Groceries All things:CONDIMENTS

KETCHUP IS A GARBAGE CONDIMENT
AND YOU'RE A MORON IF YOU USE
IT
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/why-ketchup-is-not-good-for-you

Lies. Propaganda. What the hell are you supposed to put on fries? Balderdash!

Catsup has its place on the table but I have been telling [MENTION=3543]TooCool[/MENTION] this for a while.

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council (this is a real thing that exists) goes as far as to deem dressing a dog with ketchup completely unacceptable over the age of 18

Catsup has its place on the table but I have been telling [MENTION=3543]TooCool[/MENTION] this for a while.

I don't care what they say. When I go to Dodger Stadium, I'm going to have it the way I did before I was 18. That includes ketchup.

What about specialty Ketchups like Sricha? And I switched from Ketchup to cocktail sauce as far as (veggie) hot dogs go years ago, where does the Hot Dog Council stand on that?

I don't care what they say. When I go to Dodger Stadium, I'm going to have it the way I did before I was 18. That includes ketchup.

Exactly! I grew up with Ketchup on Hot Dogs. Just because I'm an "adult" doesn't mean I suddenly have to stop because it's an unwritten rule or something. Plus, I despise mustard and don't like relish. I ain't going to eat a hot dog plain. (Unless they run out of ketchup...)

But on a side note, why the hell is [MENTION=7901]notbob[/MENTION] calling it Catsup. He's not the only one either. Where did that term come from and why don't you just call it Ketchup?

Exactly! I grew up with Ketchup on Hot Dogs. Just because I'm an "adult" doesn't mean I suddenly have to stop because it's an unwritten rule or something. Plus, I despise mustard and don't like relish. I ain't going to eat a hot dog plain. (Unless they run out of ketchup...)

But on a side note, why the hell is notbob calling it Catsup. He's not the only one either. Where did that term come from and why don't you just call it Ketchup?

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ket2.htm

Ketchup was one of the earliest names given to this condiment, so spelled in Charles Lockyer?s book of 1711, An Account of the Trade in India: ?Soy comes in Tubbs from Jappan, and the best Ketchup from Tonquin; yet good of both sorts are made and sold very cheap in China?. Nobody seems quite sure where it comes from, and I won?t bore you with a long disquisition concerning the scholarly debate on the matter, which is reflected in the varied origins given in major dictionaries. It?s likely to be from a Chinese dialect, imported into English through Malay. The original was a kind of fish sauce, though the modern Malay and Indonesian version, with the closely related name kecap, is a soy sauce.

On a related note, when I was in sixth grade, we read a "mystery" book in class (That I can't remember the name of) about a group of animals that thought they were prisoners, or were trying to escape... Anyhow, one of the characters was a cat, and saw a bottle filled with red liquid called "cat soup" (catsup) and thought that he was going to be cooked and eaten. Why I remember that and not actually important things, I have no idea. But that's where I first heard about catsup and back then, you could still buy catsup (which is ketchup) at the store.

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council (this is a real thing that exists) goes as far as to deem dressing a dog with ketchup completely unacceptable over the age of 18

I'm 39 years old, and I put so much ketchup on my hotdog, you'd think the hotdog was just to have something to put the ketchup on.

I'm 39 years old, and I put so much ketchup on my hotdog, you'd think the hotdog was just to have something to put the ketchup on.

Dude...especially when you go vegetarian...most food is just a canoe for condiments. Why you think I started this thread?

There's been a frenzy of posts in this thread today! Now I hafta catchup. :rimshot: :tom:

Now, that I think about it, I usually just put ketchup on potato based foods (fries, hashbrowns, tater tots, ect.). Not on Latkes though, haha, but one day I just might. ;) :manybeers:

There's been a frenzy of posts in this thread today! Now I hafta catchup. :rimshot: :tom:

Now, that I think about it, I usually just put ketchup on potato based foods (fries, hashbrowns, tater tots, ect.). Not on Latkes though, haha, but one day I just might. ;) :manybeers:

you foolish fool you. Only one thing goes on latkes...

KETCHUP IS A GARBAGE CONDIMENT
AND YOU'RE A MORON IF YOU USE
IT
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/why-ketchup-is-not-good-for-you

Lies. Propaganda. What the hell are you supposed to put on fries? Balderdash!

It's spelled Moran around these here parts. ;)

I used to assume that Catsup was just the Latino variation on the name since I see bottles with that spelling in such markets. I guess it isn't that simple.

I am a vegetarian, so I don't eat hotdogs. Well, I have had those faux paus veggie dogs, but I am not really big on them. When I do, I default to mustard. Maybe, it's a cultural thing, I mean hotdogs can be prepared in so many ways. When the writer Nora Ephron was on Charlie Rose she said that her final meal would be a hot dog with Gulden's Mustard. That sounds about right. I prefer veggie corn dogs mainly because the batter bread covering tastes the same as the regular ones, and yeah, I also add mustard to them. :p

you foolish fool you. Only one thing goes on latkes...

That's pretty good! :good:

Haha, but sometimes, I add cream instead. :p

Laktes are Notbob's domain. Him and his family make 'em from scratch.

'Cause I am lame, I buy them from a deli or this...

frozenlatkes.jpg

No catsup though! :nono:

I am surprised how coherent those posts were considering how sauced, I was, haha.

Yesterday, I was at an arcade because I am ten years old, haha, and one of the claw machines had these. Is it weird that I want one? :p

Sriracha.jpg

I am surprised how coherent those posts were considering how sauced, I was, haha.

Yesterday, I was at an arcade because I am ten years old, haha, and one of the claw machines had these. Is it weird that I want one? :p

Sriracha.jpg

That all depends on what you want to do with it.

I wholeheartedly agree that ketchup does not belong on a hot dog. Just mustard and relish for me, thanks. But if y'all aren't having bacon-wrapped hot dogs (Hebrew National being my preferred brand), dressed with some mayonnaise (I really, really like Heinz), you're missing out.

Be proactive and stock up on statins first. It's worth it.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom