Punk...

been listening to these guys a lot lately:

and because i love the subsequent monologue..

I have Avail's first record. Wasn't really into it. I'll give it a listen once again.

A Vision fan? Damn! I like "In The Blink of An Eye," but after that, not really a fan.

More morning greatness:

A Vision fan? Damn! I like "In The Blink of An Eye," but after that, not really a fan.
saw them for the first time actually as I went to an Epitaph group tour to see millencolin. Instantly went to their merch booth and bought 3 cd's and a t-shirt.

Saw them a couple years later opening for the bouncing souls in pomona. Paul walked up before the show and commented he liked my iron maiden shirt. I asked if they'd play Live Today, and they did. Consider me a fan.

I always liked this SOIA video:

i finally got around to buying and listening to the s/t rites of spring album. wish i had a cool boyfriend who had introduced me to that when i was in high school. better late than never though.

here's a video.

i finally got around to buying and listening to the s/t rites of spring album. wish i had a cool boyfriend who had introduced me to that when i was in high school. better late than never though.

here's a video.

"I woke up this morning
with a piece of past caught in my throat
and then I choked."

I was going to post Rites of Spring today. One of my favorite records ever & a huge influence to me. There's no doubt that Guy Picciotto was the talent behind Fugazi. I love Dischord Records from 1984-1992. Some of the greatest post punk/hardcore bands came out of the DC area.

and of course

That's stupid…'punk rock'. I just think of it as 'rock and roll' because that's what it is.

The Punker's "Punk" will be here on Sat. Somebody knock Raffi Torres into next week please

Kind of funny when you look at it....how back in the day the Clash was considered Punk and spoke of in the same vain of the Sex Pistols and Black Flag. Funny how people can still refer to them as Punk rock Originators and I am ok with it but if someone was to refer to Green Day as Punk I would puke in my mouth.

Anything after Wig Out At Dinkos by Dag Nasty doesn't exist. Field Day was Baker's crossover to Junkyard.

Green Day & the rest of the so called punk/emo bands of today are no different from the hair bands of the late 80's. Lets compare shall we:

Stupid hairdos -check
Make up - check
Tons of tattooed - check
Whining about losing girlfriends - check

Oh man.(thread taking "the turn" I didn't want it to take). Well, glad it lasted 50ish posts. :D

Back on topic....some Dr Know for your Saturday listening pleasure...

Hey Dave or any other Nardcore loving peeps that are on FB; search "Punk Rock Chronicles" and subscribe. Its some cat that is doing a full Documentry on the early/mid 80's nard scene. In fact, just today he posted that he finally found Big Bob (Aggression) and is doing an intense interview with him. Big Bob is apparently homeless and a complete mess. Its sad to hear...such a killer garage punk band.

Last edited:
I was trying to find that old video of Fear playing on saturday night live, but it seems to have been taken down on many a site

Back
Top Bottom