***LA Kings @ Detroit Red Wings GDT 1/13/24 4:00pm on BSW***

It would be nice if we could string together a full 60 minutes.

I stopped watching after the 1st to watch the Chiefs playoff game. I'll take some blame for the loss. I just read all the posts and knew this was horrible. It's a sad time for being a Kings fan.

I wonder what happened with Kopi's faceoffs, the past few games he has been pretty bad.
Bally's flashed his stats before the final faceoff. 3/21. I was like "that can't be right". I checked the box score and it was right. :(

Please no one mention Sutter again when a coaching change is suggested. That ship has definitely sailed… especially after Kopitar and Doughty visibly quit on Darryl.

Next 10 minutes would be a great time for Clarke to TRY something. Not even expecting much but to this point he’s playing a more simplistic game than Englund.
I guess that may have something to do with him not feeling the confidence from his coach? If you ”know” that one mistake will get you scratched next game I guess you play very safe and simplistic…

Last edited:
Bally's flashed his stats before the final faceoff. 3/21. I was like "that can't be right". I checked the box score and it was right. :(
It was wrong, but not by much. Official line was 4 up, 18 down.

Just came back to post Kopitar’s face-off stats: 4 wins, 18 losses. Really hard to believe. The Captain had a truly crap game. I think TM has played him too much at his age. He sure looked old tonight.
Hand injury? No puck control at all, not like him.

Just came back to post Kopitar’s face-off stats: 4 wins, 18 losses. Really hard to believe. The Captain had a truly crap game. I think TM has played him too much at his age. He sure looked old tonight.
2 PP assists and even 5 on 5. I would not say that is a crap game. He was decent. He should not be playing 20+ minutes a game any more though. He'd probably be more effective with less ice time. Like Jamie Benn has been. 18-20 mins would be ideal.

2 PP assists and even 5 on 5. I would not say that is a crap game. He was decent. He should not be playing 20+ minutes a game any more though. He'd probably be more effective with less ice time. Like Jamie Benn has been. 18-20 mins would be ideal.
Despite the assists, Kopi was ineffective and looked weak for the 2 periods I watched. Fiala made the outstanding play on the first King goal. Kopi made a very easy pass to QB. I didn’t see the second assist.

I guess that may have something to do with him not feeling the confidence from his coach? If you ”know” that one mistake Will get you scratched next game I guess you play very safe and simplistic…
Definitely a lack of confidence and familiarity with the squad. There were at least two plays with the goalie pulled where a Kings forward passed the puck back to the point and Clarke wasn’t ready or expecting it.

Definitely a lack of confidence and familiarity with the squad. There were at least two plays with the goalie pulled where a Kings forward passed the puck back to the point and Clarke wasn’t ready or expecting it.
I still don't know why he is playing. It isn't like Spence was playing poorly at all in the QB2 role.

I wonder if Blake could talk Berube into the job. I know Craig said he was done with coaching for the year… but who knows? I would also be good with Gabby getting the call. You know he would fix the offense.

Despite the assists, Kopi was ineffective and looked weak for the 2 periods I watched. Fiala made the outstanding play on the first King goal. Kopi made a very easy pass to QB. I didn’t see the second assist.
Fair enough. I didn't see assist #2 either. I was picking up takeout at the time.

I wonder if Blake could talk Berube into the job. I know Craig said he was done with coaching for the year… but who knows? I would also be good with Gabby getting the call. You know he would fix the offense.
Chief would be good. I thought Dean Evason did a solid job in Minnesota too. I wouldn't mind him behind our bench.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom