All Things:NETFLIX

Is anybody watching Warrior Nun? That looks teh Stupid too, but I might have to give it a go, haha.

Both Cursed and Warrior Ninja are based on comics. The latter which I was aware of, both of which, however, I haven't read. :p

The wife and I watched Warrior Nun, and liked it. Just started watching Curse, and the first episode was okay. Haven't gone back to it just yet.

Finished Cursed. Not as bad as I thought when first starting. It is very Game of Thrones Jr. ish.

Season 2 please.

Just finished Pine Gap and very much enjoyed. A slow moving political chess game show about a shared US/Australian defense intelligence base in the Australian outback, and how they maneuver shared vs. behind your back intelligence while trying to avoid a China/US war with Australia in the middle. Oh and with a potential mole in the middle.

Slow moving and not a 24-type action show, much more behind the scenes. But with only 6 episodes easy to get through, with a lot happening fast. Sure some characters have that "wtf are you thinking" moments, but it was fun to see play out and easily sets up a second season if netflix green lights.

Dude The Babysitter: Killer Queen was all kinds of dumb fun! You know, if you like laughing, teenage drama, and lots of body parts exploding at random times..

I gotta say that Hubie Halloween was terrible. I'm generally a Sandler fan, probably more so his earlier stuff but I literally laughed zero times during this flick. Ugh.

Bly Manor is hella tite. Then I went and watched The Innocents again after I finished and that felt like a cliffsnotes version. Haven't read the book though. Anyone else feel though that Flanagan's two Netflix shows follow the same pattern?

To the Lake

to-the-lake-netflix-8-1200x675.jpg

Russian. Awesome. It's juuuust a little topical. Russian title was "Epidemic." So yeah. Imagine COVID, but with a 100% mortality rate and what that might do. You've got "To the Lake." Good ****.

Last edited:
To the Lake

to-the-lake-netflix-8-1200x675.jpg

Russian. Awesome. It's juuuust a little topical. Russian title was "Epidemic." So yeah. Imagine COVID, but with a 100% mortality rate and what that might do. You've got "To the Lake." Good ****.

Wow. Are we dealing with the pandemic differently. You're steering into the madness and I'm drifting further away from actual reality.

Gosta. Swedish show about a kind hearted man, who has taken a job in a small town and lives in a minimalist cabin in the woods. He's a child psychologist by day and every single person in his life (family, friends, exes, strangers on the street), need his help. And he's absolutely there for them. He rides a bike, has a canvas tote and for sure recycles. It's listed as a comedy but to me it's science fiction.

It's shot beautifully and as an American I can say there is no way this show would make it out of the elevator pitch process but as a European show... compelling.

HBO Europe (max option?)
286109C5-EC9A-4DD4-B993-0638250A2776.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom