All Things:NETFLIX

Anyone catch Space Sweepers? I dubbed in English but man it's all kinds of cheesy space opera fun

The Irregulars was killer (no pun intended). A bit cheesy, a bit young adult. Yet quite dark at times. Liked the casting a lot (the guy playing sherlock holmes was different than I expected).

Netflix bought USA Today's front page to advertise. Some thought it was a real story, lol.

E3OSiqMXoAAwYHd

The Fear Street trilogy movies were all kinds of super campy fun. And a killer soundtrack (no pun intended)

Somebody feed Phil (2016-20)

Somebody_feed_phil.jpg

So, late to the party, again. This is a run-of-the-mill travel food show on Netflix. Beautiful imagery, local food finds and an open-hearted beautiful person enjoying it all. Phil Rosenthal the creator of that ?G? rated show Everybody loves ?whomever, is the host; he wears ?Dad shorts?, purple Polo?s and seems convinced there is good in everyone. He is just here for the great food, goofy commentary and day drinking. [If this is not for you, stop reading] So pretty much a Bizzaro Bourdain.

Yes, it?s been done. No, we?re not ?learning? anything about the country of origin but, this guy is so sweet, genuine and so g.d. funny, you get sucked in. Maybe I?m just missing my Pops or whatever but it?s like if your sweet dad went on an adventure by himself with no one telling him he?s being silly, ridiculous or you wore that shirt yesterday! Comedy would ensue. His brother (Richard) is the producer, so he?s always putting him in awkward situations and Phil (being a nice Jewish boy) Skypes with his parents once a show (who always asks about Richard--because of course they do). If they were not all funny it would be super cringy, but they are, so it works.

It?s happy, it?s pretty and it?s pre-covid. And it was just what I needed being trapped in the house due to a pandemic; as an aside: for no real reason I cried happy tears by the end of almost every episode. Lols.

Was this review too girly? Meh. I?ll get ?em next time when I review a Cannibal-Cannabis show that I?m sure Netflix is producing . =) Okay, ((((virtual hugs))))

I love Somebody Feed Phil. He makes good connections at each stop and I love it facetime with his dad at the end of the episodes.

So anyone watch Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe? I actually liked it a lot if you can get over it being mostly about Teela, not he-man (to an extent). But that ending, whoa.

Old school feel to it.

Midnight Mass flippin rules. Flanagan nails it again!

This show has come out near October like the first season of The Haunting of Hill House Netflix series (I forget what time the second one came out, lol).

Which makes sense with it being spooky and all, but, since I do Halloween movies all month in October, like the first season of Haunting, it'll hafta wait 'till November. Works out though because it'll allow me to stretch all things spooky. ;)

This show has come out near October like the first season of The Haunting of Hill House Netflix series (I forget what time the second one came out, lol).

Which makes sense with it being spooky and all, but, since I do Halloween movies all month in October, like the first season of Haunting, it'll hafta wait 'till November. Works out though because it'll allow me to stretch all things spooky. ;)

So like... you don't watch horror 24/7? wuuuuuuuuuuut...?

PS - one more thing bout Midnight Mass. I appreciate it being 7 episodes and not 10-13 like other shows. Just to the point with no fluff. I was expecting the typical "Flanagan Flashback" episode around 6-7 per usual, which thinking about it now they were kind of building towards it. We don't *always* need **** explained so this was fine.

Started rewatching Midnight Mass again last night. Just in the 1st two episodes I feel like I missed so much. A lot of random stuff ends up being pretty big in the end.

Back
Top Bottom