***LA Kings @ Detroit Red Wings GDT 1/13/24 4:00pm on BSW***

Missed the game due to climbing all day in Apple Valley. Redpointed my project, so while the Kings lost, I won.

Feels tainted though because I’m sad and pissed off at how they played from all I’ve read. The game was on at my buddy’s house when I dropped him off. I saw the DET goals 3 and 4. The third, wowC Englund doesn’t even get his stick in there anymore and Clarke looked lost and totally unready. The fourth goal I barely caught other than it looked like the Kings had given up on that one.

I can’t believe I’d join along in advocating to fire the coach THIS season, but I also can’t believe what’s happened. This team looks and sounds absolutely defeated.

One thing that haunts me too is after the second MTL game. I forgot the Hab, but he dismissed the Kings’ system, saying, “Other teams are going to figure it out.” At the time I took it as sour grapes. Now I take it as an NHL player knowing exactly what he was talking about.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the gwg would be scored in the second:

AngelEyes
Dr. Tran
jammer06
Chateau Bow Wow
Byron
Jerram
DRGinLBC
ICE24
empire
dannybuoy1
mugs
Rog or Reg?

Well I'm glad mini had a game that started about the start of the second and was a bit more successful than the kings game. That was brutal. Theyve tried all the nice stuff, time for the mean stuff I guess. I don't normally bet actual dollars on the nhl, but at this point would anyone wager on the kings against the canes? Would it be worth $5 to break this streak?

Last edited:
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the gwg would be scored in the second:

AngelEyes
Dr. Tran
jammer06
Chateau Bow Wow
Byron
Jerram
DRGinLBC
ICE24
empire
dannybuoy1
mugs

Well I'm glad mini had a game that started about the start of the second and was a bit more successful than the kings game. That was brutal. Theyve tried all the nice stuff, time for the mean stuff I guess. I don't normally bet actual dollars on the nhl, but at this point would anyone wager on the kings against the canes? Would it be worth $5 to break this streak?
Whoopsie.

I also had the second period... I believe on the second page... I started a couple months late, so I have a lot of ground to make up! Thanks!

The third, wowC Englund doesn’t even get his stick in there anymore and Clarke looked lost and totally unready. The fourth goal I barely caught other than it looked like the Kings had given up on that one.

Great point about Englund. Nobody's talking about it but during the losing streak but he's playing by far the least effective hockey of his season. Check out his TOI & +/- since the streak started:

@ VGK 12:54 -2
vs EDM 9:24 0
vs TOR 11:22 -1
vs DET 12:03 1
@ WAS 16:13 -2
@ TBL 10:55 1
@ FLA 13:58 0
@ DET 11:24 -1

In the 7 games before this stretch he played a minimum of 14:38 and regularly played over 16 minutes per game.

I understand we don't have a better option. Englund just has to play much better.

Great point about Englund. Nobody's talking about it but during the losing streak but he's playing by far the least effective hockey of his season. Check out his TOI & +/- since the streak started:

In the 7 games before this stretch he played a minimum of 14:38 and regularly played over 16 minutes per game.

I understand we don't have a better option. Englund just has to play much better.
Earlier in the year he’d get his stick on the puck against some really good players. Now he just skates backwards and looks like a traffic cone. One of those guys who even if fully healthy can’t handle an 82 game season. Grundstrom another one of those, I’m afraid.

The minuses for Englund don’t surprise me at all. Though there could be a better option at least in some games: Moverare. He filled in as well as could have been hoped for Gavrikov.

Nah, it's all PLDs fault. Everybody knows that. :rolleyes:

Earlier in the year he’d get his stick on the puck against some really good players. Now he just skates backwards and looks like a traffic cone. One of those guys who even if fully healthy can’t handle an 82 game season. Grundstrom another one of those, I’m afraid.

The minuses for Englund don’t surprise me at all. Though there could be a better option at least in some games: Moverare. He filled in as well as could have been hoped for Gavrikov.
Not to mention that Spence spent most of his time in Ontario playing beside Moverare or Bjornfot. But if you take Englund off the ice, the team loses 99% of its toughness. Just another contradiction on a team full of conundrums right now.

Not to mention that Spence spent most of his time in Ontario playing beside Moverare or Bjornfot. But if you take Englund off the ice, the team loses 99% of its toughness. Just another contradiction on a team full of conundrums right now.
Exactly. Englund is the majority of the Kings toughness. He's also a 3rd pairing defenseman paid 3rd pairing minutes money playing like a 3rd pairing guy.

anyone else think Mikey A might have some sort of nagging arm/shoulder/rib injury? I just watched the 1st period from yesterday (because I missed it and like to torture myself), and Mikey made several of the little mistakes I've noticed him making for about 10 or so games (mentioned it to my car-mates after a home game, but not the last home game, so at least 9 games ago). He seems to make a lot of mistakes when he has to use his lower (left) hand. And, maybe I'm just imagining it, but he seems to avoid contact. He is usually flawless on clears and plays behind the net, but he's had so many mistakes lately. (well, I mean, all players make some mistakes, but these are unusual for MIkey).
Anyway, if he is nursing something, I hope it heals up over the All-Star break!

Should the post subject say the 13th, not the 12th?
why, yes, it should have, LOL....sorry didn't get to read through the GDT on Saturday because I was busy all day....and I'm usually posting these with my eyes half asleep!!

Conundrums is right. So many moves a Catch-22. But he really looks like he needs a break.

I really liked what I saw with Moverare. He has improved all areas of his game. I'd have no issue with him
getting games if they decide to rest Englund. There was hardly any drop off when he filled in for Vlad.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom