***LA Kings @ Vegas Golden Knights GDT 12/28/23 7:00pm on BSW***

Just dumb coaching. He needed to pull Talbot once the PP got set up. Vegas was clearly sucking wind.

1693724193372453.gif

Not too excited for the next game with the Oilers now.

The weakest link on the team is #34. At the beginning of the season, I thought it would be Englund, but he has been remarkably steady for the most part. If Kaliyev actually scored more, one could forgive the weaker parts of his game. As it is, Arty is just not good enough at the key elements of the game that don’t involve shooting. I hope TM explores alternatives soon.
Would be alright by me if Blake explored alternatives to Kaliyev also.

3 defensive breakdowns. need to learn to beast these specialized teams (VGK with the shot blocks, Oilers with the PP, etc.),. this is the year to figure it out.

That was really good pressure at the end with the EN. I ain't even mad.

And Thousand Island better get sent to the All-Star game and put into the skills competition against the like of McJesus and Crysby.

Yeah, I've been ragging on PLD for his hit-or-miss performances this season, but now I'm beginning to think Kaliyev is the biggest problem on this team's roster. He's not been effective lately and tends to drag down his teammates with his limited amount of skills. Either he has to be waived or he should be traded for another player who will be better than him in both ends of the ice. I fear he might turn into another Amadio-esque castoff who might improve himself for the better with a future new team but right now, he just isn't clicking.

Unlike last time in Vegas, we just didn’t play well enough to win tonight. They pushed the play for 40 minutes and went into their shutdown game in the 3rd.

It’s nice that Moore got the 2nd one and they had to sweat for 2 min, but tbh we weren’t good enough in this game. The pressure in the 3rd was mostly by design from Vegas laying back.

Moving on. Just continue to improve. Looks like Blake is going to need another scoring forward unless they think Arvidsson is going to come back and magically be Arvidsson. If it were me, I’m not counting on that scenario.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 3 of 77 combined shots on goal and/or came up with a final score of 3-2:

76,78 SOG (3 Points):
jammer06
Rogie-Vachon

75,79 SOG (2 Points):
Bill Hicks

74,80 SOG (1 Point):
puckoff
cokingsfan
Shackleford
TooCool

3-2 Final Score (1 Point):
jammer06
waynet
DRice
DRGinLBC
randdog
forum gold
Sevenhole
Chateau Bow Wow
AngelEyes
puckoff
Liz4LA
katydid213
JayWells24
rfischer
empire
pray4mojo
KernCoKingFan
beady eye
Shackleford
VegasHockey
Nyssa42
mugs
notbob
Kurisu
Jerram
Rogie-Vachon
hornman
Dr. Tran

Its a big list, please let me know if I missed you on it. Regarding the game....I'd be curious if they say it was a matter of chances and they'd do their gameplan the same way or if there is an adjustment. The swapping of the D pairs late was interesting since nobody was truly benched. Lets see how the team reacts saturday. This was definitely a big boy game, and chances/execution mattered. At least Trevor Moore made up that goal with a beauty of a snipe.

Despite having a good year, the Kings are proving that they can't compete with the elite teams in the league. Does not bode well for the playoffs.

Kings had a close season series with LV and got 3 pts, they got 4.

I will say that my main concern re: playoffs is Todd’s ability to make adjustments. PHI and SEA both won their rematch games that quickly followed losses because they adjusted and Todd’s Kings didn’t do anything. Harder to adjust after a win than a loss but still gave me that playoff feeling from the last two seasons.

In a series with Vegas, would they be able to get shots through or just get blocked all series?

Last edited:
Okay but does a really close SO loss to Vegas or the time Kings beat them 4-1 not count for anything? Just the one goal loss on a back-to-back? Speaking of back-to-back, the NYR game was as scheduled a L as you’re going to see. When the Kings beat COL, that was a scheduled L for them. There’s a lot of luck involved in the regular season wrt to schedules. Catching the reigning champs on a 4-game skid when they’ve never lost 5 in a row is its own kind of luck also.

I will say that my main concern re: playoffs is Todd’s ability to make adjustments. PHI and SEA both won their rematch games that quickly followed losses because they adjusted and Todd’s Kings didn’t do anything. Harder to adjust after a win than a loss but still gave me that playoff feeling from the last two seasons.
Its an interesting question when you've got everyone jumping on the bandwagon, what have you done for me lately matters when more people are noticing. So did this matter more? or does the fact that the season series was edged by them 3 points to 4 have meaning? One point in December matters just as much as in April, or does it? Fans paying means they matter to the bottom line just as much even if they aren't die hards. Realistically it was an emotional game that matters a lot right now but I'm already getting my Edmonton angst on myself.

My favorite takeaway of this season so far is obviously Trevor Moore. Where the hell did he get a shot like that over the summer? I mean the way he picks corners off the goalies mask half the time?... he's just a threat literally anywhere in the offensive zone at this point, time and space don't even matter.

PP1 should include our top goal scorer, no? I'd try him instead of Kempe simply because Kempe's one timer has been scouted and our PP is busted as a result, hence the greasy goals by Kopi/QB. Moore's shot is harder to predict, and Fiala would be out there with a line mate rather than a line he didn't necessarily gel with (55,9,11).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom