Punk...

lol i'm still not ready to go to shows yet. i think i went to 2 or 3 in 2020 before the shut down and that's it. i've been sitting around being a home body, binge watching old tv shows i finally have time for and loving it. i'm fully vaccinated now and still don't feel ready to be out in a crowd. from what i hear though, the PW guys really need the money since they hadn't been able to tour for a whole year. that was surprising to me because i thought they made money from all those bro hymn royalties, but i guess not.
!
I'm with ya. Not that I trust Orange County at all, but maybe by November...

Punk%20In%20The%20Park_WEBSITE.webp

Ucsd: that could be the actual image of the OC show; Plague-walkers and all. Can one of you punk guys fill me in, I thought NOFX was black-balled for some odd reason. Did I get that wrong? Or did they fix their "issue"?

*still foggy on the details -- maybe it was not even this band. Bleh.

Ucsd: that could be the actual image of the OC show; Plague-walkers and all. Can one of you punk guys fill me in, I thought NOFX was black-balled for some odd reason. Did I get that wrong? Or did they fix their "issue"?

*still foggy on the details -- maybe it was not even this band. Bleh.

Allegedly they were "blackballed" awhile back due to comments they made at the Stone Brewing sponsored Punk in Drublic festival about only getting shot in vegas if you're in a country band. Stone disassociated themselves quickly (https://www.stonebrewing.com/sites/default/files/nofx_statementv2_0.pdf) NOFX apologized (https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8459092/nofx-apologizes-las-vegas-comments). It was a weird apology considering who they are, and Mike always talking about how punk has become so safe. But that was pretty much it from my memory.

Allegedly they were "blackballed" awhile back due to comments they made at the Stone Brewing sponsored Punk in Drublic festival about only getting shot in vegas if you're in a country band. Stone disassociated themselves quickly (https://www.stonebrewing.com/sites/default/files/nofx_statementv2_0.pdf) NOFX apologized (https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8459092/nofx-apologizes-las-vegas-comments). It was a weird apology considering who they are, and Mike always talking about how punk has become so safe. But that was pretty much it from my memory.

Gotcha. Sounds about right. [Making it worse] Jeez Mike, is that the hill you want to die on? Sheesh.

Note: Heavy Petting Zoo's album cover still disturbs me.

ya i dunno. i live in a special place that guides my decisions... i know so many people here in HB who don't want to get the vaccine either because they survived this long through the pandemic without it or because the J&J blood clots freaked them out. i mean... they have a higher likelihood of catching covid and having issues or passing it on to someone who will than they would suffering a blood clot, but you know, that just makes too much sense. my pilates teacher thinks the vaccine will give you cancer. not sure where she gets that info... but then again she also thought NASA was gonna turn off the power grid for the entire USA for 6 days during christmas week to stop the chinese from hacking us. ?\_(ツ)_/?

there was just a hardcore fest in NYC that violated all the permit protocols so all future permits related to the fest's organizers have been revoked.
https://gothamist.com/arts-entertainment/tompkins-hardcore-show-crowds-permit-covid-revoked

there's a lucero show coming up in november that i was tempted to get a ticket for, but there's just too much uncertainty so i think i'm gonna take the year off from shows for now.

ya i dunno. i live in a special place that guides my decisions... i know so many people here in HB who don't want to get the vaccine either because they survived this long through the pandemic without it or because the J&J blood clots freaked them out. i mean... they have a higher likelihood of catching covid and having issues or passing it on to someone who will than they would suffering a blood clot, but you know, that just makes too much sense. my pilates teacher thinks the vaccine will give you cancer. not sure where she gets that info... but then again she also thought NASA was gonna turn off the power grid for the entire USA for 6 days during christmas week to stop the chinese from hacking us. ?\_(ツ)_/?

there was just a hardcore fest in NYC that violated all the permit protocols so all future permits related to the fest's organizers have been revoked.
https://gothamist.com/arts-entertainment/tompkins-hardcore-show-crowds-permit-covid-revoked

there's a lucero show coming up in november that i was tempted to get a ticket for, but there's just too much uncertainty so i think i'm gonna take the year off from shows for now.
I heard about that Black n Blue show. I think 2,000 people showed up or something. Madball!! :)

Yeah I went to the ska show at oak canyon park which was super fun, but I imagine with this lineup it could turn into a cluster****, especially with the free beer tastings.

lunchbox you see this? Black n Blue coming back hard... warning: language

Today, John Joseph of Bloodclot e-mailed Punknews stating that he believed that facts included in the previous articles that reported on the story (across all sites covering the event) had factual inaccuracies. Punknews offered Joseph the opportunity to post a statement, which Joseph accepted. Joseph also asked for a recent interview with NYHC Chronicles and the permit to be posted as well. You can find the statement and related items below.

John Joseph Statement: “So many in the media spread lies about this show saying that we had a permit that was for a 9/11 event - total and complete bulls***. As was the fact that this was a white privilege show and full of racism and all the rest of the bull**** that they spewed out. BLM had a table set up taking donations at the show and we fed over 400 people organic plant-based meals that day. We also raised well over $10,000 in donations for the fire department of New York’s burn center. Which they would not take because the media lied about the permit - that we used 911 as a smokescreen to get the permit from the park. Who does a 911 event on April 24? I sent you guys a copy of the permit it says for a concert/rally. Furthermore the park was filled that day anyway - anybody that knows Tompkins Square Park knows on a 70 degree sunny day there are huge crowds in there on a Saturday. We could not control how many people attended the show. Also do you think the police department who were there when we were setting up the stage would’ve let us do it if it didn’t say we had a concert permit? The worst part is all the people in the punk hardcore, metal and alternative press threw us under a f***** bus instead of coming to us - none of you guys - not one interviewed us first - you trusted the lying a** media to get your stories. So you can post click bait. Then the whole cancel culture s*** ran with the story talking s*** about each and everyone of us who participated in the show - I don’t care about all you people that called it a super-spreader show and the rest of the bulls*** you talked - there has not been one case of Covid reported. We decided to take a stand and open back up our stages and our way of life - just because some of you don’t agree with it I could give a f*** less. Stay the f*** home, watch CNN and the rest. I never gave a s*** what critics said in the 70s and 80s and I still don’t care. So watch the video - there were people from all walks of life in the crowd and playing that day. Those who wanted to be there were there Those who didn’t want to be there stayed home. And to the ones who talked s*** on social media I could give two f***s less. Cancel culture can go f*** themselves. They are the same ones who criticized punk rock in the 70s and hardcore in the 80s. And they will all go away soon to live out there quiet lives of desperation while we carry on what we’ve been doing for decades . Now let’s see who takes the time to watch the interview. You have the link for that and the permit.”

Have any of you had the opportunity of experiencing an Idles show yet?

Wish we could've gotten Off With Their Heads in LA. I love Tim Barry but Avail would've been nicer :)

406532550_10228841382433843_6138262481706165099_n.jpg

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom