carry it. Yet. He gets his through Amazon (same price as through the mfg), and right now it looks like Amazon has both versions (but only 1 left of the regular). The regular version is spicier (this one is hit or miss being is stock at Amazon), but talking to my friend right now, he said there's a trade off. The spicier version has more chile skin and seed in it, which affects the texture (compared to the mild one). The mild one is super crunchy, whereas the spicier one has a little bit of softness/chew to it from the added chile flake. His wife had ordered the mild one by accident, as it turned out to be a bit of serendipity. He said he very much prefers the mild one for the texture.

Here's the mfg site if you want it: http://www.chilecrunch.com/products/

Edit: fix some facts. Amazon actually had both versions on hand at the time of this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom